How Billboard Charts are manipulated - Mass buying?

Moscow

Okay, so people are saying BTS fans does Mass buying to keep their songs up the chart? They are around 14 top 10 hits on BB okay so moving on, I've seen artists like Taylor etc to release multiple vinyls pressing and remixes of the song - does that say mass buying as I believe fans buy all of them? 

I am truly confused as in my belief we can buy the song once on iTunes and even if you gift a song to somebody then there must be a limit or you can just gift them to 100s of people? Explain, I am behind this knowledge! 

How can BB source unique IP Addresses or streaming? Not able to understand, I've also seen artists buy playlists to gather more streams recently I saw Beyonce has 600M playlist reach on Spotify while Britney has 167M - how does this make sense? I am not able to understand, you can just get more streams if you are in more playlist won't people skip songs if they don't like? How it works, EXPLAIN! 

Related:

I am the first person to call Taylor desperate when she pulls such desperate tactics but the BTS Fandom have wonderfully surpassed her smooth like butter, that she is tame compared to it :orangu_orangutan_ape: Atleast the other fandoms are pulling this type of clownery for 1-3 weeks. Heck, this is the FIRST time I have seen a fandom strive to keep their faves #1 for over 10 weeks with fraudulent ways.

• Like 3

I’m really OK with fans mass buying their favorite artist music. Britney-army did this too during the Femme Fatale era with the help of @TOUCHMEANGEL(please tell me y’all remember this flawless member). We literally mass bought the song on iTunes and requested the song on different radio stations or literally every radio station. I only requested the song because I was so little and didn’t have no money. Great times! :roxxy:
On the other hand, I hate industry plants just like Cardi B, Lil Nas X, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, etc. Their record label pay for huge radio deals, huge streaming platforms, pat for awards. That’s not cute and it’s blatantly put on our faces..... At least Beyonce is a mountain of talent whereas Barfi B ain’t even capable to spell Prague. :roxxy: 
CARDI B IS MARKETED AS NICKI’S NEMESIS BUT WHERE IS HER TOUR? WHERE IS HER TOUR IN THREE ******* YEARS? SHE CANNOT SELL **** WITHOUT PAYOLA AND THATS ON THAT PERIODDDDDD :gunney:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Style. said:

I’m really OK with fans mass buying their favorite artist music. Britney-army did this too during the Femme Fatale era with the help of @TOUCHMEANGEL(please tell me y’all remember this flawless member). We literally mass bought the song on iTunes and requested the song on different radio stations or literally every radio station. I only requested the song because I was so little and didn’t have no money. Great times! :roxxy:
On the other hand, I hate industry plants just like Cardi B, Lil Nas X, Beyonce, Justin Bieber, etc. Their record label pay for huge radio deals, huge streaming platforms, pat for awards. That’s not cute and it’s blatantly put on our faces..... At least Beyonce is a mountain of talent whereas Barfi B ain’t even capable to spell Prague. :roxxy: 
CARDI B IS MARKETED AS NICKI’S NEMESIS BUT WHERE IS HER TOUR? WHERE IS HER TOUR IN THREE ******* YEARS? SHE CANNOT SELL **** WITHOUT PAYOLA AND THATS ON THAT PERIODDDDDD :gunney:

I am still confused here, so if I pay to Spotify to add me on playlist will I get more listeners and streams? 

How can I mass buy? I can buy the song like 100 times and gift to random people or friends and it will be counted as 100 sales? 

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I am the first person to call Taylor desperate when she pulls such desperate tactics but the BTS Fandom have wonderfully surpassed her smooth like butter, that she is tame compared to it :orangu_orangutan_ape: Atleast the other fandoms are pulling this type of clownery for 1-3 weeks. Heck, this is the FIRST time I have seen a fandom strive to keep their faves #1 for over 10 weeks with fraudulent ways.

Explain with logic, I am confused about this. What is the fraud?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Explain with logic, I am confused about this. What is the fraud?

So basically. Billboard Hot 100 is a chart that measures the success of songs within the US, right? So overseas fans are manipulating the numbers by sending funds to US army's which they will use to buy a ton of singles to keep the song afloat on the charts. They are also investing a ton of money simply to  keep the #1 position so they can have 'the song of the summer'. 

I always thought that buying a song on iTunes counts as one sale even if you buy multiple copies of the song, but that gifting a song bypasses that restriction - I'm basing this off of what some stans on ATRL said a long time ago during the iTunes era, so I can't be 100% sure if that worked or if it still works today. Dunno how remix sales work.

Also I thought it was common knowledge that certain stanbases use VPNs to bypass IP checks which helps with streaming in particular and mass buying too probably. At the very least, I've seen BoTS stans talking about it on Twitter. So they're either correct and purposely stacking the charts, or wrong and wasting their time and money. But given BoTS' massive sales that go beyond the norm even by stanbase standards, I'm thinking that they're onto something.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

So basically. Billboard Hot 100 is a chart that measures the success of songs within the US, right? So overseas fans are manipulating the numbers by sending funds to US army's which they will use to buy a ton of singles to keep the song afloat on the charts. They are also investing a ton of money simply to  keep the #1 position so they can have 'the song of the summer'. 

But in the end even if I send funds to US fans they cannot buy a lot? Per fan - per buy right? 

• Like 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Nope, that isn't a thing, I believe. Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen screenshots of fans buying 16 copies at an instant :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

My goodness, I didn't know this so you can buy 1 copy for yourself and gift randomly to other people? Fans are this free? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

• Love 1

The only reason they have problem with mass buying now is because BTS is an asian group and it seems out of place for them to be topping American charts.

I do not have problem with it at all. artists and labels have been doing payola for centuries. You guys think Mariah Carey earned all her number 1s respectfully? She bought most of them. She didn’t really have a signature song fans world wide could agree on until We Belong Together came out.

The only problem is that America is very racist and it making some people uncomfortable to see an Asian band top the chart. their fans are loyal and I don’t care how they land on top of the charts, if the fans spent their hard earned cash on purchasing the song, they deserve it.

it’s not any different then what we used to do back in the day buying crazy amounts of album and singles and then calling the radio stations to request the songs so the airplay would go up. 

the world is constantly evolving and America is still stuck in 1700’s.

Other countries never had problem when an American act topped their chart. It happened and still happens all the time.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block