Bebe Rexha: Grammys are given to those who paid the Recording Academy off

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Bebe Rexha wants to know why Meant To Be, featuring Florida Georgia Line, was not nominated for a Grammy.

She basically flat-out says it's because she thinks the Grammys get that money, honey. WBK though. 

Honestly, the Grammys are legit kinda irrelevant to me, but as a community leader of a pop music news/Britney site we gotta discuss it. 

Thoughts, Exhale? Did she spill? :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

bebe.jpg.a938dcdd4c9e1d3a2b445f296f65e537.jpg

bebe.jpg.a938dcdd4c9e1d3a2b445f296f65e537.jpg

Of course the artist who didn’t get the award is complaining. I hate when artists blame it on other factors when they don’t win or get nominated. Maybe the song that won was just better than yours. Move on. And no, the academy isn’t ‘corrupt’ or ‘racist’ if they didn’t nominate you. 

I hate this kind of confident ‘I deserved it’ attitude.

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Is anyone gonna tell this girl she isn’t that great of a song writer? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

Anyway, I think its a mixture of showing up and kissing arse at events. Doing favors and making connections + donations :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

No award show wants their prestigious awards to an artist that won’t create buzz around their show, right? :beysip_sipping_drink_hoodie_starbucks_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_giggle_cackle_cackling_laughing_lmao:

The weeknd learned that one, plus let's be honest most of these stars win better at the fan voted ones, although the teen choice awards went thru a scandal when Cameron Dallas revealed that he wasn't going to win, and that an outsider chooses the winner. 

• Like 1

I also believe if you are represented by Scooter Braun, best believe you don't get nominated. I KNOW justin won't after saying his Music is R&B, boy your label went to the pop fields, talk to your label, tell them they got it wrong. 

We all know pink spilled how Xtina won best new artist. 

Ron fair walks into the room, hi Which has the highest singing part, that's Xtina's part. 

Pink said hi, nice to meet u, the F she won't,  that's what the meeting is all about..

Ron Fair was the CEO of RCA Records,  given how Jive was an independent label being distributed by any label, that's why some pre In the zone when BMG bought Jive was on Virgin records or small Asian labels..

RCA had more power than an independent label that sought local distribution.  

2 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Of course the artist who didn’t get the award is complaining. I hate when artists blame it on other factors when they don’t win or get nominated. Maybe the song that won was just better than yours. Move on. And no, the academy isn’t ‘corrupt’ or ‘racist’ if they didn’t nominate you. 

I hate this kind of confident ‘I deserved it’ attitude.

That’s not true Kandi Burrus admitted that many times when they vote they vote without even hearing the songs! Kandi was in the group xscape and wrote songs for TLC and Destiny’s Child! 

She confirmed it’s a popularity contest and people just pick a name!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.revolt.tv/platform/amp/big-facts/2021/1/20/22241164/kandi-grammys-nominations-process

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block