Albums that didn't age well

On 5/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

• Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande - it was released in 2016, singles like Side To Side, Into You, Dangerous Woman are okay but I don't listen to em anymore as the just became boring. The rest of the album is really weak imo. 
  • ARTPOP by Lady Gaga - even if the album was released in 2013, I became obsessed with it three, four years later and I thought it was ahead of its time at that time but now... no. 

Touch It aka Ariana's BEST song says hi.

Also. ARTPOP is Gags BEST album. Periodtttttt

• Love 1
  • My Everything - Ariana Grande; I can't stand Problem and Break Free anymore. They sound sooooooooooo childish! Love Me Harder remains a gem tho.
  • The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne; The songs make me cringe, I barely can listen to Girlfriend.
  • Brave - Jennifer Lopez; aside of Do It Well, the album sound so dated for a 2007 record.
  • Unbroken - Demi Lovato; I used to love this one but I can't stand it anymore. same actually goes for Demi.
  • A Girl Like Me - Rihanna; only love Unfaithful these days. All the other songs sounds so meh when I realllllly used to like them before. Even the name has aged badly...Kan je maag het aan? Dit zijn de walgelijkste gerechten ooit - De Zondag
  • MDNA - Madonna; but then again the album never sounded good in the first place. Tea Shady GIF - Tea Shady Sassy - Discover Share GIFs | Tea funny, Tea  meme, Tea
  • One Of the Boys - Katy Perry: I used to LOVE Hot'N Cold but I can't STAND it anymore! The whole song is dated AF! I do like Waking Up In Vegas but the production really aged badly, it's MESSY.
  • Lotus - Christina Aguilera: I really didn't understand the hate back then and really liked many of the album tracks. However...when I revisit the album nowadays, I totally get why.

Albums that have gotten better with aging:

• Ray Of Light - Madonna: yes was already a masterpiece at its release but I feel as of today, the album sounds even better. It still sounds fresh and I am yet to see an artist of her caliber to release such an alternative album (Taylor's Folklore comes really close).
  • ARTPOP - Lady Gaga: deemed as ahead of its time at the release, I couldn't agree more. It was ahead of its time and that time has arrived. The album is easily's one of Gaga's BEST studio records. The Fame could never. The only songs I dislike are Jewels'N ***** and Dope. I even have grown to LOVE Aura.
  • RED - Taylor Swift: also already a great album at the time it was released but I feel the album even feels better now. Today's music is so heavy produced while RED is the perfect mixture of Pop and country music. Begin Again and All Too Well are pop perfection tracks and still refreshing to hear between new music. The album is a refreshment of today's overproduced music and vocals imo.
  • Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus: Even though the vocals sound too overcompressed at some times, the album really sounds as if was released only yesterday. Who Owns My Heart could be easily played in the clubs in 2021 and still sound new.
  • The ultimate album that aged the BEST OF ALL in my opinion definitely is....
  • Spoiler

Loose - Nelly Furtado: Also a hit at release but this album is the one I come back to the most after all these years. The tracks are ALWAYS in my top 100 streamed tracks a year of Spotify. It's (aside Britney's albums) the only album I keep repeating this many times. It's not just the singles...Te Busque, Afraid, ... THE ALBUM IS A FRIGGING MASTERPIECE. I might even add it tops Britney's Blackout. Definitely one of pop's best albums EVER released.The Magical Story Of How Nelly Furtado And Timbaland Made Loose | The FADER

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Mandy Moore, or anything from Kesha.  :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Honestly nothing slaps more than OG Kesha. If you want loud, raucous fun then no one does it better than her. Britney always set the bar, but if Britney opened the door for all the women after her, Kesha broke it down to make sure it STAYED open. No one had better party bangers than her.

9 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Britney (2001) - a few gems on there but sounds very dated and cheesy. Still love it though.

Rated R by Rihanna - what I used to think was one of her stronger albums, I now believe to be her weakest. Wait Your Turn, Rockstar, Photographs (will.i.am ruins it once again) G4L... weak weak weak!!

Lust For Life by LDR - I loved this album when I came out. Now I feel like it’s her most forgettable work. I still love the video for “Love” but the song’s magic has worn off on me. The title track annoys me now too.

Fire Bomb from Rated R is still one of my all time fave ballads from Rih though :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Love 5
On 5/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Brittaney Spears- In the Zone

ADVERTISING

Skip
Ads by

I seriously hope you misread the thread title! Are you kidding me? In the Zone sounds as fresh as what it did in 2003!

• Love 2

Britney - Baby one more time album sounds really dated now I think. Very cheesy sounded especially Email my heart

Pink cant take me home is very  90s rnb, only pink album I rarely listen to now

The thing is I agree kinda with the person that said spice and Spiceworld but that's why I still love it and yes its very 90s but the songs are still brilliant and when I saw them in 2019 they still sounded amazing live. But Wannabe wouldn't be released today as it was of it's time. Mind you their song Holler they released in 2000 after geri left I think still sounds fresh today

• Super Mods

Britney Spears - Britney Jean

Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Christina Aguilera - Bionic

Justin Bieber- My World/My World 2.0

Jessica Simpson- Irresistible

Katy Perry - Witness

The first 3-4 albums of Ke$ha

Mandy Moore - So Real

and there are so much more I can mention but I just cant think of them right now

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block