Lizzo angers fans as they receive their 'signed' CDs with just a piece of signed tape on it.

Invitation

• Content Curators

Lizzo recently released a new single "Rumors" with Cardi B. In order to boost sales, she sold a large number of signed CD singles on her website. However, when fans received the supposedly signed CDs, they were disappointed as they were merely a piece of tape on the CD itself, instead of Lizzo actually signing the CD booklet.

Coincidentally, Cardi B, who is also featured on 'Rumors', also has a history of selling 'autopen' signed CDs to boost sales. 'Autopen' means signing through machine instead of hand-signing. Cardi sold a lot of 'signed' vinyls and CDs of "WAP" last year. However, all of the signatures looked identical on the products.

Both Cardi B and Lizzo are Atlantic artists.

ab67616d0000b273324290e5b99a797b99e247bb.jpeg.5db113a52eaeaff2e64d7529fb9752e4.jpeg

Edited by Invitation
  • Haha 4
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, gapeach704 said:

All of my signed cardi cds are legit. So don’t throw cardi in this mess. She does what all of the other artists do. So stahhhhp it.

But big Liz 🥴This is a mess.

I have received both of my Cardi WAP vinyls, and they were auto penned, unless you mean her previous signed ones that I did not buy.

• Like 3

It’s bc the signature with sharpies has been smudging off and it disintegrates most of the times after years. Nicki used cardboard cd booklets with 69, so the signatures would last.. they even dissipate… I think since the cd jewel case is plastic Lizzo signed a bunch of stickers and put them on the booklets or all her messiness lately is a big PR gimmick for attention: sympathy and payola 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, John0164 said:

It’s bc the signature with sharpies has been smudging off and it disintegrates most of the times after years. Nicki used cardboard cd booklets with 69, so the signatures would last.. they even dissipate… I think since the cd jewel case is plastic Lizzo signed a bunch of stickers and put them on the booklets or all her messiness lately is a big PR gimmick for attention: sympathy and payola 

It was mainly laziness. No one signs on the jewel case. They either sign on the booklet like Taylor Swift / a separate signed art card like Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez, etc. 

Signing on a sticker / auto penning / getting intern to sign are just disrespectful and tacky.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Whatever, I’m just happy that legit CD singles are still a thing, in some capacity. As a collector, I love them and they really make an era feel full and special. They were so cool back in the day, and they would come out for every album single. 

With Lizzo, my guess is that the actual CD singles themselves were not ready at a certain time she had free to sign them. So they just had her do stickers that would be affixed to the packaging at the later time when ready for customers.

• Love 1
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Whatever, I’m just happy that legit CD singles are still a thing, in some capacity. As a collector, I love them and they really make an era feel full and special. They were so cool back in the day, and they would come out for every album single. 

With Lizzo, my guess is that the actual CD singles themselves were not ready at a certain time she had free to sign them. So they just had her do stickers that would be affixed to the packaging at the later time when ready for customers.

reminds me of the Femme Fatale's sticker tracklist

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

How is one person supposed to signs thousands of ******* CDs? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: I don’t blame her lmao if fans have such a problem, maybe just don’t buy it :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

:gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red: idk id feel cheated a bit tbh. U can’t deny this is not a very nice thing to do, it’s quite lazy. The real question id ask is why sell the CD then? It’s bad for the environment and if she isn’t signing it properly, like even if she didn’t have the time to sign… why sell it

• Like 4
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Rik said:

:gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red: idk id feel cheated a bit tbh. U can’t deny this is not a very nice thing to do, it’s quite lazy. The real question id ask is why sell the CD then? It’s bad for the environment and if she isn’t signing it properly, like even if she didn’t have the time to sign… why sell it

Thirsty fans want a CD, thus selling it! :emma: But yeah, I guess I’d be pissed too, but I also don’t know what else to expect.

I’ll stick to streaming! :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
18 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

How is one person supposed to signs thousands of ******* CDs? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: I don’t blame her lmao if fans have such a problem, maybe just don’t buy it :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

Taylor Swift, Little Mix, Kyle Minogue, Selena Gomez, Blackpink, Dua Lipa, etc. Hand signed all of theirs, especially Taylor.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block