BJS Kids & Family Trust : A Research Thread

21 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

ok so the original date that CON asked to change the trust was August 14, 2017. Bryan Spear must have still been involved in the Trust at this point because Clark Byam = Bryan Spears trust attorney 

spacer.png

Just reading through the new documents...

Clark Byam at Hahn & Hahn represented both Co-Trustees from 2008 to 2010, so his presence doesn't automatically make my Spidey senses tingle.

However...We also have Bryan being served multiple documents in 2017. 

How curious.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

What was the timing on the NY Times, Netflix, BBC, and CNN documentaries?

When did we first catch wind of those?

Do you mean when we first heard of the docs? I’m fairly certain January of last year was when FBS was announced. However, there might have been speculation prior. The second one was announced just days before it premiered last September.

As for the others..

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bbc-britney-spears-documentary-1143129/amp/

(rumoured for months) https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/britney-vs-spears-netflix-show-b1924411.html?amp

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021/09/20/cnn-special-report-toxic-britney-spears-battle-for-freedom/amp/

• Love 1

Here's something interesting...

So they tried to change the investment strategy of both the estate and the SJB Revocable Trust at the same time.

Goetz approved the change to the estate, but crossed out the lines pertaining to the Trust...Bryan resigned shortly after.

And then...Ivan Taback comes back and petitions the probate court to change the investment strategy of the Trust. This time Goetz approves.

I wonder what would cause Bryan to resign? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Key dates:

Aug. 19, 2010 - An ex parte application is submitted to the probate court requesting a change in the investment strategy of both the estate and the SJB Revocable Trust. (Case No. BP 108870)

Sept. 8, 2010 - Judge Reva Goetz grants the application to change the investment strategy of the estate, but crosses out the lines relating to the SJB Revocable Trust. (Case No. BP 108870)

Sept. 21, 2010 - Bryan Spears resigns as Co-Trustee of the SJB Revocable Trust. (Case No. BP 108870)

Sept. 30, 2010 - Ivan Taback, acting as Trustee of the SJB Revocable Trust, petitions the probate court to change the investment strategy of the Trust to mirror that of the estate so as to go forth "as a unified whole." (Case No. BP 109096)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Do you mean when we first heard of the docs? I’m fairly certain January of last year was when FBS was announced. However, there might have been speculation prior. The second one was announced just days before it premiered last September.

As for the others..

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bbc-britney-spears-documentary-1143129/amp/

(rumoured for months) https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/britney-vs-spears-netflix-show-b1924411.html?amp

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021/09/20/cnn-special-report-toxic-britney-spears-battle-for-freedom/amp/

Thank you!

The interviews for these were all filmed months and months before.

So...

We have the "Britneysgram" faction taking down the Instagram account of the LFB faction in what, July 2020?

And LFB's Twitter account first appeared in May 2020?

Meaner and SwatTeamForBJS are on the side of LFB...Who have an entire section on their Insta dedicated to hating Sam Lutfi.

Erin Lee Car and Jenny Eliscu were previously on the side of Britneysgram...Who interviewed Sam Lutfi for both the podcast (as he admits in his message to Lynn) and later for the Netflix doc.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

Just trying to figure out who was leaking which document, I guess?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Thank you!

The interviews for these were all filmed months and months before.

So...

We have the "Britneysgram" faction taking down the Instagram account of the LFB faction in what, July 2020?

And LFB's Twitter account first appeared in May 2020?

Meaner and SwatTeamForBJS are on the side of LFB...Who have an entire section on their Insta dedicated to hating Sam Lutfi.

Erin Lee Car and Jenny Eliscu were previously on the side of Britneysgram...Who interviewed Sam Lutfi for both the podcast (as he admits in his message to Lynn) and later for the Netflix doc.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

Just trying to figure out who was leaking which document, I guess?

