This Britney Japan Photoshoot is UNDERRATED !

We had this topic a few months ago and I will repeat myself. The bathing suit and the school bag which are used commonly used by ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GIRLS is a  NO GO!! I could care less for Murakami and his "Uwu I'm totally against the seksualisation of children in anime/manga therefore my art contains the SAME ****". The same argument used by the scumbags who made Cuties.  "Looks guys, it's wrong for young girls to twerk and act hypereksual therefore we should use REAL children to show how bad it is!!" :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Her outfits are trash, she looks SAD, the lighthing is ****. 

Some people have very closed minds or are very inexperienced to understand the depth and asthetic concept of this shoot.

First at all the cover of Pop Magazine was a collaboration with one of the biggest Pop Art artist Takashi Murakami. if you don't know him he's like the Andy Warhol of asia.

The concept of the shoot was turn Britney into a 90's manga character, The "Yami kawaii" and "Harajuku" style are very cute concepts at first impression but they are very deep and dark, they question the over-***ualization of the teenagers and the role of women in society that everyone wants to see as "the perfect bride" The girls began to use this style in Japan as a way of protesting society and their standards, formerly society called them "suicide girls" since the whole society criticized them but they exposed themselves even more without fear of being judged. this style also romanticizes suicide and mental illness.

I think Britney was perfect of the shoot and this was in 2010, right now this concept/aesthetic it's so trending in Generation-Z.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 9

I think some people don't understand because I just said it simply, but the cartoon I attached is PO*N. It's not just a Lolita cartoon, it's ****ography in which an adult ***ually assaults a child.

I respect Japanese culture and see some of it, but the problem is that the original work is a crime that should be eliminated worldwide, not limited to Japan or the United States. If you don't really understand, please look for the cartoon. I only saw some captures, but it was ****ing gross.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GodneyLovin said:

I feel like her face says she uncomfortable in every shot. I want to love it cause it's different but she just doesn't look into it.

Yeah she looks so sad it’s an odd shoot for an odd period 2010 really was so mysterious we know very little before FF happened and what caused a lot of stuff during that era I hope we find out if she chooses to share of course 

14 hours ago, Seel said:

This concept was from a pedophiliac manga. It was so disgusting. :gunriah_mariah_carey:

spacer.png

That's not true.

Britney is just using the Sukumizu (The official Japanese school swimsuit) It has been used in so many manga, anime and very famous in cosplay girls.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Britney is "The lolita of the Pop" so it was like the Japanese version of this:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

I remember reading stories about this collaboration back then, being super excited about it because we're not used to such type of photoshoots from her, and then all of a sudden being incredibly underwhelmed with the result, which is very unusual for her because she always slays as a model. Here she looks sad, not present, even annoyed. I hate it. I cannot unsee it. Also, I know it's a cultural thing but that doesn't make it right: what's with s e x ualizing children AND infantilizing women? Asia, stop it. It may "look" cute, but it's not.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Seel said:

I think some people don't understand because I just said it simply, but the cartoon I attached is PO*N. It's not just a Lolita cartoon, it's ****ography in which an adult ***ually assaults a child.

I respect Japanese culture and see some of it, but the problem is that the original work is a crime that should be eliminated worldwide, not limited to Japan or the United States. If you don't really understand, please look for the cartoon. I only saw some captures, but it was ****ing gross.

The concept was never that manga.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block