This Day in Pop: 'Hold It Against Me' music video premieres in 2011 (February 17)

5 hours ago, PeterPaul said:

I actually didn’t know this song until I became a stan and now this definitely it one of my favorites!!!!! And the vid is so special :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

Hide contents

In my defense I was like 10 when it was released :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I was 5 when BOMT and I've known Britney ever since :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: jk, at least you've had plenty of time to catch up with her videography 

• Love 3

I know you got shaded in another post that we shall not mention :taylor_swift_evil_smile: but I wanna say thanks for these nostalgic posts. I :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: them and love memories.

Anyway, back to HIAM. Isn’t it ironic that Erika Jayne was the body double in this MV and now shes divorcing her well known California attorney Tom Girardi. Heres where it gets weird...Tom is being investigated for embezzling millions of dollars and now he’s all of a sudden in the early stages of dementia...so now the California courts have granted his request to be put into a...CONservatorship :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Like 3

HIAM music video has a special place in my heart, I used to watch MTV near lunch time everyday and my mom, who was treating a cancer, used to lay down on the couch to see the top10 music videos of the day with me. We used to bet on what place HIAM would end up. Great times, plase send Brit Brit good energies from above mom.

• Love 5

The song that made me a fan 10 years ago. I was really into EDM/Dubstep at the time and when I heard the beat, Britney's sultry vocals, the song composition and that BRIDGE/breakdown, oh my. I remember blasting this song through my speakers. Poor neighbours. 

I remember being a bit let down by the music video - too many fast shots, too much product placement, no dancebreak. But I mean, the hype was REAL with this one. The teasers were a killer. I grew to like it though. The symbolism is really good. It's one of her artsy videos. 

I sincerely hope she performs this song again some day. 

Btw Brian did an amazing job with the choreography. I've always loved it - the dancers, the composition. The final chorus dance break. So good! It's one of the more technical choreographies. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3