Its weird because LFB was definitely not on Jamie's side of the conservatorship (and LFB is def team con) but like you say they were anti Luftfi...would Lynn be this anti Lutfi because I just can't see Jodi and Ingham caring about Lutfi one way or another unless Ingham took it personally that Lutfi kept trying to get Britney a lawyer of her choice...

11 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

More docs to come. I’m trying my best to spend today and tomorrow organizing. My feeble brain can’t handle all the different sources of info.

Thank you!!! Can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the file names including a date and case number :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 1
On 2/1/2022 at 7:11 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Ooooh...

I'm going to edit my question above...Because you're right. "If the conservatorship ended" applies to right now.

Jamie and the lawyers quite literally fixed it so he'd have control of her money no matter what.

I think it was more that he made it so if she wanted to make any changes, she had to go to court (he changed it from revocable to irrevocable) to get permission, which would probably be public, and give people a chance to intervene, perhaps. Worst case scenario, they say she's not capable, again and again. Even if that didn't happen, that's not how she set it up, and they couldn't be allowed to set the terms of her own trust. She started it as a revocable trust so she could change it as she needed to.

Maybe it's a distinction without a difference, as to whether Jamie was overtly maintaining control, or insidiously making sure she never quite had autonomy over her own estate.

Ugh, these people.

Going back to @Steel Magnolia's hypothesis about KFed fighting changes made to Britney's trusts and sussing out the relationships between him and Team Con...

I unearthed this gem from Oct. 10, 2008. Here's a video of Lynne Spears appearing on "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" during her publicity tour for Through the Storm.

[Transcription follows]

Interviewer: Okay, here's another one. Kevin Federline. Do you like him?

Lynne Spears: I do like him.

Interviewers: Really?!

Lynne Spears: Yeah. I mean, he's been good to us. He's included Jamie [Spears] and I. Kevin could've been a real pill about a lot of things, but he wasn't. He worked with us, and I think he's tried to make everything good for the boys. He's thought about the boys through all this. 

Things were verrrrry cozy between Team Con and KFed for about 10 years (2008-2018). When does he put up a fight? As @Steel Magnolia pointed out, once Team Con began making changes to Britney's trusts.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Going back to @Steel Magnolia's hypothesis about KFed fighting changes made to Britney's trusts and sussing out the relationships between him and Team Con...

I unearthed this gem from Oct. 10, 2008. Here's a video of Lynne Spears appearing on "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet" during her publicity tour for Through the Storm.

[Transcription follows]

Interviewer: Okay, here's another one. Kevin Federline. Do you like him?

Lynne Spears: I do like him.

Interviewers: Really?!

Lynne Spears: Yeah. I mean, he's been good to us. He's included Jamie [Spears] and I. Kevin could've been a real pill about a lot of things, but he wasn't. He worked with us, and I think he's tried to make everything good for the boys. He's thought about the boys through all this. 

Things were verrrrry cozy between Team Con and KFed for about 10 years (2008-2018). When does he put up a fight? As @Steel Magnolia pointed out, once Team Con began making changes to Britney's trusts.

@Y2KLadyThis is a gem!!!

The CON tagline for the change to the trust was “Britney’s kids won’t have access to her money when they are 18…it will be when they are 35.” But con’s intention would have been to spend all the money by that time. So maybe the impact was effectively to cut Kfed off when the kids turn 18?? The child support Britney pays kfed should stop when the kids turn 18…so maybe kfed was depending on this trust fund for life after child support payments??

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

@Y2KLadyThis is a gem!!!

The CON tagline for the change to the trust was “Britney’s kids won’t have access to her money when they are 18…it will be when they are 35.” But con’s intention would have been to spend all the money by that time. So maybe the impact was effectively to cut Kfed off when the kids turn 18?? The child support Britney pays kfed should stop when the kids turn 18…so maybe kfed was depending on this trust fund for life after child support payments??

