Did Britney buy Bored Ape #7202 for 70 ETH ($261,048.20)?

23 minutes ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

Send me that BAYC please queen lol.  I would live for this if true because NFTs are amazing, i've made so much money from them, and I truly want this to be true 🤣

really!i've heard a lot of people say this and I want in too, but i'm scared to spending money on one, and I won't be able to ake it flip. I mean they cost several hundred and im scared i'll lose my money. I'm just now getting into crypto too and im waiting to make money on that first before buying an NFT

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, queenofhearts said:

really!i've heard a lot of people say this and I want in too, but i'm scared to spending money on one, and I won't be able to ake it flip. I mean they cost several hundred and im scared i'll lose my money. I'm just now getting into crypto too and im waiting to make money on that first before buying an NFT

Honestly, learn all you can about crypto first and then NFT will be your next natural progression.   That's what I did but i was in earlier with NFTs and I wasted so much money because of FOMO on crap projects haha. Thankfully I learned my lesson and invested in great communities and it's paid off.  Not anywhere near APE numbers but still was alot to me 🤣.   Just learn all you can buddy...and join discords from projects that might look interesting to you!  If you are into discords I would suggest Magic Mushroom Clubhouse.  Great community unlike any other, seriously.   Great place to learn about NFTs too <3 :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, queenofhearts said:

Not trying to start an argument in here but I see people defending nft so I feel like you should get to hear both sides of the conversation before going into it.

Buying/selling nft is like buying a star, or a piece of love, it means nothing because what you're buying is not the "thing", you're basically paying to have some database stating you own "boredmonkeywhatever" but the image of "boredmonkeywhatever" can be used by anyone and you can't do anything about it. In short, you're buying (or selling) an idea. That's why I said before it's a scam, because it's a bubble that only works if then you sell that "idea of a thing", not even a thing, to someone else. And that's how scams work. Lots of people will en up with nft they can't sell and they'll lose a lot of money.

Imagine someone tells you "hey, I'll sell you this piece of paper that says the Mona Lisa is yours, but nobody will know your name is in this piece of paper, you can't take it away from the Louvre, ans anyone can still reproduce it wherever and whenever they want". That's essentially NFT.

Also, some people say it's good for artists but the truth is artist who show their work in platforms like Deviantart and such are getting lots and lots of alerts because their art is being stolen to be sold as NFT.

Have you ever heard the name of the artist who did those monkeys? I bet not. That's how good it is for artists.

Other than that, if you care about the environment, the whole mechanism of cryptocurrency consumes more energy than whole countries and it's absolutely terrible for the planet.

But hey, some people have made money with it!

• Love 4
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Not trying to start an argument in here but I see people defending nft so I feel like you should get to hear both sides of the conversation before going into it.

Buying/selling nft is like buying a star, or a piece of love, it means nothing because what you're buying is not the "thing", you're basically paying to have some database stating you own "boredmonkeywhatever" but the image of "boredmonkeywhatever" can be used by anyone and you can't do anything about it. In short, you're buying (or selling) an idea. That's why I said before it's a scam, because it's a bubble that only works if then you sell that "idea of a thing", not even a thing, to someone else. And that's how scams work. Lots of people will en up with nft they can't sell and they'll lose a lot of money.

Imagine someone tells you "hey, I'll sell you this piece of paper that says the Mona Lisa is yours, but nobody will know your name is in this piece of paper, you can't take it away from the Louvre, ans anyone can still reproduce it wherever and whenever they want". That's essentially NFT.

Also, some people say it's good for artists but the truth is artist who show their work in platforms like Deviantart and such are getting lots and lots of alerts because their art is being stolen to be sold as NFT.

Have you ever heard the name of the artist who did those monkeys? I bet not. That's how good it is for artists.

Other than that, if you care about the environment, the whole mechanism of cryptocurrency consumes more energy than whole countries and it's absolutely terrible for the planet.

But hey, some people have made money with it!

