We should accept the fact that Britney's career might be over

On 4/28/2022 at 4:31 PM, Electric said:

The biggest problem I have with her "hiatus" is that her body is getting older physically and her performing abilities will definitely decrease big time when she hits 50.

However, it's entirely her right and her choice to be focused on motherhood, but for me as a fan it's quite frustrating that she'll waste her 40s on that... because 40s is still young and she could do SO much career wise and fix so many things that have been damaged by Team Con, especially now that she's in control of everything.

Wow. The misogyny jumped out :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Love 3
On 4/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, Electric said:

The biggest problem I have with her "hiatus" is that her body is getting older physically and her performing abilities will definitely decrease big time when she hits 50.

However, it's entirely her right and her choice to be focused on motherhood, but for me as a fan it's quite frustrating that she'll waste her 40s on that... because 40s is still young and she could do SO much career wise and fix so many things that have been damaged by Team Con, especially now that she's in control of everything.

"...waste her 40s on that...." You've got to be kidding me, right? Do you know how ignorant that sounds? Do you feel like your mother wasted her time having/raising you?? Why would it be frustrating for you that she wants to have another baby? Your life won't stop because Britney is pregnant. How dare you say something like that.....

• Love 4

Totally thought Britney would still be there with Jlo Pink Madonna Mariah still thriving in their careers... I'll forever be sad that she's over it and that her father ruined her love and passion for her career. But ultimately I am happy she is doing whatever she wants now. She deserves to live the most normal life as much as she can if that's what she wants. We have alot to enjoy whenever we miss the singer and the performer. It was a great run! 

• Love 1

It’s sad to me that people on here are still considering having a baby, and raising kids with her husband to be “wasting her 40’s”. 

Shut the **** up, and get a life already. This woman was never a singer. It’s never been about that. Britney was an experience. She WAS pop culture in the 2000s. She’s more than given her share to the industry and to every person on this damn blog and around the globe, and it’s enough already. There’s no secrets or hints in her posts. She’s told you flat out she’s done, short of actually spelling it out. 

I actually Love this post, and KUDOS to the author. It’s absolutely appropriate to love her, follow her, and accept what she wants to do with her life moving forward. And I couldn’t agree more with the on point comparison to artists like today. The Lady Gaga’s and Katy Perry’s can have a low performing album (or in Katy’s case 2 or 3 😂), but still find a way to re-invent themselves. Britney won’t be that star, and that’s ok. She was never the star singer. It was never about picking up a guitar and writing a song, so why are we still trying to convince ourselves of that?

Britney’s catalogue, trends, fashion and performances are ICONIC. There’s nothing wrong with leaving it at that and moving on. 

5 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

"...waste her 40s on that...." You've got to be kidding me, right? Do you know how ignorant that sounds? Do you feel like your mother wasted her time having/raising you?? Why would it be frustrating for you that she wants to have another baby? Your life won't stop because Britney is pregnant. How dare you say something like that.....

EXACTLY. 

That comment about her 40’s set me OFF, lol

14 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

They literally view Britney as a performing monkey, just like her family do...

Her 40's are "wasted" unless she is performing on stage for all of us to "Yaaaas" over :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Love 2
On 4/28/2022 at 10:31 AM, Electric said:

What a horrible take. 

its her life to waste. In ny opinion, her life was already wasted performing for the horde of fans that keep demanding ****. All I want from Britney is to be happy and to know periodically, that she is doing well. If she wants to retire, I support that a 💯 

15 minutes ago, limecakes said:

its her life to waste. In ny opinion, her life was already wasted performing for the horde of fans that keep demanding ****. 

This, 100%. Seeing her being a mom and finally living her life in her own terms as a "waste" is such a selfish and entitled take, it only shows people see her as a product to be consumed, not a person with a life worth living.

• Love 1

If you were a true fan you d would know the power her name Alone holds. People are even today reacting to her on YouTube for the first time and LOVE the music she releases .

Her name is out there more . To say she can’t sing ? Literally how dare you . The past decade the choices were made for her . You have no idea what this woman is capable of . Just because she isn’t a 21 year old pop star does not mean her career is over. It will never be over u less she decides it to be which I would support .

Her life has been nothing but career I support her just living…… life now . She owes us nothing .

• Love 1

You are vile 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, torontofan said:

I agree. I think she has tried to tell us over and over she’s done but we aren’t ready to hear it lol. But by her having a baby that seems like a clear sign. She will want to stay home and be a mom and make up for time that was taken from her when she had her sons. 

selfishly, I wish she would just do ONE last album and performance. I don’t even expect her to tour, just maybe like a festival like coachella and do a documentary about taking her life back and ending her career the way she wants too vs. Being controlled. That’s my ideal situation but I doubt that will happen now 

I don't think there would be any other opportune time for her to be a mother again than now. She managed to get rid of guardianship and have 100% control of her body and has been dating Sam for almost 6 years (if they are not already married in the meantime), so after what happened with Kevin she will know better than anyone that Sam is the one and she is already 40 years old, so if she didn't go back to being a mother now, when would it be? The biological clock is ticking.

But, on the other hand, to continue her career, she still only has 40 years and a lot more to give, people are very dramatic for the age that she already has (but they forget that she started in the world of showbiz very young) , because of the dancing and energy-intensive performances on stage, but look at Madonna at 60! She must now enjoy her personal life that was taken away from her 13 years ago and enjoy the pregnancy and motherhood that she did not have the opportunity to enjoy 16/17 years ago and after that I think she will want to return to the world of music and of the show.

Of course, the rhythm of her eras will slow down (I mean, it has slowed down since 2016) but I believe that if she focuses on dance and singing classes, she can shine like in other times. Remember that in 2016 she was doing very well, even a performance at the VMAs she did and the performance of the BMA 2016 is one of the best of the last 13 years, but as her personal life was not well, things got in the way, unfortunately.

She must now focus on her marriage, pregnancy and motherhood and release her long-awaited autobiography and the rest will flow from there.

Chlli at 50

Whats that you say about performing abilities at 50 sis?

you guys are so dramatic :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: we have no idea if she's ever coming back but come on, she's an artist, she'll release something eventually plus there's a whole book coming soon???? also, i see a worrying amount of 'fans' (if we can even call them fans) that expect britney to do what THEY want instead of what SHE wants, saying that having a baby is 'wasting her 40s' like what? i guess everybody wants to act as her conservator now huh? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block