Demi Lovato debuts a massive spider tattoo on their head

Slayer

12 hours ago, ***yLove said:

I'm as gay and liberal as they come, but even I think the whole change of pronouns is silly. Unless I was addressing Demi to her face, or was in her close personal circle, I'd perfectly be fine using "they/them" to be respectful of her wishes. However, while on the internet, and a complete stranger to her, I'll continue to refer to her as she/her.

With that said, I've always appreciated her music, and do feel that this is just another sign that she needs severe mental help. It's sad. She could be a major pop star but she's reduced her legacy to silly woke tropes, and news stories about how offensive certain food labels can be.

This!! 

• Like 1

Too bad people are joking and laughing at her.

She clearly has some serious problems and all people seem to do is laugh? I don't find it funny one bit and I never cared for Demi (I mean in the way that I am not a fan and never listened to her music much).

Wasn't it confirmed her last overdosis cause brain damage? You all laughing with that need some help.

I find it hard and extremely difficult to see a young woman that was once on her way te become one of the A list popstars go downhill like this.

It especially breaks my heart as we all are witnessing her getting worse and some of us still laugh at her.

It kinda reminds me of 2007 Britney.............

Ps: yes I don't use the "they" term. I personally don't believe there's anything else between a man and a woman and that's completely my opinion. I don't push my opinion to others so I expect others to not push theirs to me in that way allowing me to write how I was taught to (using him, her, ...) and not they or them when it's not plural.

18 minutes ago, Hillary Banks said:

Unless somebody has multiple personalities referring to them as  "them" is dumb sorry. Definition of them is refering to two or more people. One person is one person.

The use of 'they' in the singular has been a thing for like 7 centuries. We use 'they' in the singular when we don't know the gender of who we're referring to or if we're talking about something in general. Examples from Wikipedia:

• "Somebody left their umbrella in the office. Could you please let them know where they can get it?" (unknown gender)
  • "The patient should be told at the outset how much they will be required to pay." (in general)
  • "But a journalist should not be forced to reveal their sources." (in general)

If you think about it, someone being non-binary is similar. And even if you don't think it's similar, saying that 'they' can only be used in the plural is objectively wrong. Moreover, different grammarians abide by different grammar rules, and grammar changes all the time. It's called the evolution of language, so your excuses hold no weight. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Also, transphobes will say, "Oh my God, they're doing irreversible surgeries on 7-year-olds," even though that almost never happens, without realizing that non-binary genders can actually be a great stepping stone for teenagers and young adults who think they might be trans. It allows people to experiment with their identity before committing to something like hormones and/or reassignment surgery. By being dismissive towards non-binary people, you might be actively pushing people to transition before they're actually ready because they're being told that being somewhere in the middle is inadequate and not enough.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Style. said:

The same people keep repeating themselves over and over again regarding Demi’s pronouns, aren’t you tired of trying to get a like on a forum? Jesus, y’all be so desperately trying to be something by mocking Demi’s mental health. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 
Giving me clown energy, when we all fall asleep where do these clowns go? :emma:

:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I knew I liked u omg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The use of 'they' in the singular has been a thing for like 7 centuries. We use 'they' in the singular when we don't know the gender of who we're referring to or if we're talking about something in general. Examples from Wikipedia:

• "Somebody left their umbrella in the office. Could you please let them know where they can get it?" (unknown gender)
  • "The patient should be told at the outset how much they will be required to pay." (in general)
  • "But a journalist should not be forced to reveal their sources." (in general)

If you think about it, someone being non-binary is similar. And even if you don't think it's similar, saying that 'they' can only be used in the plural is objectively wrong. Moreover, different grammarians abide by different grammar rules, and grammar changes all the time. It's called the evolution of language, so your excuses hold no weight. :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

💚

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ***yLove said:

The only problem is I'm not telling you I like blue and I already pointed out that I find using "they/them" pronouns as silly. It's not something I'm hiding. But I'll still respect said requests of a person in my circle or who directly tells me that's what they prefer. I respect people's religious beliefs, but I'm not going to hide that overall I find aspects of religion as silly.

People are sick of the overplayed and often non genuine demand for wokeness and PC culture. It only gets more annoying and makes someone take it even less seriously when it's demanded you use the correct pronouns of a celebrity stranger because it's deemed disrespectful, and yet disrespectful attitudes are expressed here about different artists all the time. That's hypocritical.

To the first half — I understand now that you’ve explained further. I think what you’re describing is “tolerating” more than “respecting”, but I get your point. 

To the second half— I’m just politely ending the back and forth here.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Heyah said:

I know it’s hard to not reply to my every comment but just try

This is a forum ,sweetie. People reply to other people. That's what forums are for. Discussion.:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

ps: this thread is cancerous. Yall need to stop diagnosing this girl with every move she makes. It's a tattoo? People get them all the time and hers is easily covered by her hair.

Worry about your own lives cause I know you twinks have your own daddy issues and trauma that needs to be worked through. That's why yall are so damn hateful and angry lmao

17 hours ago, ***yLove said:

I'm as gay and liberal as they come, but even I think the whole change of pronouns is silly. Unless I was addressing Demi to her face, or was in her close personal circle, I'd perfectly be fine using "they/them" to be respectful of her wishes. However, while on the internet, and a complete stranger to her, I'll continue to refer to her as she/her.

With that said, I've always appreciated her music, and do feel that this is just another sign that she needs severe mental help. It's sad. She could be a major pop star but she's reduced her legacy to silly woke tropes, and news stories about how offensive certain food labels can be.

Which is why your viewpoint is so bizarre. You don't find it ironic how you're minimizing their identity when being gay  is (and still is in many parts of the world) considered a psychological disorders and people tie them to pedophiles? There should be some unity and understanding. All you're doing is exactly what straight people have been doing to gay people for the past 100 plus years. I don't get how people can hold these two conflicting thoughts in their heads and be like "Yup, makes total sense to me!" 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Martian_M00d said:

Which is why your viewpoint is so bizarre. You don't find it ironic how you're minimizing their identity when being gay  is (and still is in many parts of the world) considered a psychological disorders and people tie them to pedophiles? There should be some unity and understanding. All you're doing is exactly what straight people have been doing to gay people for the past 100 plus years. I don't get how people can hold these two conflicting thoughts in their heads and be like "Yup, makes total sense to me!" 

There is unity and understanding, which is why I would use whatever pronoun a non-binary person in my close circle or someone I interact with requests of me. Do I feel the need to show the same amount of respect towards a complete stranger who I have never interacted with before? No. I also don't care to call Kanye West... "Ye". In my mind Demi is a woman. If she transitioned to a man, I'd be happy to use him/he regardless if I knew them or not. But this middle ground of "neither suits me so I demand to be called them or ze!!!!" is silly to me.

Trying to create 20, 50, or 100 different genders and new pronouns is unnecessary. I feel it only creates animosity towards the LGBT community as a whole.

Cancel culture, extra wokeness, and ultra PC culture have gone too far and needs to be knocked down a major peg.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block