Britney Did NOT Steal 'Perfume' Credits!

Arckangel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Exactly this. BJ has been appropriately paid dust. And it's absolutely no coincidence at all that they did NOT invite Myah back for Glory.

I think in a way Britney herself might have felt ashamed for "her" output with BJ. It might have lit a fire under her *** to release something of quality as I am sure even if she wanted to retire she may have at least wanted to go out on top. 

But I agree with you. Britney was 100% checked out at that point. So her taking that much of an active role in BJ makes no sense to me. Of course we can go with the fan rumors that the record label in the end always ended up going in a different direction so Britney would always lose interest/give up. And maybe she initially started to write for said eras. Who knows? But they even gave her writing credit on SITS. Honestly after the BJ debacle I look at every writing credit other than Someday, Everytime, and My Baby kind of sideways. I do like to believe she had a heavy writing influence on In the Zone. She's listed as executive producer for Blackout but at the end of the day who knows? She did seem to at least be trying to take creative control in that era (look at her outline for Piece of Me music video that leaked in the e-mails.) But anything past Blackout at this point I am just like 

tell the truth GIF

To me if you're taking credit for creating fashion designs that you didn't design, and are given credit to a whole album you didn't write it just makes me skeptical. Prior to Britney Jean people actually praised Britney for not jacking other people's song writing credits like other artists! I really don't blame her for any of this. Her team has been managing her in the worst most unprofessional way since Femme Fatale. 

Keri Hilson revealed in the 10 year anniversary interviews for Blackout for The Fader that Britney seemed to have little involvement in the Blackout too:

The songs that we created [“Gimme More,” “Break the Ice,” “Perfect Lover,” “Outta This World”] were very much part of a time where we would get very little of Britney. She did not write on any of the songs that we did — we would create, and I would lay a demo while we awaited her arrival. I’m on the background of everything that we did, just because she wanted to focus on her delivery and her lead vocal. When we played her my demo of “Break the Ice,” she didn’t want to do the back- ground. Honestly, I think she said some- thing like, “it sounds like me anyway.”

So I'm not convinced that the "executive producer" title even meant anything. However, Danja did say that Britney would be dancing to the music while singing, and so he could tell what kind of music he should be making for her based off of what she already liked. Keri said that Britney would give 100% in the studio and was "given direction that she did not want the music to mimic her personal life." So, maybe the executive producer title was given to give Britney credit for commanding the direction of the album. But shouldn't most artists be doing that for all of their albums? It is their music/music written for them after all.

Julia Michaels also said in that interview:

I don’t think people realize how involved she is in the studio. Pop instincts are so ingrained in her brain that you play a guitar and she will sing the most incredible melody. She’ll have a concept ready, she’ll have lyrics ready. I don’t think people give her enough credit. They’ve seen her as “Britney Spears” and an incredible performer, dancer. I don’t think they know that she can write. While we were working on Glory, literally everything she was saying sounded like the radio. We were like, “Yup. We’re using that. Yup. That’s done.” It was incredible.

So maybe Britney is just more involved than we're giving her credit for or are able to see. But like you mention, when she probably didn't really design the Candies line and the fact that she let someone else sing the songs she supposedly wrote for herself, along with the fact that sometimes Britney seems passionate (Circus, Glory) and other times seems like she desperately wants out of the business (FF, BJ), makes it really hard to figure out what's real or what's not regarding what she actually gets credit for.

Not to mention the gaslighting and lies her family and team have been propagating to fans for the last 13 years.

4 hours ago, Avatar said:

I agree, unless that one word changes the whole song. Didn't they say that Born To Make You Happy was originally DIE to make you happy? lol

The song was rewritten by Britney's demand because they were some explicit ***ual references. I never heard of that supposed tittle. 

14 hours ago, Puppy said:

I agree , Hold On Tight is very much like someday and what the real Britney would sing about. It felt very natural. 

never believed she wrote perfume, she was hyping it up in interviews so you know it was Larry trying to ride the Sia trend, you know damn well he pushed for that when Britney wanted Alien as she pushed to have it on the POM set list and saying it was gonna be a single anyways.

