Why wasnt In the Zone nominated for Album of the Year

Mature. That’s the first word I think when I think about BS4.
She was at an artistic high.
Blackout matches ITZ artistically, but Blackout is very immature in its nature. The ying to the yang of her artistic peak.

The album is full of quality music. A majority of the songs are so good, they still haven’t aged and honestly have a great chance at being timeless.

She really found her voice, had something to say, delivered the messages with ease, showed growth, strength, maturity, wisdom, yet remained our classic Britney with an organic evolution. 
The vocal delivery was great because she really showcased her range and did a lot of experimental stuff such as the vocoder effects on Early Mornin. That grimy whispery effect 😍
Production is immaculate. We got it all. It’s not a cohesive album (genre wise) but all the tracks do have a similar (mid)tempo.

We go from hip hop to dance to pop to experimental and everything in between but the cohesion is in the aesthetic. 
I love every song but when I think of the album as a whole, it doesn’t excite me for some reason and I couldn’t tell you why 🤷🏽‍♂️
I do feel Glory is ITZ 2.0 yet I gravitate towards Glory MUCH more.

In conclusion I do believe it’s a masterpiece but it’s not one of my favorites by Brit. 
Ironically I like most of the songs? Yeah idk...that’s weird but it’s the honest truth haha 😆 

With all of that being said, I’m HERE regardless for Glory ❤️