BTS Makes History As They Win Artist Of The Year At 2021 American Music Awards

Antidote

13 hours ago, Antidote said:
Is that racism or just ignorance?

Do you know that the American Music Awards are not limited to just American artists?

13 hours ago, IndoJabijin said:

The ignorance in this statement is mind blowing. The American Music Awards are there to highlight popular music that has trended in the US throughout the year. It's not limited to music made by American artists. The BETs were created to highlight and celebrate black entertainers/producers/directors/etc. -- of which it's also not limited to American black entertainers. 

Can't you stop raising the racism and ignornance cards for all and nothing? This is agressive and doesn't help people to understand.

IMO his question was legitimate. Actually, as a non Amercian I was wondering the same. I mean, for example, in France the "Victoires de la Musique" (Music Victories) are for French artists. I was thinking AMA were for American artists, and other ceremonies like Grammy's were more for international artists. I am not an expert of AMA's but I don't remember a lot of other foreigner artists winning with non-exclusive English lyrics, except for BTS. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DanjaMouse said:

I don’t know if it’s because I’m old or if they are just not big here in the UK, but I just don’t get it.

Are they really that big in the US, or is Payola at play?

Im from the UK too and I think we're just old.

I went to listen to their singles the other day and realised i have heard this everywhere. Not for me, sounds autotuned to death but catchy and theyre fun boys enjoy what they do as performers and its such a breathe of fresh air to celebrate music that isnt british or american - even if they had to sing in english to get as big 

8 hours ago, FrenchToast said:

Can't you stop raising the racism and ignornance cards for all and nothing? This is agressive and doesn't help people to understand.

But it is ignorant when a quick google search can show you that other non-American artists have been winning AMAs for years way before BTS. The BETs "joke" was also way out of line.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, IndoJabijin said:

But it is ignorant when a quick google search can show you that other non-American artists have been winning AMAs for years way before BTS. The BETs "joke" was also way out of line.

Sorry but I disagree, I think you misunderstood what he was trying to say. I don't see racism in his "joke", what was so offensive there?
Telling that BTS winning an AMA seems to him as illogical as if Britney won a BET is not racist, especially when he's saying that he didn't know AMA were not reserved to American artists. 

Would it have been less offensive to you if he wrote "Brit award"  instead of "BET"? 

Seriously, you Millenials are shocked by everything, and jump so fast to judge people, while you advocate tolerance and open-mindedness.
You shoud learn irony instead of lecturing people...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block