Pretty Girls Demo (Heart in My Pocket) Originally Sung by Charli XCX resurfaces

6 hours ago, GregReid said:

Pretty girls was written by Little Mix

And these are the lyrics they sing when asked about it in an interview:

So I'm pretty sure what's been posted here is just a mash up of the instrumental and Charlie XCX's acapella from something no?

or maybe this beat was passed round and people just wrote their own lyrics on top of it?

(also don't judge Little Mix on this song if you haven't listened to them because their music is bloody AMAZING And just as a whole they're literally 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🔥🔥🔥 I highly recommend)

You see that song would’ve worked for them and their fan base, they’re all about female empowerment, and the way they sing it makes it sound more like one

4 hours ago, Mansos said:

this has been around for at least 3 years. 
It wasn't a demo for Pretty Girls neither a mashup as some people claim it to be.

The instrumental is a production by The Invisible Man and supposed to be featured in a song (Heart In My Pocket - recorded in 2013) for Charli XCX's third record that ended up being fully cancelled due to leaking of the entire studio sessions and other personal files of Charli.

In 2014/2015 Little Mix wrote new lyrics for the song along with Azalea with the initial producers The Invisible Man and using the same "Heart In My Pocket" instrumental as it was an unreleased/unused track. This new version was presented to Britney's team and they took a chance on it.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

THANKS FOR CLARIFYING.

I wasn't aware of all of this, and I loooooooooooooooooove Charli, so it's nice to have the facts straight.

Can we please post this info in the original post? Otherwise this thread is a misguiding mess.

• Like 1

The song was produced with The Invisible Men, who Charli had worked with (Fancy, No Angel, etc.) Shes a prolific songwriter so she probably just recorded her version over the instrumental to send to other artists or possibly release herself. This version was recorded in 2013 so it was probably the same sessions as Fancy. It never got used so the track was reimagined when little mix got a hold of the beat, and then Britney liked the track and got iggy on it

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

THANKS FOR CLARIFYING.

I wasn't aware of all of this, and I loooooooooooooooooove Charli, so it's nice to have the facts straight.

Can we please post this info in the original post? Otherwise this thread is a misguiding mess.

I'll edit :)

• Love 1

Cute.  :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

But Pretty Girls really is that bit ch.. 
She does it all and gives the money back.  :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

Although as infamous it is as a single, it’s kinda the perfect pop hit. PG is catchy, silly, memorable for radio, it’s lyrics are sing-along easy and its got a popular rap feature.
It’s also very comparable to an already established hit (Fancy) so it would gain spins and interest just because of that.

I like song, and I enjoy it for what it is. It’s not that deep and was the last time she had a nice hit on the radio. I heard it a lot that summer and other people knew it too. 
That’s it, another Slay for The Memorable Pop Hit Queen.  💅🏻

I'm still not a fan of the beat, it's too repetitive.  But I think the lyrics in this version made the song better and would have sounded good with Brit's voice. 

PG lyrics fit Little Mix more than Britney/Iggy because it's more of a young girl group song not a duo.

11 hours ago, Mansos said:

this has been around for at least 3 years. 
It wasn't a demo for Pretty Girls neither a mashup as some people claim it to be.

The instrumental is a production by The Invisible Man and supposed to be featured in a song (Heart In My Pocket - recorded in 2013) for Charli XCX's third record that ended up being fully cancelled due to leaking of the entire studio sessions and other personal files of Charli.

In 2014/2015 Little Mix wrote new lyrics for the song along with Azalea with the initial producers The Invisible Man and using the same "Heart In My Pocket" instrumental as it was an unreleased/unused track. This new version was presented to Britney's team and they took a chance on it.

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

11 hours ago, Isla said:

Don’t think this is new, I remember hearing it years ago. And as pointed out already, it wasn’t a demo for Pretty Girls, rather an unreleased Charli XCX song with the same instrumental. 

Just saw these. Exactly right. 

• Love 1