I don't disagree with many of your statements.  However, buying an NFT is no different than someone buying a piece of art or jewlery.  Yes, there is a tangible piece however with the metaverse and people living online basically it's just a way to show off the exact same way tbh.  No different...just digital.  That's why blockchain is so important in proving rights because many sites/businesses/ect are going to have a way to verify you own it. But I do think you saying it's scam can be true for 80% that's why you need to do your own research and when you invest in an nft you invest in the community behind it.  That's where the value comes from.  I've literally watched people lose so much money by buying into fomo only to have the rug pulled from under them, myself included. Though most people are going to start or already have used it for illegal purposes (I mean someone purchased a Punk for like oer $100 mill 🤨).  I guess like with anything and everything there is a way it's meant to be used and a way for people to f' it up and take advantage of people 😩😩

-- As for the name of the artists and ect. most don't want their names doxxed at all.  Crypto is literally meant for people to be "anonymous."   LIterally only a small percentage have a face and name and most of them are not blue chip projects like Punks or these BAYC.  Good point to bring up though.

I've did my fair share of fomo and getting screwed but also made money never thought possible with them so I've seen it all.  But I would NEVER suggest anyone get into it unless they really research.  Same with crypto.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RulesRules said:

Delete this.

Seriously.

I don't wanna see Britney buying into rich people's scam of lazy of artificially valued lazy artwork or STOLEN artwork.

Stop trying to make fetch happen

ngl you sound like an idiot

edit- wow clearly he's not the only ignorant fool here. i just sold one of my nft's yesterday for $9k x_x stay poor y'all~

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Tingle2mingle86 said:

However, buying an NFT is no different than someone buying a piece of art or jewlery.  Yes, there is a tangible piece however with the metaverse and people living online basically it's just a way to show off the exact same way tbh.  No different...just digital. 

You see, but when you buy a piece of art, you don't just buy the deed, you but the "thing", you own and only you can make use of that piece of art/jewelery and if someone steals that thing from you, you can legally reclaim it. When you buy an nft, you only buy having your name in a piece of paper but everyone can still duplicate that digital image you "own" and you can't reclaim it at all, so... what's that ownership worth? NFT only work because people buy them in order to sell them to someone less smart than them who thinks that 'ownership' is worth something.

Also, very fitting you compare it to the art market because that is actually one of the biggest money laundering schemes ever.

I want to make clear I'm not judging you (or Britney for that matter, if it's indeed her who bought those nfts), I actually understand why people want to get into this, it sounds very appealing as an idea and many important people are getting into it, there's a powerful machine right now pushing for this.

But I do think you saying it's scam can be true for 80%

Call me a coward but 80% is more than enough for me to not want to risk it lol

Though most people are going to start or already have used it for illegal purposes

MOST people? Damn, I'm half sure you're actually helping my case...

As for the name of the artists and ect. most don't want their names doxxed at all.

You see, this is actually a great way (and excuse?) to keep staling art from artist who post their work online in verified art platforms, and to keep cheating buyers into believing they're actually helping that artist, which is something that is actually happening, and that's why I don't trust this one bit.

I also find quite suspicious that lots of nft I see around have no artistic value, it's always a series of very simple drawings with minor changes to distinguish them (i.e., the monkeys), but I guess that's going into the territory of the eternal question 'what is art?' and that's a convo for another time hahahs.

Again, I'm not judging or trying to fight, just sharing why I think it isn't a good idea.

P.S.: sorry for the long *** post, I'll stop now.

Edited by Tar_isa
P.S.
  • Like 4

NFT are very young still and there is so much change that can happen. I know how it works and I know many making crazy money. I still think most of the art is absurdly ****ty, buut this is like Starbucks. They are not really selling coffee and NFTs arw not really selling art. For me it remains a bubble pushed by powerful people that still lives in the let's wait and see realm. 

Anyways, fun thread to read. Such a welcome chnage to read something other than an endless fight about Sam or his dee size or stuff like that, ha ha. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block