As things keep positively moving towards the collapse of the conservatorship, what’s the one thing you may be worried about through all the joy?

First off, I have to handedly admit, that before we started getting more substantive facts and proof over these past few months, I was always on the fence about the conservatorship throughout the beginning of #FreeBritney. Things were just so unbelievable and conspiracy theory-ish at first, but now after seeing some of what we have seen (and heard) this summer, it’s definitely time to end it and get Britney her total autonomy back as soon as reasonably possible (not years!!! Like some legal people have been saying in media articles)  

I still believe that even w Britney’s testimonies, she still has some mental health challenges…For anyone with real knowledge of mental health, the testimonies (while heart wrenching and absolutely jaw dropping as they were) equally point to an underlying issue that can be  easily picked up on through her manic speech pacing and disjointed thought process (for anyone who knows about mental health, its easy to pick up on the textbook features).

Whether it be from the obvious mental health issues of 2007/2008, or through the trauma of the conservatorship of the past 13 years…or a combination of the two, there’s something obviously there that Britney has to sadly deal with for the rest of her life.  With that being said, that brings me to the main question of the topic….

As we continue to hope for the speedy dissolution of the conservatorship, is there any one thing that you’re worried about for Britney coming out of It? 

For me its the clinger ons and the sleazy people from her past working her way back into her life…or new sleazy, ill intentioned people working their way in.  I feel like Jamie and the conservatorship have stiffled her adulthood development, trust, and judgement, and Im worried that not having the ability to cultivate real friendships and human relationships over the past decade and a half will result in her picking up her freedom right where it left off, with the likes of people she needs to steer clear of. 

It’s nice that people like Paris Hilton (who has seemed to turn her life around) advocates so much for her, but lets be real…Paris’ influence  of *****, alcohol, and partying in the 2000s played a role in Britney’s spiral. Even if Paris is in a better place now, I want Britney to be free and start fresh, void of any people from her life from the 2000s. Even these random, so called friends from the industry that love talking to sleazy tabloids about their personal encounters w her during the bad times as if theyre advocates….just feel so shady and the flamed out LA types who you can spot the coke on their nostrils from a mile away. 

If she chooses to work again or not (which I hope she does…but will respect and support if she doesnt) I want her to have Mom friends…couple friends for her and Sam…something more healthy and normal….and please move out of California asap to a state with a legal system where this ish cant happen to you again. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SupTJ said:

Sounding quick and nervous during your ONE chance to tell the judge how you've been tortured- that isn't speaking manic. She didn't sound or seem manic, at all. She sounded scared and desperate for change

I definitely agree with all that!..but theres nuance in the testimony that unless you have the exposure to someone who may be bipolar, manic, etc you might not pick up on it.

I cant articulate it exactly, but its there for those who know. Im not saying Im 100 percent right, just my opinion. But regardless of the mental health argument, I was just curious to see what may be a lingering concern or possible worry that people may have, as Britney finally breaks free but has to readjust to normal life after all the time and trauma. 

2 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

the passive aggressive shade of this topic masked as concern and positivity…

i see we are back to demanding perfection from her…

after 13 years she gets once chance to talk… and she gets nervous with the whole world listening about her LIFE, not just a rumor, or a bad performance or some gossip on TMZ, literally about her EXISTENCE! and of course “ShE Is BIpoLaR BeCauSe ShE SpOKe sO FaSt”

close this mess.

Literally every single word of this comment! love & hip hop yas GIF by VH1

• Love 3

I don't think the speech is any indication of her mental health. There's a difference between experiencing short-term extreme anxiety (that most of us would feel if we were addressing a court of law in front of millions of people) and having 'manic speech'.

That said, I do think she will need significant help for her mental health coming out of the conservatorship. She'll basically need to be reintegrated into the world and learn how to stand on her own two feet again (which she hasn't been able to do in a long time). Obviously these are positive things, and I think she'll be fine, but she could get very overwhelmed very quickly.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

It really seems that she’s on the path to terminating this thing once and for all, and hopefully gaining her voice and life back. The one thing I get worried about is Team Con weaponizing anything they can against her, whether it be her kids, her money, her health, etc. They always have a way of twisting things and using Britney’s strengths against her.

That being said, I think Team Con will drag out proceedings for as long as possible, and continue draining her money through litigation. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

• Love 1

I hope that she will continue seeking appropriate therapy, whether she needed it or not prior to the c-ship, she does now after what they’ve put her through.

I am mainly concerned about her family.  I really hope she is able to get a restraining orders on all of them.  Sam Lutfi as well.  What a power move it would be if she was free and went to the courthouse and filed a restraining order on the man that they thought she was Soooooooo susceptible to undo influence.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mangotango said:

No, just no. You can't even begin to try to diagnose someone based on a few minutes long statement where they are talking about being completley stripped of their rights and freedom and being abused and betrayed by everyone close to them, including family. Any similarities/signs you think you see are completely invalidated by the context in which she is speaking. 