One of the most despicable things, conceptually, about the conservatorship was how Team Con held Britney's sons as bait so that Britney would comply with Team Con's control over her life. I don't really feel comfortable discussing her sons because they're minors, but from a legal perspective, it's useful to ask the hypothetical question, "what might happen when Britney's eldest son turns 18?" He becomes an adult and, under the terms of her original trust, would have access to her money. He would also have the power, as an adult, to hire an attorney and try to emancipate Britney from the conservatorship. Obvi, none of this matters now because the conservatorship has been terminated, ****thank god.**** 

Remember when Brit's youngest son went on his Instagram Live in March, 2020? 

1:50 mark

Jayden: [reading questions] "How can we support your mom?" Well, I don't know, 'cause I'm trying to do stuff, but they're all over me or whatever. 

2:46 mark

Jayden: [reading questions] "Help your mom break free?" See, that's what I'm trying to do, but I think if...[trails off]

--

Ramifications of this event:

Page Six exclusive in which Mark Vincent Kaplan (KFed's family law attorney) minimizes the press:

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/04/kevin-federline-handling-son-jaydens-instagram-rant-like-a-responsible-parent-rep-says/

The Blast's article discusses Team Con's attempts of scrubbing the internet of the Brit's son's video:

https://theblast.com/c/britney-spears-son-jayden-instagram-live-scrubbed-internet-kevin-federline/

Edited by Y2KLady
facts
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

@Y2KLadyThis is a gem!!!

Yeah there's a chance he's a greedy mf but honestly, even if he didn't expect the trust to fund HIM if Britney died, he was rightfully pissed at this change because if anyone deserves to have access to their mother's money when she dies, it's her kids, right? Cutting them off to benefit the family instead is a sketchy move. What I mean is, maybe he didn't act strictly out of selfishness, but on behalf of his children? (I know I know, I don't like him and I don't trust him either)

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

@Y2KLadyThis is a gem!!!

32 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

One of the most despicable things, conceptually, about the conservatorship was how Team Con held Britney's sons as bait so that Britney would comply with Team Con's control over her life. I don't really feel comfortable discussing her sons because they're minors, but from a legal perspective, it's useful to ask the hypothetical question, "what might happen when Britney's eldest son turns 18?" He becomes an adult and, under the terms of her original trust, would have access to her money. He would also have the power, as an adult, to hire an attorney and try to emancipate Britney from the conservatorship. Obvi, none of this matters now because the conservatorship has been terminated, ****thank god.**** 

Silly question...

Wouldn't Britney need to pass away first before the kids could access the Trust at 18?

If so...

Could there be any other reason why the Trust was changed?

It's complicated what they did with it...Having it "not funded" until either the conservatorship ended or Britney passed away meant that Jamie had full control over it through the estate (and was therefore able to move the funds around in dummy corporations and do with it as he pleased) vs. the Trustees safely investing the money over the long term so that it could grow.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Y2KLady said:

Remember when Brit's eldest son went on his Instagram Live in March, 2020? 

1:50 mark

Jayden: [reading questions] "How can we support your mom?" Well, I don't know, 'cause I'm trying to do stuff, but they're all over me or whatever. 

2:46 mark

Jayden: [reading questions] "Help your mom break free?" See, that's what I'm trying to do, but I think if...[trails off]

--

Ramifications of this event:

Page Six exclusive in which Mark Vincent Kaplan (KFed's family law attorney) minimizes the press:

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/04/kevin-federline-handling-son-jaydens-instagram-rant-like-a-responsible-parent-rep-says/

The Blast's article discusses Team Con's attempts of scrubbing the internet of the Brit's son's video:

https://theblast.com/c/britney-spears-son-jayden-instagram-live-scrubbed-internet-kevin-federline/

Thanks for reminding me of this ig live, I think it gives us a tiny glimpse of the dynamics in the family... I always thought part of the reason Britney started really fighting harder and spoke up in June is the fact that the children support her in this fight, and that also made it more difficult in the last few years for team con to use them to blackmail her, or the blackmail wasn't as effective as it used to be, since now the kids are older and have a voice.

