Albums that didn't age well

Albums that sounded good in the past but now it just ain't it for some reason. For me:

• My Everything by Ariana Grande - this album was released in 2014, the era that made me her fan, I think singles like Problem and Break Free now sound kinda weird and overdone. These aren't bad songs tho. I still like singles like Love Me Harder and One Last Time but the rest of the album... :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:
  • Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande - it was released in 2016, singles like Side To Side, Into You, Dangerous Woman are okay but I don't listen to em anymore as the just became boring. The rest of the album is really weak imo. 
  • ARTPOP by Lady Gaga - even if the album was released in 2013, I became obsessed with it three, four years later and I thought it was ahead of its time at that time but now... no. 

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

Albums that sounded good in the past but now it just ain't it for some reason. For me:

• My Everything by Ariana Grande - this album was released in 2014, the era that made me her fan, I think singles like Problem and Break Free now sound kinda weird and overdone. These aren't bad songs tho. I still like singles like Love Me Harder and One Last Time but the rest of the album... :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:
  • Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande - it was released in 2016, singles like Side To Side, Into You, Dangerous Woman are okay but I don't listen to em anymore as the just became boring. The rest of the album is really weak imo. 
  • ARTPOP by Lady Gaga - even if the album was released in 2013, I became obsessed with it three, four years later and I thought it was ahead of its time at that time but now... no. 

Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart is still so good. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Britney (2001) - a few gems on there but sounds very dated and cheesy. Still love it though.

Rated R by Rihanna - what I used to think was one of her stronger albums, I now believe to be her weakest. Wait Your Turn, Rockstar, Photographs (will.i.am ruins it once again) G4L... weak weak weak!!

Lust For Life by LDR - I loved this album when I came out. Now I feel like it’s her most forgettable work. I still love the video for “Love” but the song’s magic has worn off on me. The title track annoys me now too.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'm actually ranking my favorite albums of all time, and I'm surprised at what's actually near the bottom of my list! I've ranked about 150 or so during quarantine, and I think these albums did NOT age well (at the time, I thought they were all ICONIC):

• Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number (1994), Aaliyah
  • The Sweet Escape (2006), Gwen Stefani
  • Spiceworld (1997), Spice Girls
  • Rainbow (1999), Mariah Carey
  • Survivor (2001), Destiny’s Child
  • J To Tha L-O! The Remixes (2002), Jennifer Lopez
  • Goodies (2005), Ciara
  • M!ssundaztood (2001), P!nk

To be fair, y'all should consider albums over 10 years old.... 2014 was like so yesterday :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block