Is it time to retire the Gun gifs from exhale?

KrisJ

Is it time to retire the Gun gifs from exhale?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

honestly the privilege of thinking about a ****** GIF right now

1. the first thing that comes to your mind is censorship

2.regarding a GIF? like wtf

3. the world is an effed up place. look at the Russian war crimes in The Ukraine or Syria! not to forget Yemen or the Uyghurs in China !

4. focus on humanity, not the internet or (digital) art

5. think about the change you can make in your politic votes in your country! demonstrate for change! concentrate on the bigger picture!

6. use your democracy for good!

7. Criminal music video, remember? (not gonna use the GIF now out of respect)

Calm Down Real Housewives GIF

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Kletus said:

But how else would I explain my disdain towards Team Con :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

it just gives the CONs an opportunity to say the public is making death threats. which is a mostly fake dog whistle they use to say "those unwashed masses dont deserve transparency in their court system." <--This excuse is typically used to keep information of their wrongdoing out of the public, which only hurts Britney.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rocXtar said:

honestly the privilege of thinking about a ****** GIF right now

completely disagree with this sentiment.  It is courageous to revisit entrenched cultural norms after a tragic event, and realize how we might be contributing to the problem--the normalization of gun violence in the US. Clearly the gun gifs mean a lot to people in the community, and it would make a lot of people uncomfortable to change these...but c'mon if we aren't willing to give up a gun emote in order to show solidarity and basic human empathy for the families of slaughtered children, then this country is too far gone. DNR- Do Not Resuscitate

The rest of your argument is non sequitur fear mongering. None of us can do anything to change Russia or the Ukraine...but we can change Breathe Heavy.

• Super Mods

I voted yes, remove them, but I also wouldn’t mind if the community voted to keep them. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I do think it’s a smart idea to check in with ourselves about the media we use to communicate our emotions or ideas here. Sometimes, things stick or are accepted here but as time goes on, I think it’s natural to realize certain emotes or ways of communicating don’t work anymore, or don’t support the values of the community we’ve worked hard to build. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

it just gives the CONs an opportunity to say the public is making death threats.

This is the only reason I vote to remove the gun emotes. Even a simple comment like “Loucifer will pay for her crimes :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:“ even if meant in jest and even though I wholeheartedly agree, the emote (although funny) can make it seem like a veiled threat of gun violence. As we know, teamcon revels and indulges in any opportunity at victimhood and they will gladly twist this type of exhale humor into a serious death threat against them. Should some psycho ever carry out any type of gun violence against teamcon, this type of comment will age really bad and frame exhale as a dark seedy Internet forum full of unhinged fanatics that endorse this type of behavior. 

• Like 1

So will the gifs of hitting be deleted because domestic violence is wrong?

And all the emotes with drinking and smoking because addiction is rampant in all countries. 

And the gif of the woman jumping off the building because suicide is sad.

And ALL the crying gifs because the people in those were in real pain and we’re  exploiting their pain for our amusement. 

This is all so dramatic! Exhale has been becoming so overly sensitive. Mass shootings are horrific but this is a pop forum. We all know those gifs were used in comedic ways. They don’t depict anyone shooting or killing any person or animal. Am I going to be censored or given warning points if I post a photo of a gun but itself? This is too much…:girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 1:52 AM, Jordan Miller said:

I appreciate hearing both sides of the argument. Right now, I have decided to remove the gun GIFs. I saved them so in the event there is a shift, I can add them back. However, I do lean more towards removing them based off the ongoing gun crisis in the US. 

I get that they are satirical and comical, however I feel a sense of responsibility to respond to the nature of events - in this case it's not promoting anything with guns or any likeness to it, even if it's fake or meant to make people laugh. 

Appreciate you all weighing in.

there’s been many cases of mass-shootings and gun related violence in the past several years yet you only decide to take a “stance” now & remove them? and as someone has already mentioned, you have failed to remove other emotes that depict acts of violence or just otherwise those that represent suffering.

20 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

as Jordan said, they can always come back if things shift. 

But things won't shift when it comes to gun violence in the US, so that was a rather redundant proposition to begin with. 

Y'know, I really don't like Katy Perry. I wonder, if I complain about her enough, will her emojis get removed too? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue: They make me very uncomfortable. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Just now, Stefani said:

But things won't shift when it comes to gun violence in the US, so that was a rather redundant proposition to begin with. 

Y'know, I really don't like Katy Perry. I wonder, if I complain about her enough, will her emojis get removed too? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Hmm true - unfortunately America won’t change. I get the first amendment but why are machine guns necessary? Just have a handgun. As long as the Wendy Williams gifs stay :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

This video explains a lot, a psychologist whos a baby boomer herself said it best. 

Kids today are inheriting a world that's scary. 

Being born in 84, I'm pre 9/11n it happened when i was 17, my world and my culture didnt change, but people who was gonna be the future adults did change.

They saw war, school shootings, attacks on religious beliefs and skin color. 

They're choosing not to have kids that way they don't inherit a state of the world like they did .

And she said it best, the mental health of gen z and others are extremely different cos their living in fear and not just by the media but every day they have to go to school thinking mentally it could be their last, and with a shooting every 3 month's it's more intensity and add climate thing that older generations deny. 

You're hurting the youth, they want ti be heard, you can't do what past generations did and tell them you're a minor..

You are meant to be seen not heard. 

Might have worked for a long time, but that's no longer allowed in the world where culture is internet everywhere..

So don't ignore them, talk to them and listen to them.

Shutting them out is doing damage..

It shows because they cant vote until their 18, their not being heard or taken seriously and that's causing this huge divide among generations.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block