Girls & Boys appreciation thread

I never paid so much attention to this song until a few months ago, kinda mad that this is a hidden gem among the fanbase and britney's discography :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

The synth at 1:58 is soo catchy omg. :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative: I'd always thought that And Then We Kiss was the little sister of Touch Of My Hand and Breath On Me, but I was so wrong, now I realized this is real trilogy: Touch Of My Hand, Breathe On Me and Girls & Boys :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Do you like this? ('Cause I lie awake)
I thought you would ('Cause I lie awake)
Do you wanna touch me? ('Cause I lie awake)
Can you handle this? ('Cause I lie awake)
Can I slow it down?
Just a little bit

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:britney-boys-girls.jpg.0b3f97637c026ebfae02b85f9827596c.jpg

• Love 9

The chorus is a little weak but it was better than some songs on the stabdard edition of the album. To be complitely honest, Strangest Love, Guilty, Rockstar, Pleasure You and some other unreleased ITZ stuff is better than half of the album (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow...). And don't let me begin talking about I've Just Begun. That song was single material.

• Love 5

I can see why it's just an international bonus track, but at the same time I still like it. Even her b-sides are pretty good, which can't be said for some artists. (FYI I am a Taylor Swift fan and do like a number of her b-sides [unreleased songs], but since I could see a number of you using what I just said to insult Taylor I thought I would say that so you know that I politely disagree with your dislike of Ms. Swift)

1 hour ago, Oxic said:

Do you like this? ('Cause I lie awake)
I thought you would ('Cause I lie awake)
Do you wanna touch me? ('Cause I lie awake)
Can you handle this? ('Cause I lie awake)
Can I slow it down?
Just a little bit

The following lyrics outsold:

"And then we kiss
Your love comes alive on my lips
I feel a rush coming over me, over me
And when we touch
This moment when everything's still
I close my eyes and then we kiss"

"The feel of your hand
As it touches my hair
It makes me tremble
Don't wanna let go
Of the feelings we share
So baby, go slow"

"Our hearts beating fast
And my body cries
I want it to last
It's burning inside
We're getting deeper"

Did I lie? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

giff.thumb.gif.195d4e5cf40c202b70720d707

• Love 7
  • Haha 1

It's crazy how this song is literally buried within her own discography. Most people don't even know she worked with Linda Perry during that time even though she's credited on the album's liner notes (Probably a leftover since the song was at one point meant to be Track 14 on the European edition before they changed it to Chaotic, Crazy Girl and then The Answer)

Also, I would had love to hear P!nk's version. She got offered the song during the Missundaztood sessions :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

The chorus is a little weak but it was better than some songs on the stabdard edition of the album. To be complitely honest, Strangest Love, Guilty, Rockstar, Pleasure You and some other unreleased ITZ stuff is better than half of the album (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow...). And don't let me begin talking about I've Just Begun. That song was single material.

Honestly britney's music between 2003-2005 is her best music, ITZ had so much potential tbh, it could easily have had a reissue (aka Future Nostalgia Moonlight edition) with all of the unreleased songs (Girls and Boys, And Then We Kiss, Over To You Now, Strangest Love, etc) but I guess the GP weren't prepared for creativeney and exploreney my ***ualityney :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 5

un-popular opinion but I'm not feeling this one. 

For me, there's always a reason why Brit doesn't include songs on her albums, and this one just doesn't track with the vibe of 'In The Zone'... it definitely FEELS like a b-side. It's catchy for what it is, but Brit's gift was always making ***uality magical, if you will, not cheap. This one just feels a little bit like Vanessa Hudgens or Ashley Tisdale would have dropped it 😂

• Love 3
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, PlayboiMommy said:

It's crazy how this song is literally buried within her own discography. Most people don't even know she worked with Linda Perry during that time even though she's credited on the album's liner notes (Probably a leftover since the song was at one point meant to be Track 14 on the European edition before they changed it to Chaotic, Crazy Girl and then The Answer)

Also, I would had love to hear P!nk's version. She got offered the song during the Missundaztood sessions :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Crazy girl? What’s that? 

• Like 1