P!nk reportedly inks Las Vegas residency

• Leader

P!nk has reportedly finalized a deal to perform in Vegas, according to Vital Vegas. Vital has accurately reported other residencies before their official announcements, like Kelly Clarkson and Janet Jackson. However, they got into some hot water last year when they inaccurately reported that the Sahara hotel was closing when it wasn't. The Sahara sued but the judge dismissed it. Anywayyyy

This rumor has been running around for nearly two years, so it appears now that "normal" life is returning, so are music events (and Vegas 🥲).

Exhale, would you go see P!nk perform in Vegas?

pink-vegas.jpg.96b0acb95047649c3bd732ac7f30c93b.jpg

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

I don't understand why everyone wants to do residency's? Artist make so much more money touring, no? Is there something I'm missing? Tour fees and hotels and shipping costs more? 

but I guess it's less expensive because they save all the transport fees, like, in a tour they have to fly the entire crew, the stage props, besides there's the factor that the artist themselves only have to travel back and forth from Vegas to where they live. Pink is a mom now, so I bet that's more convenient.

Also, I suppose covid restrictions won't be entirely gone, so it's easier to control a small venue than a big stadium. Also, with a tour they always face the risk of concerts not selling out. With a residency, they get paid independently of the attendance, as far as I understand, they don't cancel shows if too few tickets are sold. They can also extend for longer periods, like Britney did, for several years, and with several breaks in between. A tour can only last too long, before they have to wrap it up, again, because of all the expenses and everything that it implies. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Do we all think that someday Britney might have another Vegas residency? Like if she actually wants to? I’m sure sometime if that ever occurs, a “Post Free Britney Vegas Show” where we see a since-emancipated free Britney performing would be Wildly Successful. And for the first time in a king while we would see her happy to be on stage again. I look forward to that maybe happening one day. #FreeBritney. :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:   :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

I don't understand why everyone wants to do residency's? Artist make so much more money touring, no? Is there something I'm missing? Tour fees and hotels and shipping costs more? 

Because of having a stable life while still making big money.

Touring is extremely exhausting as you're performing in Paris and the next day you're to perform in Russia. This takes its toll on your relationship with your family, health, ... all of this can be dealt with when you're performing at 1 place only.

People often forget touring is this extremely exhausting as they think of the fun parts like actually seeing the world while in reality, they often even don't have time to go even out in the country. Britney also mentioned this multiple times during interviews, how she's going from one place to another without even seeing the place.

As for P!nk, she's EXTREMELY focussed on her kids in a good way. No doubt she's a great mother and this way her kids and husband can travel with her to Vegas to live there.

And yes, touring fees (travelling, crew, stage, ..) MIGHT be higher and thus a residency COULD be cheaper tho IDK if that's always the case since they renovated the entire thing for Britney and IDK who paid thay (her or the hotel).

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

im a massive pink fan and she made it very clear on her last tour [Beautiful Trauma 2018-2019 World Tour] that she found it very hard doing a world tour with her 7/8 year old daughter and 2/3 year old son and she said by the end of it her daughter was very fed up and upset because she just wanted to go home and do gymnastics and other normal kid things. So although its crap for me as i have cerebral palsy and in the UK so cant get to Vegas, i can understand and can see why pink wants to do vegas for a few  years until her kids are a bit more grown up. In regards to money, tbh pink is a multimillionaire now and probably doesnt even  need the money she makes by touring and she'll make a lot of money everynight doing vegas anyway. So i dont think stopping touring will make her struggle at all.

it makes me sad though, but im lucky ive seen her live 5 times now and last time was only in 2019   

i do think as well she'll do vegas a couple of years then tour again when her daughter is mid teens  and her son is like 8 or 9. i think it just because her kids particularly her son are still kinda young

• Like 1
  • Content Curators

To be honest if I were to think of a powerful pop star that should do Vegas it should be her

i mean her shows are exactly what Vegas looks for, strong vocals, huge productions, dancing, acrobats, I mean she’s perfect for it 

I was also excited for Gaga’s residency but her shows felt lackluster which is weird cause i thought she would put on a grand production

• Like 2

I mean people who have kids see the residency route as a great way for routine. So I can imagine more and more that performers are opting in for this route for balance.

I think P!NK would be a great artist to have for a residency. She's so talented. When I saw her at her last tour, I almost fainted, it was so incredible. She performs so well!

We can also see that every artist who has had a residency, also takes their residency show on tour. So I'm excited to see her at the residency or when she takes it on tour.

Are we sure it's Britney's influence cos to me it seems Celine needs a lot more credit, cos nobody thought Celine would be successful at all, and after all Celine had a theater built just for her aka the Coliseum. 

Cos once Celine comes back, which will happen, she'll be the queen of vegas, after all her first residency is still the most successful Vegas residency of all time. 

Pink and cirque de Soleil let's do it. At Caesars. 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:43 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Are we sure it's Britney's influence cos to me it seems Celine needs a lot more credit, cos nobody thought Celine would be successful at all, and after all Celine had a theater built just for her aka the Coliseum. 

Cos once Celine comes back, which will happen, she'll be the queen of vegas, after all her first residency is still the most successful Vegas residency of all time. 

Pink and cirque de Soleil let's do it. At Caesars. 

Britney made it popular that’s why everyone is sitting in line for a residency nowadays  :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block