Why wasnt In the Zone nominated for Album of the Year

rik

And would it have won a Grammy (besides toxic) if released today. Let’s discuss!

and while you’re here, don’t forget to check out my hour long documentary I made about exhale where I conducted interviews with several exhalers including @Jordan Miller . Free Britney: Conspiracy to Congress is on YouTube now!  It tells the story of how Exhale saw the movement unfold, and relies on news reports and court documents, in addition to our very own forum page to further communicate Britney’s story. Enjoy! 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Applejack said:

people pay their dues to blackout, but people forget to pay their dues for ITZ!

In the zone I will literally get tattooed on my face I love in the zone :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap: if anyone ever tells me that in the zone is somehow inferior to blackout I’ll have you know that I graduated the top of my class in the navy seals 

15 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

The Britney album was nominated for quite a few prominent categories. I think I remember reading that Jive didn’t submit ITZ for very many categories for some reason.

I wonder why that is 

When I was younger I didn’t really click with ITZ as I thought it wasn’t very Britney. 

Luckily I have now seen sense and it helped me through coming out and transitioning from my teens into my 20s. Honestly what an album I appreciate every song. Songs like Early Mornin’, Breathe On Me, TOMH. 

It deserves so much recognition and it will always be my ultimate favourite album. 

27 minutes ago, Isla said:

Maybe because they didn’t think it would get nominated? Who knows. 

I’d be interested in seeing a complete list of all of Britney’s Grammy nom submissions.

I’d love to see that too actually. Any way we can get that?

31 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

When I was younger I didn’t really click with ITZ as I thought it wasn’t very Britney. 

Luckily I have now seen sense and it helped me through coming out and transitioning from my teens into my 20s. Honestly what an album I appreciate every song. Songs like Early Mornin’, Breathe On Me, TOMH. 

It deserves so much recognition and it will always be my ultimate favourite album. 

I feel you! I’m 24 now and since I was like 21 ish I really fell in love with in the zone 

Honestly the one album I’m surprised wasn’t nominated was oops. She was at the time more considered by the Grammys. She was the biggest star. It was on of the biggest eras that year and best selling female album. She was still serving vocals at the time. It was critically acclaimed. She meant a lot to the music industry during that time, so what gives. I’d say a nomination for oops would’ve been comparable to how Dua ari and Billie get nominated in that category these days. 

the other albums I get it, they weren’t necessarily highlights of the yr they were released for the industry overall, aside from toxic and her stardom. 

Because the subject of s** is/was regarded as taboo within the Academy and when Britney transitioned from teen star to adult s** symbol who heavily relied on shock tactics and less on vocals, she was taken less and less serious as an artist. It’s really a shame because ITZ is a masterpiece and one of the greatest pop albums of the 2000s even though it never really got the credit it truly deserved.

3 hours ago, ronron said:

I still cant to this day understand how taylor swift has 2 grammys for album of the year and britney just one for best dance recording... even katy perry got nominated for album of the year what a joke 

Taylor has won AOTY 3 times now.

11 hours ago, Rick101 said:

I wonder why that is 

Who knows, I actually remember the reporter on I think either MTV News or E! News saying ITZ was robbed because it deserved to be nominated in categories it wasn’t submitted to and they couldn’t understand why Jive didn’t submit it. 

I think after Circus Jive/RCA stopped submitting her work at all. I think Womanizer was up for Dance track of the year and that was the last time she got a nom/was submitted. They should’ve at least submitted TTWE and WB to the same category and even though she probably wouldn’t have gotten any noms they should’ve submitted Glory for best Pop album/Pop Vocal! 

Archived