Also, just pointing out Jayden is the youngest kid, not the eldest.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Yeah there's a chance he's a greedy mf but honestly, even if he didn't expect the trust to fund HIM if Britney died, he was rightfully pissed at this change because if anyone deserves to have access to their mother's money when she dies, it's her kids, right? Cutting them off to benefit the family instead is a sketchy move. What I mean is, maybe he didn't act strictly out of selfishness, but on behalf of his children? (I know I know, I don't like him and I don't trust him either)

I forgot that they also may have cut themselves in as beneficiaries!

I've slowly been going through the new documents, but the details of the "Kids & Family Trust" is redacted.

However...My guess is that the boys would have to split the Trust with four new people — Jamie, Lynne, Bryan, and JL.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Silly question...

Wouldn't Britney need to pass away first before the kids could access the Trust at 18?

If so...

It's complicated what they did with it...Having it "not funded" until either the conservatorship ended or Britney passed away meant that Jamie had full control over it through the estate (and was therefore able to move the funds around in dummy corporations and do with it as he pleased) vs. the Trustees safely investing the money over the long term so that it could grow.

Honestly, I think that "either" in "either the con ended or Britney passed" is just for show. I suspect they never even considered the conservatorship ending during Britney's life. From the outside, it looks to me like they set it up so the best case scenario for them was Britney dying. I don't like conspiracies and I don't think they were actually trying to kill her, but I do think they didn't care that much if she died, and wanted to set it all up so if/when that happened, they could benefit as much as possible. 

5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've slowly been going through the new documents, but the details of the "Kids & Family Trust" is redacted.

However...My guess is that the boys would have to split the Trust with four new people — Jamie, Lynne, Bryan, and JL.

Why else would they name it "Kids & Family" if it was just for the kids' benefit? That wasn't the smartest move, was it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Silly question...

If so...

Excellent question. I'm out of my depth here because I'm not an attorney, but answering this requires going back to the original 2004 document establishing the SJB Trust. I'm sure one of us has it posted on Exhale!!

41 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Thanks for reminding me of this ig live, I think it gives us a tiny glimpse of the dynamics in the family... I always thought part of the reason Britney started really fighting harder and spoke up in June is the fact that the children support her in this fight, and that also made it more difficult in the last few years for team con to use them to blackmail her, or the blackmail wasn't as effective as it used to be, since now the kids are older and have a voice.

Also, just pointing out Jayden is the youngest kid, not the eldest.

Definitely. Sloppy, abusive family dynamics, where the most powerless victims are the kids. Ty for pointing out Jayden's birth order!! I always confuse him and SP since they're so close in age. 

40 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This is bingo bango on the money. The CDAN blind item you posted at the very beginning of the thread supports this idea! I've been poring over the gossip items everyone listed in the thread. The rumors help me think through the possible scenarios that may have precipitated all the legal filings in question. 

32 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

Honestly, I think that "either" in "either the con ended or Britney passed" is just for show. I suspect they never even considered the conservatorship ending during Britney's life. From the outside, it looks to me like they set it up so the best case scenario for them was Britney dying. I don't like conspiracies and I don't think they were actually trying to kill her, but I do think they didn't care that much if she died, and wanted to set it all up so if/when that happened, they could benefit as much as possible. 

Why else would they name it "Kids & Family" if it was just for the kids' benefit? That wasn't the smartest move, was it.

This is dark, but Britney said herself that she believes #FreeBritney saved her life. I'm not conspiratorially minded either, but Team Con was a massive fraud. 

Question for everyone

What was the context of Victoria Prince's (KFed's wife's) recent posts on her Instagram? "Two sides to every story," or whatever?? What was the point of her posts? Was she supporting Jamie Lynn's book tour?

• Love 1