Madison Beer releases her debut album, “Life Support”

Towelney

6 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

Oh she is a singer?

I had no idea tbh, I thought she is just another kardashian lookalike instagram influencer.

Never heard any of her songs but naming album "Life Support" in the age of world pandemic and super sensitive online audience is a choice for sure

Some artist would name their songs Oxygen or Food or Money people will still think it’s insensitive. 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I never cared to listen to her because I remember her coming out with Justin Bieber years ago and I don’t **** with Bieber and his basic pop made for the charts songs but I came across the BOYSHIZ video and pleasantly surprised with the vocals, visuals, and overall it’s just a solid pop tune. 

I’ve officially been persuaded to give Madison Beer a chance and I’m excited for the album :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• 3 weeks later...

this is one of the best pop albums released within the last few years. i'm disappointed that the songs are quite short overall but it doesn't really matter because of how excellent they all are.

life support is a weird mix between "thank u, next," "when we all fall asleep, where do we go," and "plastic hearts." there are also some haley reinhart, melanie martinez, and lana del rey influences mixed in there as well. it has the dark, emotional parts of TUN, the experimental elements of WWAFAWDWG, and the classic rock touches from PH. all of these put together sound bizarre but i truly think it works. despite having 17 songs, they all sound cohesive while not sounding like clones of each other. that is something most artists never accomplish, especially on their DEBUT albums. i know i compared the album to TUN, but madison is a completely different artist than ariana. madison is definitely inspired by her (very apparent vocally) but it's just that, inspiration. this album should definitely put to rest any of the "madison is an ariana clone!!!!" ideas...because it is very clear she is not. 

overall, i love this album a lot. she touched on everything from toxic relationships, love, mental health, and more. it doesn't feel fake deep at all, just her sharing her story. please give this album a chance if you liked any of the other projects i mentioned above!

my favourites are (in no particular order):

follow the white rabbit

sour times

stained glass

emotional bruises

everything happens for a reason

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this album!! Some of the songs are a bit too short, however i didnt feel like any of them dragged for too long atleast or i didnt rly get bored while listening to it. It is a good body of work with interesting production and some clever lyrics. I think this is one of the better pop releases in 2020 and 2021. Madison deserves more credit as an artist. Might just be best album of this year so far. For the Ariana comparisions I didnt enjoy positions at all and I couldnt get through it in one listen, but i rly like Life support.  Well done Madsie

• Love 2

In a world where Ariana Grande is Britney, Madison is her Jessica Simpson. She's talented and very pretty, and she gives **** vibes way better than Ariana, which I just can't find **** at all. I feel like she needs something to stand out, being pretty and **** isn't enough I guess. but I don't know what could it be. Maybe if she could dance, but it's not something that is in today's pop stars.

Overall the album is very so so, it lacks identity honestly. It goes from Ariana, to Melanie Martinez in Blue, and it gets better only after half the album is done, by track 11 and forwards.

The songs that stand out are: Selfish, BOYSH**,  Baby, but that honestly doesn't define the album at all, these songs are quite distinctive from the rest of the album. 

She's so pretty in this. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: It's a very good look for her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block