Demi Lovato debuts a massive spider tattoo on their head

Slayer

21 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

If you would use their preferred pronouns to their face, why not do it online?

I would think that being a part of the LGBTQ community would give you the ability to empathize with someone being different from you. You may not understand where they are coming from, but it should be basic human decency to respect another person’s wishes about how they want to be identified. It’s no different than using a nickname over a full name. I would also think you would be able to relate to how difficult it can feel to have to identify/have others identify you as something other than how you really feel you are (i.e. identifying as straight publicly, when you’re gay and in the closet).

I’m not going to ask you to change your views, but if someone is going to willingly not use Demi’s correct pronouns, they will receive warning points here. If someone makes a mistake, fine, but after that, warning points. It’s disrespectful, and it makes Exhale unwelcoming and hostile to those who are non-binary/transgender/queer.

Anyways, I don’t want to detail this thread, so this is all I will say.

Because like I said, we're on the internet and strangers. Also, people make negative/disrespectful comments on the internet about artists on these forums and like it all the time. Do we not have the right to express our negative/disrespectful opinions about artists here? Don't get me started on an artist I actually dislike. I like Demi.

As I pointed out, if I was talking to Demi face to face or talking with a forum poster on here who identified with "they/them" pronouns, I'm happy to respect their wishes. But if it's an article about Demi on the internet, I don't have to be respectful of her wishes. Just like I'm not going to call Kanye West (one of those artists who I severely dislike), Yeezy/Ye or whatever ridiculous name they have this week. Is it disrespectful if I still call him Kanye West? I'll let you decide, lol.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
55 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

I'm as gay and liberal as they come, but even I think the whole change of pronouns is silly. Unless I was addressing Demi to her face, or was in her close personal circle, I'd perfectly be fine using "they/them" to be respectful of her wishes. However, while on the internet, and a complete stranger to her, I'll continue to refer to her as she/her.

With that said, I've always appreciated her music, and do feel that this is just another sign that she needs severe mental help. It's sad. She could be a major pop star but she's reduced her legacy to silly woke tropes, and news stories about how offensive certain food labels can be.

Ok then I’m referring to u as straight and conservative 

that’s just my belief

but in person I’ll call u what u actually are 

:miley_cyrus_disco_ball_stare:

• Love 3
  • Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block