JAY-Z: "Michael Jackson never had a Coachella, she's an evolution of him"

Jordan Miller

A lot of Beyoncé hype hasn't been certified(allegedly orchestrated and paid for) but I am not sure why anyone would want to compare themselves to an "alleged" child ********. I think if she was the next MJ the world would know it but this might be the first couple of years where people aren't really paying any attention to either of them. Beyoncé should want her own lane.

• Love 1

It's already all over news here in the UK ( online at least) and the reactions are positive so far. People saying they are from different eras of music so comparing them two is wrong but both of their powers are undeniable. 

True I guess. If it was any other artist, they would have been dragged through the mud by now. 

• Super Mods

Im not suprised tbh

However im just SO sick of her and how EVERYONE OVERRATES HER!
She is talented but is she NOT the best singer in the world!

I feel like she's more popular cause of all the hype of BLM and cause she's black.

If she was white or any other race, I dont think she would be this hyped

(oh and btw im a person of COLOR, so im not being racist)

• Like 5
7 hours ago, thebritmaster said:

I wouldn’t want to be compared to Michael Jackson of all people :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:  What’s next, Jay will call Bey the next Zodiac killer? :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

You have to realize in the Black Community .  We do not believe in any of the lies about the guy. Hell, we turned on Oprah , because of what she did. I work at a Black R'n'B station, and it never ends , the phone calls , we receive from people wanting to go on the air , about how much they hate the woman , for what she did. She is an out and out disgrace to our community.

• Love 1

I don't think Beyonce is on the same level as Michael Jackson in terms of songwriting, and memorable hits, but I think Jay has A point. I think Coachella will be remembered as a great performance by Beyonce. In my opinion Michael Jackson doesn't have a Coachella as far as a performance goes, but its kind of meaningless, its more about the opportunity Bey had, than her herself. Its probably her best work though. I also don't see a female artist, or any other artist for that matter in pop coming that close to Michael Jackson's level of talent or hard work except Bey. But Beyonce will never have anything is iconic as Thriller, Billie Jean, Black or White, PYT, Remember the Time, Dangerous, Off the Wall...

I see why Beyonce wouldn't want him to say that...people comparing her to MJ is just opening herself up to unwarranted and unwanted criticism.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, jordeezy said:

If u were so comfortable with the impact you have made, you wouldn't have to go around clarifying exactly what you think you did. 

Period.

I mean, nobody can deny she is a great performer, great vocalist, but comparing her to one of the best ever is far from realistic. He created many things. She doesn't write songs (just steals them), steals ideas from artists and it's just pathetic to always compare her to someone else. Reeks of desperation and delusion

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

Period.

I mean, nobody can deny she is a great performer, great vocalist, but comparing her to one of the best ever is far from realistic. He created many things. She doesn't write songs (just steals them), steals ideas from artists and it's just pathetic to always compare her to someone else. Reeks of desperation and delusion

Well you can compare both artists. That's not the same as equating.

I think what Jay-Z fails to see is that the US is not the entire world. He's probably comparing both artists from the perspective of both being really big in the US, but worldwide, Michael Jackson was literally Jesus. Beyoncé hasn't reached that many people.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lemon said:

Well you can compare both artists. That's not the same as equating.

I think what Jay-Z fails to see is that the US is not the entire world. He's probably comparing both artists from the perspective of both being really big in the US, but worldwide, Michael Jackson was literally Jesus. Beyoncé hasn't reached that many people.

Totally right. I don't understand why people try to compare them, but drfinitely equating them is just lol. 

And yes, seriously, his reach is one you can't see often. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block