Jump to content

Britney reportedly does not support the new Netflix documentary 'Britney vs Spears'


Recommended Posts

I think it might be true. I'm pretty sure she would prefer to control the narrative and explain everything in her own terms. One day she will, hopefully, once the conservatorship ends. But chances are she will stay quiet even then because she will try to put those 14 years behind her. Part of me think she doesn't want us to know ALL the reasons why she was put under a Cship in the first place...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Bro96 said:

Probablemente quiera que lo haga ella, no terceros.

THIS!

Honesly, is quite exhausting the narrative of some fans of the type: "this will help more people to know about their situation". Everyone knows it, it is not necessary to continue spreading it as the word of Jesus. What matters now is that they release it and she continues to receive professional help for her health.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

THIS!

Honesly, is quite exhausting the narrative of some fans of the type: "this will help more people to know about their situation". Everyone knows it, it is not necessary to continue spreading it as the word of Jesus. What matters now is that they release it and she continues to receive professional help for her health.

How the tables have turned. :saywat-towelney: if you would have write this down a year ago you would have been dragged to hell, probably even by yourself

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DollyParton said:

Cómo han cambiado las tornas. : saywat-Towelney: si hubieras escrito esto hace un año, habrías sido arrastrado al infierno, probablemente incluso por ti mismo

Well, it's been a year or not, things have changed, although regarding Britney's public exposure, we have always known that she hates being analyzed and talked about her.

Link to comment

My opinion is that this "source" likely works with Team Con and thus of course they are going to claim to the press that Britney doesn't support the documentary. 

Of course I also can't wait for Britney to come out with her own documentary or book to explain her side of things, that doesn't seem possible at this time because of the restraints she's seemingly under... so in my opinion, I don't think more eyes on her situation is a bad thing. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, TheDukeDan said:

I think it might be true. I'm pretty sure she would prefer to control the narrative and explain everything in her own terms. One day she will, hopefully, once the conservatorship ends. But chances are she will stay quiet even then because she will try to put those 14 years behind her. Part of me think she doesn't want us to know ALL the reasons why she was put under a Cship in the first place...

Interesting idea, but we probably know more what went on than Britney does. I mean no disrespect, but I genuinely think, she doesn’t know half the things that’s been done to her behind the scenes (financially, etc). Of course she needs to tell HER STORY, because she’s the only one who truly knows what she went through. But just think how sheltered she’s been for the last 13 years. If it wasn’t for the investigations (conducted by fans, journalists and hopefully soon law enforcement) a lot of the **** that’s been done to her would be hidden forever. But I 100% see that she probably doesn’t want to know everything that’s happened, and of course she will be uncomfortable being talked about again! BUT in order to get to the end goal, all these things need to become public knowledge, so then perpetrators have nowhere to hide! Once Britney has her freedom, it should be her, who decides what she gets involved in, but until then, it needs to be done for her, by us, fans, documentaries and the like. 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I believe it. This is hard pill to swallow for many but fans seem to forget that Britney is human. No one likes to have their personal traumas or turmoils publicized on such a huge platform for the world to see, or in this case relived but I guess that’s the inescapable price that comes with being famous — and unfortunately, many of Britney’s own fans are guilty of fueling this fire. Even if Britney came out and said that she was embarrassed (which she has before) or does not support these kind of documentaries, you guys still wouldn’t believe it and would probably find a way to mock her. I’m sorry Britney. We’re all guilty.

This. 

I can't believe people here are surprised. Brit's a private person and she clearly does not want to be portrayed as a victim. She literally says this in her For the Record doc.
If I was her, I wouldn't want my trauma to be sensationalized in the media either. Yes , it's shined a lot of light on her abusive conservatorship but she clearly does not like the focus on the negativity outside of that.

  • Love 3
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Imagine Britney’s kids having to deal with this now? When it’s trending on Netflix, all of their peers will be talking about it. Not one person in these docs is someone in her present day life.  I can understand why she doesn’t want these documentaries being made. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Korb said:

This. 

I can't believe people here are surprised. Brit's a private person and she clearly does not want to be portrayed as a victim. She literally says this in her For the Record doc.
If I was her, I wouldn't want my trauma to be sensationalized in the media either. Yes , it's shined a lot of light on her abusive conservatorship but she clearly does not like the focus on the negativity outside of that.

