Pop Girls That Changed Their Hair Color And... Sold Less Album Copies Because of That?

3 hours ago, pieceofphil said:

I can't with some of you. This clearly isn't healthy skinny and I'm not trashing Mariah for that, everybody in Hollywood (Paris Hilton etc) had this weird thin arms, big chest, flat tummy Barbie look. Untrained just starved preserved by liquid food I guess.

But to praise such a body image to this date? Absolutely Questionable.

Hopefully we someday live with more realistic body images in our minds.

You're totally rite bro! I gotchuΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

ph6689wvsw2qbwe.jpg

Β 

I would change the title tho, maybe their "personas" flopped?

Because I did perceived Katy different that era, not because of her music, because I loved Chained to the Rythm and Swish Swish, but she was acting really weird. For Ariana, I didn't care for any single tbh from that era, so in the end I didn't care about the album. For Billie,Β i dont know her mariah carey GIF.

And Britney, Blackout didn't flop, it was and it is the #1 album that week (BillBoard you just can't change the rules while the tracking week is still on, like wtf!Β :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:)

On 9/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Blackout didn't flop, 3 Million sold worldwide in 2007, that's not a flop, it did well for an album that had little to no promotion from the main artist herself .

Β 

Circus sold 4 Million worldwide even with all that promo..

Agree! Blackout never flopped,it was hate towards Britney at that time that leads to lesser sales, not because she does her hairs.Β 
Β 

honestly, I have a feeling if she rerelease blackout now it will be a good streaming monster.Β 

Ummm... what’s your definition of a flop. An album can flop for many reasons. You know like album sales, critic reviews, fan impressions etc... I think arianas album was a flop critically, and it may not have sold the best, but fans loved it, so was it really a flop? Blackout was praised critically, didn’t sale as much as previous albums, but is adored by fans and we don’t consider this a flop at all, in some cases it’s been called the pop perfection bible. I think In this day and age flops are up to the person who is looking at it... you can still be signed these days and sell less than a million units and streaming has a lot to do with that... with that being said, I think the sweetener album had like one good song on it lol... so in my case a flop 😭😭😭

At that point Katy deserved to flop because she was also a negative person and not a very nice one either. So hopefully that FLOP album humbled her down a bit. I haven’t listened to a Katy Perry song in years and I’m totally fine with that. Plus she has no stage presence so maybe she can go back to country or Christian gospel music??Β :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

I think Katy is the best example. She switched up her image (hair color and cut) to try snd get away from Katy Perry and more Katherine Hudson and honestly her career has been in the toilet since. It was probably her time anyway and that was probably the catalyst along with the music not being that great. But yeah, top of the charts to flop was a pretty big jump for her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block