Want to be in My Aaliyah Documentary?

rik

Hey guys! For the past year I have been working on an Aaliyah documentary which speaks on her life. It is going to be similar to the Britney exhale documentary I made (see below) but far more refined. It will be an hour long. 

I want to give fans to have a chance to speak on Aaliyah and also showcase why it is that fans from the current generation are unfamiliar with her music (this isn’t the case for other deceased artists). I would also like for this ti be a a sort of time capsule that eventually transitions into the drake album that was scrapped in 2012 and where her masters are currently… and potentially answer the ultimate question of why we can’t stream her music and the impact that has. 

It will include interviews from Aaliyah during each era, so you get to relive her career from the first album to the plane crash. I also show the funeral and some Easter eggs including Britney, and current events that happened shortly after aaliyahs death. Think of it as a news clip montage.

I would like to interview some people and anonymously have them be in my video. I’m looking to target fans who grew up listening to her music who might be able to answer a few of my questions over voice note. I would edit it in such a way that it would be refined and sound natural. Again it’s all anonymous. Ask @BrittonJeanSpears or @Lyndsay Luxury who were in the Britney video💮💮🌺🌺

anyway, please comment or DM me here if you would like to say something in my documentary premiering at the end of this month just in time for the 20th anniversary thank you!!! 

I actually found out some disturbing details about her death, it's making me unsettled.  

In this upcoming book respected Music journalist ( I read it fast, I can't remember her name but the details of this witness last name Robinson, literally made me cry, it could have been prevented).

So, Robinson knew Aaliyah, was very anxious and scared to fly, the day of that infamous flight, she was knocked up on ***** to basically sleeping status. 

He thought for years maybe she wanted to be with Damon as they spun it, but after the Kobe Bryant death, it all came back and he said had Aaliyah herself knew the pilot was on ***** and the flight, was substantially overweight, she would have said we need a bigger plane, but because she was knocked out asleep, and he saw them carrying her asleep onto the plane. 

Once he saw the plane hit the ground hard, he knew that there was no chance of survival, so all of this could have been prevented if they didn't knock her out..

This book comes out a week before the 20th anniversary of her death, I'm still shocked that it took 2 decades for the real truth to come out by a witness. 

FYI Barry is launching Blackground records 2.0, and the aaliyah fans are pissed he's still refusing to out her better and best work on platforms, knowing that her legacy is slowly being erased. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I actually found out some disturbing details about her death, it's making me unsettled.  

In this upcoming book respected Music journalist ( I read it fast, I can't remember her name but the details of this witness last name Robinson, literally made me cry, it could have been prevented).

So, Robinson knew Aaliyah, was very anxious and scared to fly, the day of that infamous flight, she was knocked up on ***** to basically sleeping status. 

He thought for years maybe she wanted to be with Damon as they spun it, but after the Kobe Bryant death, it all came back and he said had Aaliyah herself knew the pilot was on ***** and the flight, was substantially overweight, she would have said we need a bigger plane, but because she was knocked out asleep, and he saw them carrying her asleep onto the plane. 

Once he saw the plane hit the ground hard, he knew that there was no chance of survival, so all of this could have been prevented if they didn't knock her out..

This book comes out a week before the 20th anniversary of her death, I'm still shocked that it took 2 decades for the real truth to come out by a witness. 

FYI Barry is launching Blackground records 2.0, and the aaliyah fans are pissed he's still refusing to out her better and best work on platforms, knowing that her legacy is slowly being erased. 

Omg this is incredible that you know so much. Any chance you’d like to send some voice notes? You can DM me if you’re interested!!

Ask Barry :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Now seriously, this idea is very cool. I hope you find enough people for this, but maybe you should search outside of this forum though? She has a big following on Twitter and Instagram.

There is so much to cover. Apparently a new book called Babygirl: Better Known as Aaliyah will be released this month and will touch a lot of different topics. It was created by many fans’ input and it looks like a lot of research was put into it.

• Haha 1
Just now, boyinthemirror said:

Ask Barry :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Now seriously, this idea is very cool. I hope you find enough people for this, but maybe you should search outside of this forum though? She has a big following on Twitter and Instagram.

There is so much to cover. Apparently a new book called Babygirl: Better Known as Aaliyah will be released this month and will touch a lot of different topics. It was created by many fans’ input and it looks like a lot of research was put into it.

I was In Touch with the author and we had a very long phone call a few months ago. She can’t be in my video anymore unfortunately but I do have a lot of goodies in store! I will definitely check out the Twitter sphere :) 

• Love 1

i would love to be in it. i am a 99' gen z so i didn't experience a lot of aaliyah growing up but today i am a fan ! kinda weird to see me stan someone that passed away even before i could read and write. hmu on @daniyaalnow on instagram and id gladly chat over there. ps my favourite song of aaliyah's is 'age aint nothing but a number'

I remember everything so perfect- and I can confirm that the pilot had been on ***** at the time, and he had previous charges or cases, but he shouldn’t have been able to fly, especially not for Aaliyah. This was released in a book very shortly after her death. I can’t speak on Aaliyah herself being drugged because I haven’t seen anything from that lately but that’s so sad. I’ll just never forget August 25 2001 in the Bahamas at 5:00 pm. Those details haunt me. I can’t believe it’s almost been 20 years. 😭 people also remember Britney with the snake at the VMAs, but Aaliyah did the snake in a similar pose in her video for we need a resolution, and she did it first. I agree that Barry is the reason we don’t have her music more widely available. Blackground records really flopped after her passing. From not releasing her catalog to streaming platforms, to absolutely screwing over JoJo- blackground is just a dirty word these days. It’s also devastating that a majority of the population only knows her first album/ era and even more-so, they remember her as a victim of R. Kelly which just taints that era, and currently, her entire legacy. She deserves justice. She wouldn’t want her life’s work unavailable to her fans and new generations. 