Maaaan, I agree with that. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Seanril said:

This gets a little frustrating because we don’t know if it’s true or not, HOWEVER if it is true and it is her genuine feelings - It starts to get irritating because for someone who has been prisoner, abused, mistreated and had 13 years of their life stolen and has mentioned that no one knows the truth and she’s lied and said she’s ok when she’s not - why would you be upset to something that is supporting you and amplifying your voice x10000  that had not been heard for 13 years. 

I would want every person covering this and making my voice and plea heard around the world. She got this sliver of chance that she would never have gotten again if they had it their way to finally speak up and free herself and be heard. She was able to pull the curtain back and now at the same time you would be upset that it’s being spoken of?

Its just another big ? mark. 

What grinds my gears is how they are all making money off her. Netflix, team con, all of them off her life it must be just such a slap in the face to her, and I can’t wait until she is free and treated like a human again. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I wish she gave these things a chance. The last time she had a voice in a documentary was For the Record. And let’s be real.. half the time she was unkempt and drugged out of her face. Heavily edited. EVERYONE wants to hear straight from her, but until then at least there are people and corporations (despite their intentions) shining a light on what so many ignored and made fun of for YEARS 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Pretty much confirmed to be true that she doesn't support it - See the other thread on Sam's comment.

As she said herself, SHE wants to tell her OWN story.  She's tired of all these people (even if positive) talking on her behalf, giving certain narratives, portraying her as a weak victim. We all know she's a strong fighter, and she hasn't been able to control anything about her image or what people say about her since early in her career. 

Also it was obvious given that Netflix photoshopped an old photo instead of using a real photo of her for the poster.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/23/2021 at 5:40 AM, Seanril said:

This gets a little frustrating because we don’t know if it’s true or not, HOWEVER if it is true and it is her genuine feelings - It starts to get irritating because for someone who has been prisoner, abused, mistreated and had 13 years of their life stolen and has mentioned that no one knows the truth and she’s lied and said she’s ok when she’s not - why would you be upset to something that is supporting you and amplifying your voice x10000  that had not been heard for 13 years. 

I would want every person covering this and making my voice and plea heard around the world. She got this sliver of chance that she would never have gotten again if they had it their way to finally speak up and free herself and be heard. She was able to pull the curtain back and now at the same time you would be upset that it’s being spoken of?

Its just another big ? mark. 

The thing is, it's very easy for us who aren't survivors of the kind of trauma she's lived through to say "if it was me I would do this or that", but I've learned recently we can't look at survivors' reactions through our own lense... our experience of this issue es soooo different from hers we simply can never know how we would feel in that particular situation, it's impossible for us to imagine how it feels like, and every person would react in a different way and there's no right or wrong way of feeling about things after such trauma.

I think it's a mistake, although an understandable one, to expect "reasonable" (to us) actions from people who've survived that much. 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Z-dawg said:

Interesante idea, pero probablemente sepamos más de lo que pasó que Britney. No quiero faltarle el respeto, pero realmente creo que ella no sabe ni la mitad de las cosas que le han hecho detrás de escena (financieramente, etc.). Por supuesto que necesita contar SU HISTORIA, porque ella es la única que realmente sabe por lo que pasó. Pero piense en lo protegida que ha estado durante los últimos 13 años. Si no fuera por las investigaciones (realizadas por fanáticos, periodistas y, con suerte, pronto la policía), gran parte de la mierda que le han hecho estaría oculta para siempre. Pero veo al 100% que probablemente ella no quiera saber todo lo que ha sucedido y, por supuesto, ¡se sentirá incómoda de que hablen de ella de nuevo! PERO para llegar al objetivo final, todas estas cosas deben convertirse en conocimiento público, ¡entonces los perpetradores no tienen dónde esconderse! 

This is so humiliating for her. To say that she does not know how they have robbed her, it is obvious that she knows, she said it in his two statements in court this year.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

This is so humiliating for her. To say that she does not know how they have robbed her, it is obvious that she knows, she said it in his two statements in court this year.

I meant the depth and detail of it! Not the fact that she’s been abused financially etc. Of course she knows things aren’t right. But do you honestly think she’s aware of all the shell companies, offshore accounts, and the like that were created to steal from her! They wouldn’t let her have a phone, I’m sure she wasn’t told 95% of the “business dealings” and contracts. Like when Brandsense sued her. I very much doubt she knows exactly why and how! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block