ANOTHER UPDATE: DaBaby Apologizes for His Homophobic Onstage Rant. Dua Lipa and DaBaby Unfollow One Another.

Earlier:

DaBaby was one of the performers at Rolling Loud Miami, and during his performance he made a highly questionable statement:

In a viral video shared on social media, DaBaby is heard onstage during his performance at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, saying, "If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly ***ually transmitted diseases that’ll make you die in two to three weeks, then put your cellphone lighter up! Ladies, if your p---y smell like water, put your cellphone lighter up! Fellas, if you ain’t sucking d--- in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up!”

Source: Billboard.com

He then tried to clarify by going on a rant on Instagram:

DaBaby began his 19-segment IG story by saying, "I'mma address this weekend's internet sh-- one time and then I'mma get back to giving my love to my fans, see what I'm saying? Because what me and my fans do at the live show, it don't concern all you n---as on the internet or you bitter bi---es on the internet. It's not y'all's business. What I do at a live show is for the live show. It'll never translate correctly to somebody looking at a little five-, six-second clip from their crib on their phone. It just don't work like that, right? Regardless of what y'all motherf---ers are talking about and how the internet twisted up my motherf---ing words, me and all my fans at the show, the gay ones and the straight ones, we turned the f--- up. I'm talking about my boy that was at the front of stage left where I jumped, ask him. He got clips all on his sh--. The whole night was recorded. We were turning up the whole night. My boy had the crop top on front row. He out there in that jungle, in that water. He out there cutting up. He knows the words to the song. I'm rapping them bi---es with 'em.

"Y'all talking, y'all n---as shut the f--- up," he continued. "You n---as that ain't at the show, the show was for the n----as who paid the money and took the time out their life to come enjoy the show. Not you motherf---ers watching it on the internet, at the crib. No n---a, get your tickets. Come f--- with the live show, killa, gay or straight."

Re-emphasizing his comments about individuals living with STDs, DaBaby said "all the lights went on" after he told fans to put up their cellphone lights because even his "gay fans don't got f---ing AIDS, stupid a-- n---as. They don't got AIDS. My gay fans, they take care of themselves. They ain't no nasty gay n---as. See what I'm saying? They ain't no junkies in the street. The hell you talking about, n---as? Then I said if you ain't sucking di-- in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up. You know what my gay fans did? Put that motherf---ing light up, n---a, 'cause my gay fans ain't going for that. They got class. They ain't sucking no di-- in no parking lot. N---a, you gotta get a room. A good one, five-star hotel. Even my gay fans got standards."

DaBaby continued doubling down on his comments, saying, "Y'all n----s trippin'. Y'all n----s bringing negative attention and energy upon y'all selves and the ones that's doing it is people who didn't even attend the show, so this sh-- don't concern y'all at all."

He went on to say that people "who like to butt in" on other people's business should "shut the f--- up. Don't be disturbing my motherf---ing gay fans and making them feel uncomfortable in their skin 'cause you done seen some sh-- that you wasn't supposed to see anyway."

DaBaby concluded by saying: "None of that sh-- matters to me. What matters to me when I'm on the stage is putting on a show for any and everybody that's out there and that's what the f--- I did."

In short:

• What he said at the show should only concern those who were there.
  • It's easy to misconstrue what he said based on short clips on the internet.
  • He has gay fans, so there's nothing wrong with his statement.
  • One of his friends (?) was in the audience wearing a crop top and living his best life, so there's once again nothing wrong with his statement.
  • His gay fans aren't like those nasty gays that f--k in the parking lot and have AIDS.

What a f--king clown. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Moreover, T.I., the rapper who's most known for his feature on Myah Marie and Britney Spears' smash hit Tik Tik Boom, decided to show support for DaBaby via an Instagram comment:

T.I. also posted a comment on Instagram earlier in the day, where he once again compared DaBaby's rant to Lil Nas X's music videos. "If Lil Nas X can kick his s--t in peace... so should DaBaby," he wrote, adding a shrugging emoji and "#equality."

Yes, because some straight a-shat saying offensive s--t about gay people is totally the same as a queer artist living his truth via his craft. #Equality :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: He also posted an entire five-minute rant on Instagram, but I'm not gonna post it because it's too mind-numbing and long. :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Dua has responded:

“I’m surprised and horrified at DaBaby’s comments. I really don’t recognize this as the person I worked with. I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100% with the LGBTQ community. We need to come together to fight the stigma and ignorance around HIV/AIDS.”

We love to see it. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

DaBaby has apologized:

Another "sorry that people got offended" apology. Clown s--t... :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

He went on to add that he respects Lil Nas X's willingness to push boundaries, although he doesn't agree with much of it. "The Lil Nas X s--t — the performances, the videos — I got a lot of respect for bro, because, like I said, he had the courage to live his truth, but that s--t ain't for me. I can't look at it, it ain't for me," he said, adding that he also wouldn't let his children watch Lil Nas X's videos. "Their minds haven't developed to the place where they can wrap their minds around those type of experiences, and those type of visual presentations."

Straight rappers can live their heteros-xual truths by objectifying women in their music videos, but Lil Nas X is apparently too much for T.I. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: I agree that kids have no business watching Lil Nas' performances or music videos, but he's acting like Lil Nas is doing something outrageous when straight artists have been releasing MVs that border on soft-core p--nography for years. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 9

Let’s blame it on DaBaby because that’s not your baby it’s my baby! He’s so petty bringing Tory Lanez after Meg’s set, tho! As for T.I, he’s disgusting. Last year, he forced her daughter to see a gynecologist to confirm her virginity. He deserves his balls to fall off and his opinion is irrelevant! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Wow, so many wrong things going on with these two ******s that I cant even begin to assemble a comment.

their jealousy and hatred toward Lil Nas X and gay people in general is obvious and pathetic.

isn’t this “kids are watching” argument a little too weak and old ? People have been saying this literally since Beatles/Elvis eras

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Style. said:

Let’s blame it on DaBaby because that’s not your baby it’s my baby! He’s so petty bringing Tory Lanez after Meg’s set, tho! As for T.I, he’s disgusting. Last year, he forced her daughter to see a gynecologist to confirm her virginity. He deserves his balls to fall off and his opinion is irrelevant! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Men like this are the reason Britney’s in a conservatorship 

when will toxic straight masculinity stop 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block