2 hours ago, Daniyaal said:

i would love to be in it. i am a 99' gen z so i didn't experience a lot of aaliyah growing up but today i am a fan ! kinda weird to see me stan someone that passed away even before i could read and write. hmu on @daniyaalnow on instagram and id gladly chat over there. ps my favourite song of aaliyah's is 'age aint nothing but a number'

12 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

I remember everything so perfect- and I can confirm that the pilot had been on ***** at the time, and he had previous charges or cases, but he shouldn’t have been able to fly, especially not for Aaliyah. This was released in a book very shortly after her death. I can’t speak on Aaliyah herself being drugged because I haven’t seen anything from that lately but that’s so sad. I’ll just never forget August 25 2001 in the Bahamas at 5:00 pm. Those details haunt me. I can’t believe it’s almost been 20 years. 😭 people also remember Britney with the snake at the VMAs, but Aaliyah did the snake in a similar pose in her video for we need a resolution, and she did it first. I agree that Barry is the reason we don’t have her music more widely available. Blackground records really flopped after her passing. From not releasing her catalog to streaming platforms, to absolutely screwing over JoJo- blackground is just a dirty word these days. It’s also devastating that a majority of the population only knows her first album/ era and even more-so, they remember her as a victim of R. Kelly which just taints that era, and currently, her entire legacy. She deserves justice. She wouldn’t want her life’s work unavailable to her fans and new generations. 

Omg thank you both so much! I would love to have you both involved in some way. If you wouldn’t mind please DM a me on exhale for more details! I would really benefit from your help and it would have to be about 2 minutes worth of a voice note 

Barry is up to his antics, he's going to take full advantage of his nieces death.

The estate of aaliyah gave a statement, Barry is going to release her catalog without any money going to her estate. 

@Rik

@boyinthemirror

@Malibu.D.Luxx

@ohoney

I really hate Barry but after the statement they gave, I'm conflicted cos I want everything but if they're not making a profit, f that do better barry.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Barry is up to his antics, he's going to take full advantage of his nieces death.

The estate of aaliyah gave a statement, Barry is going to release her catalog without any money going to her estate. 

@Rik

@boyinthemirror

@Malibu.D.Luxx

@ohoney

I really hate Barry but after the statement they gave, I'm conflicted cos I want everything but if they're not making a profit, f that do better barry.

Just read this on Aaliyah’s brother’s Instagram. Many people are mad and just want the music out once and for all, but I’m so disgusted by all this I’m not even sure I’ll stream :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: Nothing can be done right for the sake of Babygirl… At least her family is now speaking out publicly against that devil uncle.

4 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Just read this on Aaliyah’s brother’s Instagram. Many people are mad and just want the music out once and for all, but I’m so disgusted by all this I’m not even sure I’ll stream :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white: Nothing can be done right for the sake of Babygirl… At least her family is now speaking out publicly against that devil uncle.

He played a hand on ruining toni Braxton's music career, libra had a more hip hop sound he picked songs that could of fit her second studio album "Secrets"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Rik

@boyinthemirror

@Malibu.D.Luxx

@ohoney

5 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

Yes. You didn’t hear it from me but there may or may not be a music announcement today. This will also be discussed in the documentary 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

He played a hand on ruining toni Braxton's music career, libra had a more hip hop sound he picked songs that could of fit her second studio album "Secrets"

I’m not too familiar with her case but I know the album is still not available on streaming. I followed JoJo’s issues with his label closely and it was so messed up. That man is definitely a sociopath and I’m concerned he seems to want to play the music label game once more. He signed a group already but I hope no more artists or the public fall for this… Now it will be interesting to see what he will do with the music from other artists he owns.

36 minutes ago, Rik said:

Yes. You didn’t hear it from me but there may or may not be a music announcement today. This will also be discussed in the documentary 

You seem to have nice sources, I’ll keep an eye on it :)

On 8/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, boyinthemirror said:

I’m not too familiar with her case but I know the album is still not available on streaming. I followed JoJo’s issues with his label closely and it was so messed up. That man is definitely a sociopath and I’m concerned he seems to want to play the music label game once more. He signed a group already but I hope no more artists or the public fall for this… Now it will be interesting to see what he will do with the music from other artists he owns.

You seem to have nice sources, I’ll keep an eye on it :)

:)  

also @Jordan Miller I have a lot of expertise on this topic!! I can’t wait for u to see it on august 19/20

some exhalers will be in the Aaliyah doc  

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block