This Day in Pop: 'Hold It Against Me' music video premieres in 2011 (February 17)

2 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I always remember hearing rumours around that time of her being really upset on set. She looks really tired and medicated in this video and I always wonder if she had bad memories from this whole time in her life hence why she doesn’t perform HIAM.

It’s definitely one of her better videos but she looks sad in it and you can tell there’s inner pain.

she definitely looks off on camera, but somehow she looks genuinely happy with the director :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I remember being a bit let down by the music video - too many fast shots, too much product placement, no dancebreak. But I mean, the hype was REAL with this one. The teasers were a killer. I grew to like it though. The symbolism is really good. It's one of her artsy videos. 

100% this for me. Most of the time she looks like she doesn’t want to be there 🥺

Love the song and appreciate the video! 

• Like 3
  • 11 months later...
  • Super Mods

This is one of her best songs imo,

its just so great and the breakdown before the final chorus is just AMAZING!

The video however is ok I guess.

Like other comments say:

She looks off in this video and all the editing is just so rushed and fast that u dont even get to see her dance at the end.

But I do like the symbolism of the music videos, her career and the rainbow paint ruining the wedding dress.

I think whoever came up with the concept really thought it through

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

The way you’re stanning for HIAM rn! :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: The Godna era does not let up! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

If you only knew how big of an HIAM stan I was in 2011. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Now I skip it almost every time it comes on. :saywat-towelney: It still gives me a lot of memories though. :matches: I just don’t like the way they layered her vocals in the chorus of the song. It needed more harmonies. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:
Matter of fact, I’m listening to it right now after so long and it’s making me so nostalgic. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

If you only knew how big of an HIAM stan I was in 2011. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Now I skip it almost every time it comes on. :saywat-towelney: It still gives me a lot of memories though. :matches: I just don’t like the way they layered her vocals in the chorus of the song. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:
Matter of fact, I’m listening to it right now after so long and it’s making me so nostalgic. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Yes, the way nostalgia makes me feel about this song! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I remember being enthralled with the multi day rollout of the song! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: And the way I bought the song from iTunes and put it on my 3rd generation iPod Nano! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: High school me had a ball with this bop! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Yes, the way nostalgia makes me feel about this song! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I remember being enthralled with the multi day rollout of the song! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: And the way I bought the song from iTunes and put it on my 3rd generation iPod Nano! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: High school me had a ball with this bop! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

The hype for HIAM, its video and FF was truly a moment I’ll never forget. Take me back. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
On 2/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, PokemonSpears said:

After the shooting of the video, TMZ released some accusations that said they had to use a body double for Britney because she didn't learn her moves. They also claimed she left the set crying after the first day of shooting, but her party denied it: "The accusations could not be further from the truth. Britney worked extremely hard on this video and rehearsed for six weeks prior to shooting. Brit and Jonas got along great. ... Fans will immediately see how inaccurate these claims are once they see the video.

well TMZ is trash...

however knowing now the reality of it all back then i actually kinda believe this would happen

since Britney did not want to be a part of all this to begin with 

Even though the song went #1, I think the video is still an under appreciated gem in her videography. It’s a really powerful video, though not always for great reasons. Even so, it’s a work of art that embodies so much of her world during the height of the cships imperial era. It’s surreal, artsy, scary, violent, lifeless, beautiful, forced, self aware, ominous, and kind of hopeful.

• Love 2