Why wasnt In the Zone nominated for Album of the Year

1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

To be fair, this was back when there were only 5 nominees, and there were a lot of big albums that year. It would've been tough to leave any one of them off.

Which other albums were nominated that year? I know I could easily look it up but.... hh

9 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Which other albums were nominated that year? I know I could easily look it up but.... hh

Genius Loves Company – Ray Charles & Various Artists

American Idiot – Green Day

The Diary of Alicia Keys – Alicia Keys

Confessions – Usher

The College Dropout – Kanye West

And I better not see any bad mouthing about Ray Charles :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Confessions – Usher

And I better not see any bad mouthing about Ray Charles :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

:ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: omfg what was in the water that year wtf these are all amazing albums. All of them

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

2003-04 were the most innovative years for music this century, I don’t blame you for thinking that :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Absolutely. Artists were fully finding their own and wow the result- 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, umr3000 said:

Genuinely feel “In The Zone” deserved much more critical acclaim and recognition. The best thing is it’s stood the test of time. 

It continues to sound fresh till this day. I’d love a vinyl and stream release with bonus tracks and demos for the 20th anniversary @loutaylor

36 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

2003-04 were the most innovative years for music this century, I don’t blame you for thinking that :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

This. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

We got the euphoria of the previous eras of the early 00s/late 90s that were filled with bombastic pop music but with the authenticity of modern music explored through all different sounds. Perfect combination that allows for escapism but also comfort. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

This. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

We got the euphoria of the previous eras of the early 00s/late 90s that were filled with bombastic pop music but with the authenticity of modern music explored through all different sounds. Perfect combination that allows for escapism but also comfort. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Omg yesssssss periodt those years of music were truly a magical time :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: we will never experience a renaissance in music like that again. Back when every genre was thriving and there was room for everybody to express their art. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Because the subject of s** is/was regarded as taboo within the Academy and when Britney transitioned from teen star to adult s** symbol who heavily relied on shock tactics and less on vocals, she was taken less and less serious as an artist. It’s really a shame because ITZ is a masterpiece and one of the greatest pop albums of the 2000s but never really got the credit it truly deserved.

And she actually composed one of the singles on her own.  (And for anyone doubting this, no offense to Annet Artani but the burden of proof is on her, and NOT Britney.)

3 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Confessions – Usher

No badmouthing any of the albums, but today, In The Zone is pretty much artistically as good as most of these now.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

PURRR :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Post more wtf where have u been, I enjoy your threads!!!

I’ve been working on a lot of stuff recently at work. Trying to secure a permanent position and am in the midst of fighting my own kinda conservatorship w my parents hhhh- I tried moving out and it just didn’t work out despite paying first months deposit. Ugh oh well. Aside from that I’ve been working on a few projects. Recently a mini DMX video. Have two big videos coming up for the summer/fall even though I know I don’t have a following. I just loved the format I used for the Free Britney Conspriacy to Congress video that I wanna apply that same sorta ethnographic feel to Aaliyah. 
i will be tracking down older fans who collect her music and were fans of hers from the start and essentially showcase aaliyahs career through interviews, an explanation of TRL, and explore the secrets of Barry hankerson, her uncle and rhe man responsible for why her music isn’t streamable. I am going through court documents and then am gonna talk to various ppl who know her but not necessarily her music. This might be an hour and a half or so since I’ve already completed an hour. Expect an august release though in time for Aaliyah’s 20th anniversary of her death. I’ve been speaking with someone who has been interviewed for a revelatory book coming out w those close to Aaliyah. She’s signed an NDA but after august she will be able to speak in my video. 

I also have a premature 9/11 and war on terror video I’m making, Which I plan on releasing on the 20th anniversary this September. 

10 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

On ha national media tour promoting for the groundbreaking documentary, Framing Rick. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

I love u :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: :lolnoworries_britney_hat_its_okay_excited:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rick101 said:

I’ve been working on a lot of stuff recently at work. Trying to secure a permanent position and am in the midst of fighting my own kinda conservatorship w my parents hhhh- I tried moving out and it just didn’t work out despite paying first months deposit. Ugh oh well. Aside from that I’ve been working on a few projects. Recently a mini DMX video. Have two big videos coming up for the summer/fall even though I know I don’t have a following. I just loved the format I used for the Free Britney Conspriacy to Congress video that I wanna apply that same sorta ethnographic feel to Aaliyah. 
i will be tracking down older fans who collect her music and were fans of hers from the start and essentially showcase aaliyahs career through interviews, an explanation of TRL, and explore the secrets of Barry hankerson, her uncle and rhe man responsible for why her music isn’t streamable. I am going through court documents and then am gonna talk to various ppl who know her but not necessarily her music. This might be an hour and a half or so since I’ve already completed an hour. Expect an august release though in time for Aaliyah’s 20th anniversary of her death. I’ve been speaking with someone who has been interviewed for a revelatory book coming out w those close to Aaliyah. She’s signed an NDA but after august she will be able to speak in my video. 

I also have a premature 9/11 and war on terror.  Which I plan on releasing on the 20th anniversary this September. 

Omg yessss look at you! :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt: On your way to becoming one of the most acclaimed filmmakers of our generation. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point::peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye: I used to love making documentaries too but I kinda lost my passion and don’t have the patience for it anymore. My best advice to you is never ever lose your passion to dream. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Omg yessss look at you! :ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt: On your way to becoming one of the most acclaimed filmmakers of our generation. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point::peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye: I used to love making documentaries too but I kinda lost my passion and don’t have the patience for it anymore. My best advice to you is never ever lose your passion to dream. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad: thank you this was inspirational. I really just am having a lot of fun with it and it’s a nice distraction from everything else going on. I’d love to collab or something in the future ...... maybe we can look into successias career or how Ja Rule’s career died 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

@Rick101 make a documentary on the musical renaissance and innovation of 1995 to 2004 and how so many genres of music were able to thrive at once. I feel like no one has done it yet and I can definitely help in any way you need me to for gathering resources and such. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

You do not know how much Viacom/ MTV footage I have. My favourite era of music would probably be this period, particularly 2001-2004 for hip hop and pop especially 

I bet you we could make an hour long video on this!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

And she actually composed one of the singles on her own.  (And for anyone doubting this, no offense to Annet Artani but the burden of proof is on her, and NOT Britney.)

4 hours ago, danny1994 said:

The co-writer on Everytime is confirmed to have just given lyrical suggestions.

All accounts report Britney being the one who actually composed the melody.

• Like 1