Britney’s reaction to Paris Hilton’s boarding school experiences

In Britney’s testimony, she said that she initially did not believe that Paris Hilton suffered physical and emotional abuse while she was in boarding school. In fact, it seemed like she was still ambivalent about the claims. I personally feel that it’s a bit invalidating and harsh to say something like that about someone who has supported you for years. Paris has never said anything mean about Britney and has even stood up for her when interviewers have made negative comments about her. 

I’m wondering what Paris Hilton thinks about those comments. You can tell that she is still traumatized by her experiences at that boarding school and I imagine it would hurt to hear someone say that they don’t believe the allegations. It must be very hard to hear such comments from someone that she genuinely cares for. 

From what it seems, they have been friends for years. I believe they even hung out during the pandemic. I personally would never invalidate someone’s experiences even if I was no longer close with that person.

I see her point mentioning Paris story, but yeah... That's when the Spears genes jumped out lol.

Paris said she understood why Britney said that. I highly doubt Paris would say anything negative about Britney for the press.

She needs their "friendship".

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

I see her point mentioning Paris story, but yeah... That's when the Spears genes jumped out lol.

Paris said she understood why Britney said that. I highly doubt Paris would say anything negative about Britney for the press.

She needs their "friendship".

Spears genes? What do you mean? I know a lot of people have doubts about the authenticity of her relationship with Britney but I do believe that Paris genuinely  cares about her and values their friendship. 

I think Britney has kept some level of distance from Paris due to fear that her father will break yo their friendship if she gets to close but from what it appears, she sees Paris at least once a year.

• Like 1

I think it was a fair thing to say; maybe it would have been nicer if she had explicitly said “but now I believe her,” but I think that was implied. But I think she was just trying to get across the point that famous women aren’t always believed about this kind of thing, and even SHE didn’t believe (at first) the claims of someone she knew, so she feared others wouldn’t believe her. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Spears genes? What do you mean? I know a lot of people have doubts about the authenticity of her relationship with Britney but I do believe that Paris genuinely  cares about her and values their friendship. 

I think Britney has kept some level of distance from Paris due to fear that her father will break yo their friendship if she gets to close but from what it appears, she sees Paris at least once a year.

About the genes: look how insensitive Jamie, JL and Bryan talks...

I don't think Britney acts like her family, thank God... But, yeah... Sometimes that vibe can come and go.

Paris doesn't seems a bad person, but she forces a relationship that barely exists nowadays. It's great she is a supporter, but they are not besties or anything like that. 

“To be honest with you, the Paris Hilton story, on what they did at that school? I didn't believe any of it. I'm sorry I'm an outsider and I'll be honest, I didn't believe it. And maybe I'm wrong, and that's why I didn't want to say in this, people would make fun of me or laugh at me and say she's lying, she's got everything, she's Britney Spears.“

-:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

So Britney said “maybe I’m wrong” which isn’t exactly “I believe her” but could be interpreted as such in the context of the statement. Overall I get the feeling that Britney doesn’t care about their PR friendship the way Paris does which I find kinda bad*** :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: As for Britney being rude, it reminded me of when she dragged Julia Roberts to the pits in her Matt Lauer interview when she mentioned that Julia started dating a man who was with a pregnant woman :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: And Britney stans Pretty Woman

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

There was ZERO malicious intent behind what Britney said and people need to stop acting like there was. Anyone who was actually listening could tell Britney was nervous, she was also most likely speaking rapidly in case they might shut her down, she just worded things wrong but her point was still 100% understandable.

If Paris herself isn’t upset, no one else should be.

• Like 1

yea I don't think she was being shady or malicious at all as everyone has stated, she prob just said it to make a comparison to her own situation and thinking "no one would believe her" because you didn't rly use to usually expect someone famous/rich like Britney to go through those troubles, but I low key wish she was because I legit can't stand Parisite and the undeserved attention she gets :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

anyway, when *prayer circle* Britney is finally free I just hope she manages to stay far away from super phony and contrived people like PH and is able to surround herself with more genuine and real people like herself. I know theres obv people like that everywhere but it's one of the reasons I hope she leaves LA, the entertainment industry is a v toxic environment

The only way it's acceptable that she said that was if she told Paris in advance about it. 

Paris is one of the strongest celebrity freebritney advocates and she doesn't "need" Brit. She's rich and famous enough without her and there's no shortage of celebs she could cling to for "relevancy". I'm hoping Paris will help reintroduce her to the world after the Cship is over.

• Like 1