What happened between 1999 and 2000 in order for Energyney to Jump Out In 2000?

I'm bored, so I'm watching old videos.

1999ney slayed of course. This is from August of 1999

But Idk something happened, 'cos the energy got amped up to the roof in 2000.

This is from April 2000.

Just compare the BTMYH Dance breaks which use the same choreo, and the one from 2000 is still technically under the BOMT era.

So what caused the jump? I'm just in awe lol at just how much she grew.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

It’s not what people want to hear, but probably stimulants like adderall etc because there’s no way she could have been going the way she was consistently for like 5 years straight without a little help. 

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Knowing what we Know now, I would not be surprise if Britney herself confirm this :enigma_alien_blue:

49 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

It’s not what people want to hear, but probably stimulants like adderall etc because there’s no way she could have been going the way she was consistently for like 5 years straight without a little help. 

This is revealed in Inside The Dream, although I can't remember exactly when does Steve Dennis say it started.

I also think she got more confident and also it looks like at the beginning she was marketed more as a singer and then they decided to go full in on the dancing, which gave her an edge over the other girls?

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Unfortunately I agree, I think she was using performance enhancing *****, slowed down using them during Onyx as she was noticeably slower (still amazing and right on point with the choreo) from Dream within a Dream tour… I think she stayed off these while married to Kevin and when she needed to become “Miss Britney Spears the s** icon” again she began using them more than ever which is where we see massive weight loss in Blackout era and deteriorating mental health from long term use. Sad, and I was a **** addict at that same time on uppers so watching her during that time was eerily similar to how me and my friends we’re acting at that time… my opinion of course. 

• Like 2

I think she gained confidence. No, stimulants look way different and although you can't always notice them, most of the time, you can, specially when there is a baseline which was already there from 98 and 99. You can see her on (badly administered) stimulants after her break up with Kevin, but imo, not in 1999, 2000. Of course, I might be wrong and it's different for everyone, but it does show. I think she was just practicing a lot and receiving good feedback. She got better and more confident, it's noticeable.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Playback? I dont know if this is the case for these particular videos but i noticed the first video she had some live adlibs here and there and her mic is off in the second one

u know ive always wondered how people keep asking themselves why she wont sing live anymore,

i mean just look at the HUGE difference between her first performances when she sang live bomt and then watch those when she started lipsynching lmao, its just a whole different level of performance dancing wise.

back in the day singers actually sang live with no pre recorded lead vocals or tricks and sounded like u actually would if u were to dance and sing live at the same, so they were really careful of not running out breath when dancing which was kind of boring to watch tbh

people think artists nowadays sing live when dancing lol no, everything is pre recorded but somehow only britney gets **** about it

i dont think britney wouldve made it as far as she did had she not started lipsynching her performances to dance harder, so next time u think of complaining about it remember her iconic performances wouldnt have been nearly as iconic if it wasnt for the lipsynching

watch early performances for proof

• Like 7

Probably a combo of confidence and Adderall. Adderall was given to a lot of young stars and likely still is. Not saying she was abusing it but she was likely still on it. That’s why even in the conservatorship when they wanted her to perform they’d give her more stimulants. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mar B. said:

I didn't know much about that book, is it worth buying? is it reliable?

I think it's worth it, there are some things I rolled my eyes at (it's a little too sympathetic to Jaimie for me at some point), but overall the writer is very empathetic to Britney and he goes waaay back, but of course most sources are annonymous (this was written in 2009).

It's not gospel, but it's quite informative I think, and it goes into some detail, talks a lot about her early life, and it's not just a recounting of events, he makes an effort to really understand what Britney might have gone through psychologically. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.