9 hours ago, Louis_j said:

I guess we will never know since they faked the credits for the entire album.

But her input was very minimal on that song if she had one. Same for Alien. The demo just lacked a verse.

I think she wrote on It Should Be Easy, Till It's Gone, Don't Cry, Chillin' With U, Hold On Tight, Brighest Morning Star and Now That I Found You.

Which is 7 on 13 songs. There was no need to fake the writing credits.

9 hours ago, Louis_j said:

I feel like a singer should have a writing credit if he comes with the concept of the song, even if he doesn't write a single word. That's a hard job to do and not everyone can do it. Also if he comes with the melodies.

But tweaking a couple of words in an already elaborated song doesn't deserve a writing credit to me. 

9 hours ago, Avatar said:

I agree, unless that one word changes the whole song. Didn't they say that Born To Make You Happy was originally DIE to make you happy? lol

9 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I don't believe she wrote on a single track for Britney Jean. Sorry, I just don't. 

Myah Marie is the last person I'd believe on anything. 

Like most people have said on here most of the songs existed almost fully complete by the time they made it to Britney's "team."

And then there was the slip up that she apparently (according to her) doesn't know how to play the piano?

That's not what we were led to believe in the beginning. Even with a song on Glory on her IG last year she said something like "I helped write this song" not "I co-wrote this song." I don't know...sadly lately I don't believe much on how they've sold her in the past. But hey if the only songs she's ever written are Everytime and Someday I Will Understand then those are great. That's two more songs than I've ever written at least. lol 

8 hours ago, Urbanney said:

:well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black: :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black: :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:

This.

Sorry, I just can’t believe that Britney (or anyone) would let someone else sing the songs that she supposedly wrote and were supposedly her most personal songs. And for Britney Jean being supposedly her most personal album, it sure was an era that got dropped quick and hasn’t been really used in POM/tours since.

Britney Jean, to me, is just something else she felt forced to do under the conservatorship. I don’t think she wrote much or any of it, and I don’t think she cared for it at all.

6 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Exactly this. BJ has been appropriately paid dust. And it's absolutely no coincidence at all that they did NOT invite Myah back for Glory.

I think in a way Britney herself might have felt ashamed for "her" output with BJ. It might have lit a fire under her *** to release something of quality as I am sure even if she wanted to retire she may have at least wanted to go out on top. 

But I agree with you. Britney was 100% checked out at that point. So her taking that much of an active role in BJ makes no sense to me. Of course we can go with the fan rumors that the record label in the end always ended up going in a different direction so Britney would always lose interest/give up. And maybe she initially started to write for said eras. Who knows? But they even gave her writing credit on SITS. Honestly after the BJ debacle I look at every writing credit other than Someday, Everytime, and My Baby kind of sideways. I do like to believe she had a heavy writing influence on In the Zone. She's listed as executive producer for Blackout but at the end of the day who knows? She did seem to at least be trying to take creative control in that era (look at her outline for Piece of Me music video that leaked in the e-mails.) But anything past Blackout at this point I am just like 

tell the truth GIF

To me if you're taking credit for creating fashion designs that you didn't design, and are given credit to a whole album you didn't write it just makes me skeptical. Prior to Britney Jean people actually praised Britney for not jacking other people's song writing credits like other artists! I really don't blame her for any of this. Her team has been managing her in the worst most unprofessional way since Femme Fatale. 

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Keri Hilson revealed in the 10 year anniversary interviews for Blackout for The Fader that Britney seemed to have little involvement in the Blackout too:

So I'm not convinced that the "executive producer" title even meant anything. However, Danja did say that Britney would be dancing to the music while singing, and so he could tell what kind of music he should be making for her based off of what she already liked. Keri said that Britney would give 100% in the studio and was "given direction that she did not want the music to mimic her personal life." So, maybe the executive producer title was given to give Britney credit for commanding the direction of the album. But shouldn't most artists be doing that for all of their albums? It is their music/music written for them after all.

