Girls & Boys appreciation thread

On 4/18/2021 at 8:39 AM, Lonely2001 said:

The chorus is a little weak but it was better than some songs on the stabdard edition of the album. To be complitely honest, Strangest Love, Guilty, Rockstar, Pleasure You and some other unreleased ITZ stuff is better than half of the album (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow...). And don't let me begin talking about I've Just Begun. That song was single material.

Ugh, my heart hurts hearing The Hookup and Shadow getting dragged. lol. But YES YES YES, IJB was always on heavy rotation from me. I love that song so much, and I was thrilled to hear it on Bridesmaids, especially during a critical scene and not just background music. I always wanted a video for that song (over Do Something). 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

Ugh, my heart hurts hearing The Hookup and Shadow getting dragged. lol. But YES YES YES, IJB was always on heavy rotation from me. I love that song so much, and I was thrilled to hear it on Bridesmaids, especially during a critical scene and not just background music. I always wanted a video for that song (over Do Something). 

Well in my opinion Shadow is plain boring, it's just missing something. The Hook Up is more listenable but the chorus is myb too much for me idk. Guilty was so much better than The Hook Up, Strangest Love should have been in the place of Shadow and Rockstar in the place of Boom Boom. I mean that's just my opinion. I've Just Begun is a masterpiece and idgaf what people say!

25 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Well in my opinion Shadow is plain boring, it's just missing something. The Hook Up is more listenable but the chorus is myb too much for me idk. Guilty was so much better than The Hook Up, Strangest Love should have been in the place of Shadow and Rockstar in the place of Boom Boom. I mean that's just my opinion. I've Just Begun is a masterpiece and idgaf what people say!

I just have a soft spot for dramatic and cheesy ballads. Same way with Selena's song Sober.  Classic Film Reaction GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

On 4/18/2021 at 11:24 PM, RedBloodedWoman said:

I cherish my Japan edition of the ITZ DVD since it's the only place the track was released. I truly adore Girls & Boys even though the mastering is awful. It would be perfect if her vocal was actually front & center on the chorus, I ending up getting a clean filter of the lead vox & I made my own version main vocal mix I usually listen to. (Same with Before the Goodbye)

Brandy's ex husband Big Bert produced it for ITZ

Can you upload your version on YouTube ? I’m interested. 

3 hours ago, anthony7226 said:

I just have a soft spot for dramatic and cheesy ballads. Same way with Selena's song Sober.  Classic Film Reaction GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

Dramatic was for Blackout tho hahaahahaha. I would have used Dramatic over 90% of the Blackout songs, but I think with that intro it more fit on Circus tho...

1 minute ago, Lonely2001 said:

Dramatic was for Blackout tho hahaahahaha. I would have used Dramatic over 90% of the Blackout songs, but I think with that intro it more fit on Circus tho...

Sorry to bud in so unexpectedly (I was writing my own reply in response to y'all's convo) but I think they meant Dramatic as in like a dramatic ballad as opposed to the song. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, anthony7226 said:

3 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

3 hours ago, anthony7226 said:

Lowkey, never got the appeal behind Strangest Love. It's good but IMO I actually like Shadow better. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

(I Got That) Boom Boom, I never originally liked TBH. You have to be in a certain mood to enjoy that IMO. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

But yes, (I've Just Begun) Having My Fun is lowkey top 3 best songs ever from ha. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Sorry to bud in so unexpectedly (I was writing my own reply in response to y'all's convo) but I think they meant Dramatic as in like a dramatic ballad as opposed to the song. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Ohhhh hahahhahahaa I didn't understand him correctly. Dramatic is still a bop tho. And I don't hate Shadow, I just tend to skip it often. Strangest Love is better for me personally, or even Pleasure You. The only ITZ unreleased that I don't like that much are Get It, Instant Deja Vu and It Feels Nice. The other ones are soooo good. And I would have loved if Britney recorded her version of Sweet Dreams My LA Ex by Rachel Stevens. It's such a good response to Cry Me a river! What is your opinion on that song?

• Love 1
On 4/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, Lonely2001 said:

The chorus is a little weak but it was better than some songs on the stabdard edition of the album. To be complitely honest, Strangest Love, Guilty, Rockstar, Pleasure You and some other unreleased ITZ stuff is better than half of the album (Boom Boom, The Hook Up, Shadow...). And don't let me begin talking about I've Just Begun. That song was single material.

Um Shadow is one of the best songs she’s ever released and none of the leftovers are better than it! ITZ is perfect the way it is, all the songs fit the over all vibe! There are however some great leftovers from the album because Britney was in a super creative/experimental phase at that point! It’s unfortunate that deluxe editions hadn’t become a thing yet because they could’ve easily done one for ITZ! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Um Shadow is one of the best songs she’s ever released and none of the leftovers are better than it! ITZ is perfect the way it is, all the songs fit the over all vibe! There are however some great leftovers from the album because Britney was in a super creative/experimental phase at that point! It’s unfortunate that deluxe editions hadn’t become a thing yet because they could’ve easily done one for ITZ! 

Well it's just my opinion, nothing more. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who for example don't like Rock Me In or What It's Like To Be Me and those are one of my favourite songs. Shadow is a bit boring to me but I know that there are a lot of people who like it and I respect that.

5 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

And I would have loved if Britney recorded her version of Sweet Dreams My LA Ex by Rachel Stevens. It's such a good response to Cry Me a river! What is your opinion on that song?

Lowkey never heard it even though it's always being shared to me. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Will check it out on my lunch break. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 1