You’re entitled to your opinion, which I value and respect, and I am entitled to mine on the mental health portion.

I’m not trying to diagnose her, but also it is ignorant for anyone to act like all of the stuff that she did and happened with her before Jamie and the conservatorship even came into her life was not possibly mental illness. Wearing different colored wigs and talking in British accents while walking around barefoot everywhere is textbook behavior directly correlated to a variety of clinical mental health diagnoses. Amanda Bynes did almost the same exact thing, and she is schizoaffective….its not me guessing , its me talking from a standpoint of having the education and exposure that certain mental health disorders manifest in very close ways for many people…wigs and accents (escapism, personality dissociation etc)…the fact that Amandas dignosis isnt shrouded in secrecy and sealed and that people know that about it is good…because transparent and informative talks around mental health can happen to support those who suffer WITHOUT locking them into a comservatorship. 

There is starting to be a real problem in our fanbase/community that is becoming very anti-mental health. The fact that we can’t simultaneously fight for Britney’s freedom and autonomy while also accepting that she  could possible have something that we need to show love and support for is scary. She could absolutely have nothing, but the fact that no one is willing to talk about that she might is so destructive and disservice's those who suffer. Talking about Britney having mental health issues doesnt need to be seen as being pro conservatorship, it makes you human and empathetic. We need to find a way as a community to be #FreeBritney (which I am) while also being #promentalhealth….it is possible to be both and I think thats just lost on some people. 

Were all entitled to our opinions…but again, wasnt the point of the post…I want her free asap, but want her to find a new happy life free of the past entirely with no chances of lutfis, lohans, adnands, and hiltons being part of her inner circle. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jadedkitten said:

Here comes another armchair doctor :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses: 

Not trying to be an armchair doctor but let me ask you why is it a bad thing for us to fight for her freedom and excepting that she may have a mental health disorder. Do you think by thinking it’s a possibility that that somehow makes you pro conservatorship?

23 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

the passive aggressive shade of this topic masked as concern and positivity…

i see we are back to demanding perfection from her…

after 13 years she gets once chance to talk… and she gets nervous with the whole world listening about her LIFE, not just a rumor, or a bad performance or some gossip on TMZ, literally about her EXISTENCE! and of course “ShE Is BIpoLaR BeCauSe ShE SpOKe sO FaSt”

close this mess.

It is genuine concern not masking …the fact that we can’t talk about mental health openly in a supportive and constructive way while fighting for her freedom is actually really sad. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Army1 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, which I value and respect, and I am entitled to mine on the mental health portion.

I’m not trying to diagnose her, but also it is ignorant for anyone to act like all of the stuff that she did and happened with her before Jamie and the conservatorship even came into her life was not possibly mental illness. Wearing different colored wigs and talking in British accents while walking around barefoot everywhere is textbook behavior directly correlated to a variety of clinical mental health diagnoses. Amanda Bynes did almost the same exact thing, and she is schizoaffective….its not me guessing , its me talking from a standpoint of having the education and exposure that certain mental health disorders manifest in very close ways for many people…wigs and accents (escapism, personality dissociation etc)…the fact that Amandas dignosis isnt shrouded in secrecy and sealed and that people know that about it is good…because transparent and informative talks around mental health can happen to support those who suffer WITHOUT locking them into a comservatorship. 

There is starting to be a real problem in our fanbase/community that is becoming very anti-mental health. The fact that we can’t simultaneously fight for Britney’s freedom and autonomy while also accepting that she  could possible have something that we need to show love and support for is scary. She could absolutely have nothing, but the fact that no one is willing to talk about that she might is so destructive and disservice's those who suffer. Talking about Britney having mental health issues doesnt need to be seen as being pro conservatorship, it makes you human and empathetic. We need to find a way as a community to be #FreeBritney (which I am) while also being #promentalhealth….it is possible to be both and I think thats just lost on some people. 

Were all entitled to our opinions…but again, wasnt the point of the post…I want her free asap, but want her to find a new happy life free of the past entirely with no chances of lutfis, lohans, adnands, and hiltons being part of her inner circle. 

Dude, this has nothing to do with being anti-mental health. If Britney has any mental health issues, whatever they are she shouldn't be in a cship and never should have been and it has nothing at all to do with what is happening. The cship should never have happened in the first place, there was deceit and corruption involved to set it up and there are indications Britney was being pushed to her limit and manipulated. As such, we can't make any judgements or assertion's on her mental health state back then, nor now. You have no grounds for whatever you are trying to argue, because the incompleteness of information and the circumstances invalidate all the "evidence" you are using to support your stance. And speculating in what kind of issues she could potentially have is therefore just unnecessary and quite frankly, disrespectful. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1