So maybe Britney is just more involved than we're giving her credit for or are able to see. But like you mention, when she probably didn't really design the Candies line and the fact that she let someone else sing the songs she supposedly wrote for herself, along with the fact that sometimes Britney seems passionate (Circus, Glory) and other times seems like she desperately wants out of the business (FF, BJ), makes it really hard to figure out what's real or what's not regarding what she actually gets credit for.

Not to mention the gaslighting and lies her family and team have been propagating to fans for the last 13 years.

As a response to all of these posts, In the Zone is the ONLY studio album she's released that showcases her as an artist, since she did compose one of the hit singles (Guy Sigsworth also confirmed but evidence trumps words)...

(And the music video undermines Larry Rudolph's ENTIRE career as a manger, which is also good.)

Moreover, we are STILL waiting for Annet to upload her OWN instrumental melody/riff on any musical instrument...

(1:50)

8 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Britney has been demonstrating time and time again that she hasn’t been wanting to do what she’s been doing for the most of the past 15 years. Whether it was her marriage to Jason Alexander or K-Fed, her writing letters saying she thinks she would rather start developing other artists/her own label, to seemingly self-sabotaging and/or just trying to rebel and gain control with the head-shaving, to her looking miserable during the FF era and releasing an album that had no actual connection to her real personal life and was basically a Dr. Luke/Max Martin album, to letting someone else sing her album for her while marketing the album as her most personal, to her saying for years that she is most excited in her life to settle down and have a family. 

And this is where I've been consistent in pointing out where blame lies with Britney.  She maximized all she could with a major record label following In The Zone. 

She started out as a solo teen female pop star.  

Her audience was going to keep declining no matter what. (How many solo teen female pop stars have ever had longevity)  

Her knee injury for a song she didn't even want as a single should have also been another signal for big changes.  Marrying K-fed but still living in L.A. is not real rebellion.  Marrying K-fed but moving to Idaho or Montana and leaving her label would have been a real rebellion. (Don't necessarily think she should have married him, but that would have been a real rebellion)

If she wasn't going to start her own record label, she blatantly should have re-negotiated her record contract with Jive around 2004-2005 to give her more autonomy in all aspects of her career (image, music breaks OUT of the public eye); she HAD to have had the LEVERAGE TO DO SO.

2006-2008 probably would have never ever happened.  Of course we know why she was in the spotlight for 10 straight years from 1999-2008 that damaged her mental health: Her contractual obligations.  

Since it's obviously all in the past, she should enjoy her life at this point.

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I don't like to say much about her role on blackout but I do wonder How much she was really involved. I always thought the label allowed her to be the EP because she had no team at the time (Larry) and they probably didn't trust the project after what was going on with her life.

Most of songs she wrote were cut from the album, maybe It was her decision, but it's weird that  blackout has only two songs with her credits on.

The stories about her leaving fast the studio and never come back (it's Britney ***** idea came from this, allegedly).

At the same time maybe we should give her more credit, we really don't know what happened during the time. She seems to enjoy more songs from that album than from FF and bj.

I think Britney never had the opportunity to make things on her career that she truly wanted, on her way. This fact alone probably did affect her passion for being an artist, must be very frustrating and her team nowadays doesn't need her to release something... She's gone, but she is still alive.

She most likely is used to be a machine to make money, to promote anything Larry and the label wants, and be the femme fatale people expect her to be.

• Super Mods
18 hours ago, Circuit said:

I remember a documentary or interview that Sia did in 2014 where she alluded to writing all of Perfume…does anyone else remember this??

edit: 5:30

The only BJ writing credit I’m convinced of is hold on tight tbh cause didn’t she say that her friend Afro Jack came over with a guitar and helped write it with her??

Sia’s voice is kinda cringe. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

4 hours ago, Buffybot said:

I don't like to say much about her role on blackout but I do wonder How much she was really involved. I always thought the label allowed her to be the EP because she had no team at the time (Larry) and they probably didn't trust the project after what was going on with her life.

