Demi Lovato debuts a massive spider tattoo on their head

Slayer

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

If you would use their preferred pronouns to their face, why not do it online?

I would think that being a part of the LGBTQ community would give you the ability to empathize with someone being different from you. You may not understand where they are coming from, but it should be basic human decency to respect another person’s wishes about how they want to be identified. It’s no different than using a nickname over a full name. I would also think you would be able to relate to how difficult it can feel to have to identify/have others identify you as something other than how you really feel you are (i.e. identifying as straight publicly, when you’re gay and in the closet).

I’m not going to ask you to change your views, but if someone is going to willingly not use Demi’s correct pronouns, they will receive warning points here. If someone makes a mistake, fine, but after that, warning points. It’s disrespectful, and it makes Exhale unwelcoming and hostile to those who are non-binary/transgender/queer.

Anyways, I don’t want to detail this thread, so this is all I will say.

as a trans woman, I've cut SO many people out of my life for using my pronouns to my face, then I find out they call me "him" or even "it"... its really disgusting.

• Love 4

I used to stan demi, but I am tired. I’m really, really tired. I can’t even enjoy “cool for the summer” anymore because I can’t stop thinking about this bishhh singing to aliens and ghosts to calm them of their past trauma in their galaxy. I just can’t do it anymore demi. Thots and prayers.

Tired Cat GIF

I still haven’t forgotten that Selena finsta they allegedly had….

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, ByDemand said:

I did. Let me simplify it.

Imagine I was your close friend :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: (since you questioned this last time: this is an example, I understand that we are strangers on the internet)

One day I told you "I love the color blue!", and you said, "me too!" :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Unfortunately, secretly you actually hated the color blue :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Then, I see online that you're attacking strangers who wear blue :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow:

Suddenly, I realize you lied to me and only pretended to like it because we are friends :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

That makes me feel blue :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

I get what you're saying– you don't feel like you owe Demi anything as you don't know them IRL. I'm not contesting that. I'm just saying that if I was your friend I'd hate to find out that you put your beliefs aside to "respect" me, but acted different behind my back. That's hollow and fake. 

The only problem is I'm not telling you I like blue and I already pointed out that I find using "they/them" pronouns as silly. It's not something I'm hiding. But I'll still respect said requests of a person in my circle or who directly tells me that's what they prefer. I respect people's religious beliefs, but I'm not going to hide that overall I find aspects of religion as silly.

People are sick of the overplayed and often non genuine demand for wokeness and PC culture. It only gets more annoying and makes someone take it even less seriously when it's demanded you use the correct pronouns of a celebrity stranger because it's deemed disrespectful, and yet disrespectful attitudes are expressed here about different artists all the time. That's hypocritical.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wecouldbelovers said:

The fact here is that You,”***yLove”, are a ******* inconsiderate and piece  of crap person. You have a lot to learn babe

The lgbt community doesn’t need ppl like u 

Thankfully, you're not the arbiter of who should make up the LGBT community. And see my 2nd post in this thread for my further response.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Heyah said:

they are based on the s** of the person

No, they are not. They are based on perception and what you see (i.e., how other people present themselves). Do you go around looking at people's genitals before deciding which pronouns to use? MTF and FTM trans people exist too:

Spoiler

th?id=OIP.XbaUYtHO_qPhQptNBi9kYQHaEn%26pid=Api&f=1

Would you look at her and address her using male pronouns because her biological s-x is male? No, you wouldn't because she presents as and is female. I know the distinction between s-x and gender can be a bit of brain teaser for some of y'all, but it's really not that difficult to understand if you stop being stubborn and purposely obtuse. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch: When it comes to people like Demi who choose not to present themselves as male or female exclusively, it's different, but the least you can do is refer to someone using their preferred pronouns if they have asked you respectfully. See how I just used 'they' in the singular? It's not like the singular 'they' has existed in the English language for centuries or anything. Crazy concept - I know. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: Now, I'm not a fan of Demi's antics either and think making up new pronouns (xe, ze, etc.) is too much, but if your command of English is decent, 'he/she/they' should pose no problem. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block