BJS Kids & Family Trust : A Research Thread

I have work deadlines today but wanted to quickly note...

1. The "Service List" for changes to the Trust would be lovely to get a hold of (currently redacted). This would tell us if Lynne Spears was included in the plans.
  2. The beneficiaries of the "Kids & Family Trust" would be lovely to know (currently redacted).
  3. James Spears and Wallet are making the changes.
  4. They appear to have tried three times to change the Trust in 2017 (there are First, Second, and Third Supplements submitted in order to comply with California law).
  5. The submission of the third change comes on December 1, 2017. This is before JL asks to become Trustee.
  6. James Spears is signing the documents from Nashville, TN where he is living with JL.
  • Like 3

So... It seems like it might all come back to real estate? I remember a couple weeks ago some of you were wondering in another thread why would Lynne hire a lawyer who specializes in environmental law instead of probate, and whether maybe the reason she asked to be an interested party in the court hearings had something to do with trying to get access to know  what Jamie was doing with Britney's land...

I also like that theory of bringing JL on board after Bryan maybe refused. I can't see why would they go with JL as a first choice (especially seeing as she later backed out)

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

So... It seems like it might all come back to real estate? I remember a couple weeks ago some of you were wondering in another thread why would Lynne hire a lawyer who specializes in environmental law instead of probate, and whether maybe the reason she asked to be an interested party in the court hearings had something to do with trying to get access to know  what Jamie was doing with Britney's land...

It feels as if we need to plot the real estate deals on a map.

ProPublica created this really great interactive doc a few years back that made me think about it.

https://projects.propublica.org/louisiana/

Mapping is an amazing way to dig up dirt that researchers rarely think about.

• Love 1

"Ebadi alleged that Jamie Spears engaged in "self-dealing," pointing to the land where the Spears family home was built in Kentwood, Louisiana.

Britney Spears had bought the lot from bank foreclosure in 2002 for $56,000 through a limited liability company named Bridgemore Timber.

According to the declaration, Jamie Spears asked the court in 2017 to buy the property from his daughter’s estate for more than $59,000, saying it was a tax burden, even though the tax on the land was less than $57 in 2016.

He then sold the lot with two other parcels of land for $275,000 last year, Ebadi testified.

Jamie Spears was also alleged to have sold land owned by Bridgemore while he was co-managing the company. The transactions are alleged to have included the sale of a 154.57-acre lot to his niece and his nephew at a loss of nearly $300,00 in 2016, the declaration said."

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/britney-spears-says-father-took-millions-conservatorship-rcna12694

• Like 2

The land transactions for the family home began in 2016...Wallet submitted his "Third Supplement" in April 2017, so there were at least two prior requests from the court in 2016.

And then it looks like Bridgemore Timber sold other parcels of land in 2016...I know Paxton was posting about this over in the "Lynne Spears" thread so I'll have to check it out there when I get a chance.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It feels as if we need to plot the real estate deals on a map.

ProPublica created this really great interactive doc a few years back that made me think about it.

https://projects.propublica.org/louisiana/

Mapping is an amazing way to dig up dirt that researchers rarely think about.

Wow! How do you know about this stuff!? Looks like a great tool and ❤️ Propublica

but it might not be just Jamie to look out for. One of the MYRIAD of problems with Reva Goetz allowing CON to report net cash instead of net income is that the CONs could have been paying themselves in real assets (like land) and transaction would not even show up on the accountings.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Wow! How do you know about this stuff!? Looks like a great tool and ❤️ Propublica

but it might not be just Jamie to look out for. One of the MYRIAD of problems with Reva Goetz allowing CON to report net cash instead of net income is that the CONs could have been paying themselves in real assets (like land) and transaction would not even show up on the accountings.

Jamie, Larry, Lou, and Robin and any companies they owned need to be scrutinized.

let’s also add Adam Leber to the list of scrutiny.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I wonder if James Spears ever threatened to sell Serenity?

That would sure light a fire under Lynne's butt to get involved, wouldn't it?

Dean Norris Reaction GIF by CBS
Lynne’s lifestyle was always at Jamie’s mercy. He had the legal authority to cut her off financially and basically take Serenity away from her. I think Lynne knew she’d made a mistake in listening to Lou & Jamie getting a conservatorship over Britney as early as 1/2009, which as I recall, was around the time Jordan reported that Lynne and Jamie got into a heated spat about either Britney or something regarding the cship/Britney. Jamie went rogue fast with Lou, Larry, Edan, Jive and probate court practically aiding and abetting him. Even though Lynne and Britney aren’t on good terms I don’t think Lynne’s in jeopardy of losing her home but I can see Britney cutting her off financially. So Lynne can breathe a sigh of relief about not having to worry about having a roof over her head.

• Love 5