ANOTHER UPDATE: DaBaby Apologizes for His Homophobic Onstage Rant. Dua Lipa and DaBaby Unfollow One Another.

A french YouTuber (gay male) made a storytime where he says he had s** (and pretty much without consent) and took co****e with a pretty famous straight rapper when he went to the US. A lot of people connected the dots and thinks it's dababy. He (the YouTuber) even likes a comment about it, but he signed an NDA so...Β 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I didn’t hear the β€œsus” comment on the end, so I was here defending him lol. Cause saying, β€œsucking ****” is like saying β€œhop off my ****” which isn’t homophobic, it just means stop hating behind my back and kissing my *** when you see me.

Now that I heard the other guy say stuff about β€œbeing sus” I see he meant it in a homophobic way. But I still don’t think it’s that big a deal. Had a drag Queen been on stage saying this we would all be laughing.

He didn’t say anything else wrong IMO. He spoke about AIDS in an insensitive way but he isn’t wrong. You shouldn’tΒ compromise your immune system or anyone else’s. If I’m sick, I don’t want you to catch it and get super sick.Β 

Idk, I think we’re becoming way to PC. Instead of cancelling him, someone should have educated him. He has a song with Lil Nas X and BEEN knew Nas X is gay so I genuinely don’t think he cares or has a problem with us. I think he’s just in a genre that is historically homophobic and is still using terms they are used to

11 minutes ago, ChaosMoogle said:

I didn’t hear the β€œsus” comment on the end, so I was here defending him lol. Cause saying, β€œsucking ****” is like saying β€œhop off my ****” which isn’t homophobic, it just means stop hating behind my back and kissing my *** when you see me.

Now that I heard the other guy say stuff about β€œbeing sus” I see he meant it in a homophobic way. But I still don’t think it’s that big a deal. Had a drag Queen been on stage saying this we would all be laughing.

He didn’t say anything else wrong IMO. He spoke about AIDS in an insensitive way but he isn’t wrong. You shouldn’tΒ compromise your immune system or anyone else’s. If I’m sick, I don’t want you to catch it and get super sick.Β 

Idk, I think we’re becoming way to PC. Instead of cancelling him, someone should have educated him. He has a song with Lil Nas X and BEEN knew Nas X is gay so I genuinely don’t think he cares or has a problem with us. I think he’s just in a genre that is historically homophobic and is still using terms they are used to

Yes a drag queen, who is part of the LGBTQ+ community can say crude jokes about sucking D in a parking lot and we would probably laugh but Dababy is allegedly NOT part of the community. But I highly doubt anyΒ drag queen is dumb enough to say what he said about HIV/AIDS and claim it be a joke.

Also just because he worked with Lil Nas, doesn't mean he can't feel a certain way the community behind the scenes. That's like someone saying "IΒ can't be racist, I have a black friend"!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Yes a drag queen, who is part of the LGBTQ+ community can say crude jokes about sucking D in a parking lot and we would probably laugh but Dababy is allegedly NOT part of the community. But I highly doubt anyΒ drag queen is dumb enough to say what he said about HIV/AIDS and claim it be a joke.

Also just because he worked with Lil Nas, doesn't mean he can't feel a certain way the community behind the scenes. That's like someone saying "IΒ can't be racist, I have a black friend"!

You’d be surprisedΒ at just how crass a drag queens jokes can get.
Β 

Also, as I said, hadΒ not heard the end withΒ them trailing off about β€œbeing sus” because β€œ**** sucking”, β€œ*** kissing”, β€œboot licking” and many more termsΒ are used to mean Brown Nosing. After hearing the rest, however, I do agree it was rude, homophobic, and wrong.

As for the HIV/AIDS statement, I do believe he is uneducated on the matter. Unfortunately, I feel many are. I genuinely feel he was crudely saying to stay safe. But it was very insensitive and agree he shouldn’t have been so crass.

As for myΒ Lil Nas X statement, many truly homophobic men would not deal with someone who is openly gay AT ALL! I’ve worked with homophobes, well, I worked in the same location and they would not work with me lol. So I, personally, just could not see him doing that especially with the stigma in his genre. He would avoid it at all cost.

5 hours ago, ChaosMoogle said:

I’ve worked with homophobes, well, I worked in the same location and they would not work with me lol. So I, personally, just could not see him doing that especially with the stigma in his genre. He would avoid it at all cost.

I worked at Home Depot for 4 years and worked aside the most straight "stereotypical" men and they have been some of my closest friends. DaBaby hopped on a track with Lil Nas because LNX was at the time a more successful artist than him. Everyone collabs with anyone that will give them clout. If DaBaby was way bigger before LNX came onto the scene, I guarantee he wouldnt have worked with him. It's one thing to be a non-famous person who works along side hetero/gay people and has to abide by HR rules and state laws, it's another thing to be a famous artist that is either trying to get their break, or trying to sell a public image- DaBaby did the latter. He got exposure for working with Nas and at the same time. He worked with an openly admitted racist past against black people, Camila Cabello. This man was collabing to make his presence mainstream.Β 

Miley’s response was interesting but she did make some goodΒ points. Whenever someone says/does something controversial people on the internet would rather see them burn to the ground rather than learn from their mistakes and become a better person. While I don’t agree with what DaBaby said at all Miley wants to help educate him and I think that’s nice.

Edited by Isla
1 hour ago, Brother Shawn said:

Throw away this guy’s career please. There’s no need to be such a hateful human being. Megan thee stallion was right. It’s about time Hip Hop embraces the LGBTQ+ community.Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

They act like their isn't fans that listen to rap, I bet they consider lil nas X a pop star, but I'm pretty sure we all know hip hop rappers are dl cos of the toxic masculinity and being raised that street cred and respect on the streets is way more important than respecting humanity.

Β 

Live by the streets, die by the streets.Β 

Β 

That's the motto..

Β 

They are even happy to kill male or females for ratting out and letting people know, you have dl men in the streets.Β 

Β 

But a tweet said it best, it's 2021 the dl and discreet lifestyle needs to die now.Β 

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block