New Documents Reveal Jamie Spears acted as proxy of Britney’s estate since she was 15 years old

16 hours ago, torontofan said:

I HATE the guy.. but um.. I'm pretty sure as a minor that she had to list at least one of her parents in those documents 

true, but why wasn't it her mom lol? They actually were close and had a relationship. it seems like lynne spears' main vice is that she is super terrified of Jamie and lets him do whatever and consistently never stands up to him at the expense of Britney's health and life.

16 hours ago, torontofan said:

I HATE the guy.. but um.. I'm pretty sure as a minor that she had to list at least one of her parents in those documents 

Agreed. I appreciate your rationality on this because I know we all dislike him. But what you’re saying is legit. And who knows if Lynne could even handle finances either.

I am, however, in disbelief that this man has always had the confidence and desire to be in charge financially despite his spotty track record.

Unbelievable. 

• Love 1

Yes it's a legal requirement, however, this is more about the concept of an absent father suddenly jumping in.

This paired with his comment that his daughter was going to buy him a horse some day.

This just further proves that he's only an active and interested father when money is involved.

• Love 2

Yeah, I realize a parent/guardian would have to sign for the minor. But it's rather strange the closer parent wouldn't be the one doing the signing. Or is it the kind of marriage where "The men handle the business in this family. I wouldn't have a clue on what to do about a thing! I just don't have the brains for it"

lmao. Is this not normal? Like I get Jamie sucks and definitely should be removed, but this seems pretty standard to have a parent involved as a stranger is more likely to take advantage of the situation. I'm not mad Jamie signed, I'm just mad he let it go to his head and abused his position. 

• Like 2
On 7/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

I don't see the controversy here.

She was a minor...She couldn't legally sign for herself.

Jamie was actually doing her a solid on this one. 

Umm parents are not supposed to do a solid for their kids. It's their responsibility to be a parent.
He's a terrible parent and he was not doing Britney any favors here. It's what he is supposed to do.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, WithoutAMap said:

LOL. OK Jamie Spears.

:surejan:

Thank you for doing our girl Britney a solid.

I wasn't allowed to wear make-up until I was 14, and wasn't allowed to date boys until I was 16.

Never in a million years would my dad have signed a recording contract for me at the age of 15. :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Considering how much they worked her over the next three years...Maybe Jamie shouldn't have signed one either?