Pop Girls That Changed Their Hair Color And... Sold Less Album Copies Because of That?

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Blackout didn't flop, 3 Million sold worldwide in 2007, that's not a flop, it did well for an album that had little to no promotion from the main artist herself .

Circus sold 4 Million worldwide even with all that promo..

Circus sold more than 8M WW in pure and now 4x plat in the US and Blackout 4M and now 2x plat in the US. But I get your point, as an main artist it didn't flop but to Brit standards it did but we know with Blackout it didn't had anything. 

well, you may not know her, but we have this Mexican singer Fey who was very popular in the 90's, a similar career to Britney's, with her first three albums very successful. She never had a light blonde in that decade, but the darker her hair got, the less she sold lol 

hqdefault.jpg

tumblr_py8nrfSrFA1r90m4vo1_400.jpg

she took a break after her third album in 1998, and when she came back in 2002, it just wasn't the same in terms of success. It was mostly because the record label didn't support the change in her music, but it coincided that her hair also got darker

f-003.jpg

she kinda kept the more brunette look the following years

D9rlTljXYAAlAgj.jpg

but in recent years she's sported a blonder look

fey-singer-b4798cd1-93ab-4abb-8777-08e00

DLBOwJDUMAEVHKA.jpg

f638x638-1048278_1106445_5742.jpg

fey-mini-bikini.jpg

• Love 2

It’s a bit unrealistic to believe any artist will sustain their initial album sales since the novelty will eventually wear off. Changing your image is the best way to stay relevant. Katy Perry and Christina is a great example where if you don’t reinvent your music, you will lose fans. Although comparatively it looks like Britney didn’t do as well … in terms of longevity, she’s stayed fairly relevant compared to … let’s say, Ashlee Simpson. It’s all about the long-term, not short term. Why do you think artists nowadays shoot off albums like hot cakes … because they are relying on their momentum and “buzz” to get by before people start noticing they lack the originality and variety to reinvent themselves and stick to a “cookie cutter” plan to keep the cash cow going until they become irrelevant as Iggy Azalea will be in a year or two.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Circus sold more than 8M WW in pure and now 4x plat in the US and Blackout 4M and now 2x plat in the US. But I get your point, as an main artist it didn't flop but to Brit standards it did but we know with Blackout it didn't had anything. 

I went to the RIAA database and according to RCA records she sold over 70 Million in the US, girl is 28 Million under certified. 

But Because she comes from the pure sales era Record labels aren't recertifing anything from the past because I guess the royalties to songwriters is actually bigger paychecks then today's Music eras

Albums she's at 34.5

Single's only 7.5 Are certified..

And you know until the RIAA gets updated which it won't cos they charge for the audits and the plaques like 500,000 dollars they charge per audit and plaque separately. No wonder veterans are seeing their sales get surpassed. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I went to the RIAA database and according to RCA records she sold over 70 Million in the US, girl is 28 Million under certified. 

But Because she comes from the pure sales era Record labels aren't recertifing anything from the past because I guess the royalties to songwriters is actually bigger paychecks then today's Music eras

Albums she's at 34.5

Single's only 7.5 Are certified..

And you know until the RIAA gets updated which it won't cos they charge for the audits and the plaques like 500,000 dollars they charge per audit and plaque separately. No wonder veterans are seeing their sales get surpassed. 

Wrong updates what else I can expect from the company I work with, Toxic is gold since forever and same for oops. 

She sold 47M album alone in the US and 77M singles so far let's not even talk about her certifications she isn't certified a dime if we convert her singles to album equivalents then it's 54.5M albums just in the US! RCA won't do anything and I can assure you for it, if Brit decides to leave this label then she might update all the certifications because it's necessary usually before moving onto the next label to charter your success. 

While I don't think hair color alone causes an album to flop, I do think many times when artists are trying to re-invent their image, like in the case of Disney Girls trying to show they are grown up now (Hilary Duff - Dignity, Ashley Tisdale - Guilty Pleasure), changing their image (aka hair color) is a big part of that change and many times they lose the audience they had, or it takes an era or two (Miley Cyrus) to find their footing and fans to grow up with them or new fans to come on board. 

But just my opinion, of course it can be 100% wrong. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

2008 also, so skinny 

Mariah-Carey:-Visits-Good-Morning-Americ

47884aa91846fc9

25ba91f43e8225c937487c91cdf4a815.jpg

I can't with some of you. This clearly isn't healthy skinny and I'm not trashing Mariah for that, everybody in Hollywood (Paris Hilton etc) had this weird thin arms, big chest, flat tummy Barbie look. Untrained just starved preserved by liquid food I guess.

But to praise such a body image to this date? Absolutely Questionable.

Hopefully we someday live with more realistic body images in our minds.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block