Most of songs she wrote were cut from the album, maybe It was her decision, but it's weird that  blackout has only two songs with her credits on.

The stories about her leaving fast the studio and never come back (it's Britney ***** idea came from this, allegedly).

At the same time maybe we should give her more credit, we really don't know what happened during the time. She seems to enjoy more songs from that album than from FF and bj.

I think Britney never had the opportunity to make things on her career that she truly wanted, on her way. This fact alone probably did affect her passion for being an artist, must be very frustrating and her team nowadays don't need her to release something... She's gone, but she is still alive.

She most likely is used to be a machine to make money, to promote anything Larry and the label wants, and be the femme fatale people expect her to be.

9 hours ago, Urbanney said:

One of the biggest mistakes that I constantly see record labels make is believing that radio hits is equivalent to more longevity.

This is a blatant lie, and do you want to know what the biggest proof of this is?:

Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

Ray of Light literally fully rejuvenated Madonna's career. The lingering effects of this album on her career literally would cause her to get three of her biggest hits ever in the 2000's: Music, Hung Up, and 4 Minutes. Even Give Me All Your Luvin' got some notable success in the following decade. Radio hits =/= longevity. Acclaimed music = longevity.

The point: Record labels have to stop forcing their artists to make the most radio friendly hits possible for success. It had been consistently proven (once again, with Ray of Light being the biggest example) that critical acclaim is far more important to an artist if they want to have longevity. Just listen to the Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) demos for Britney Jean. They were unlike anything that she had ever done before (even Baby Boy isn't as brooding as 10 Seconds, not that Baby Boy is bad, of course). How about also when she wrote more controversial lyrics from 2003 - 2006 like with Money Love and Happiness, Rebellion, and Ouch! ? Her record label has done so much damage towards her chances at being an acclaimed artist. Don't even get me started on the forced baby voice when she literally impressed Jive Records in the 90's with a rendition of I Will Always Love You of all songs.

5 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I get the vibe that if Glory was rolled out the way SHE wanted it to be rolled out (the original photoshoot, the video) we would’ve gotten more passion from her in interviews. Everything after Make Me’s release seemed......off. She looked like she was having fun! But something was bothering her. I think it’s the fact that her artistic direction was blocked. Yeah she chose all the music, but not the image. When I first heard Glory my first reaction was “holy **** I haven’t heard Britney in YEARS” because this sounded more like the girl who I familiarized myself with 15+ years ago.

Blackout, while an amazing album, doesn’t deserve as much praise as it gets. Her involvement on that album is little to none. With that said, however, she did choose all the stuff she wanted to record and had fun doing it. Frank Sinatra and Elvis didn’t write any of their music but he sounded amazing on all of it. Same can be said for Blackout. She wanted to be there.

*I do have a theory about the Blackout era*. Songs like Little Me, Rebellion, and others that she wrote were submitted for the album but they didn’t pick them because they weren’t radio friendly. If I recall, even though Britney is credited as executive producer, she didn’t pick the track list. I can’t remember where I read it but I remember someone said she essentially dumped a bunch of songs off at Jive and said “this is it!” And left and they were the ones who picked the final track list before sending them off to be final mastered. This would explain the Blackout leak including songs like State of Grace and 911. Those songs just weren’t picked. 

6 minutes ago, Britney2001 said:

Don't even get me started on the forced baby voice when she literally impressed Jive Records in the 90's with a rendition of I Will Always Love You of all songs.

I get the point you’re trying to make but if I’m not mistaken a Jive employee exec said her cover was “out of tune” and “mediocre”. It was when she would go into her head voice (the baby voice) that they thought she would be good for pop music. Also if I’m not mistaken her looks also got her in. An exec said when they saw her they thought “she was that sweet little girl next door who you wanted to do horrible things to” or something. Just gross all the way around.

I guess the point I’m trying to make here is that while Britney isn’t “the strongest singer” or the best writer or whatever, her label has always been afraid to let her take chances which isn’t fair. While she may not be the next Mariah, she is still her own unique and powerful artist with awesome visions (when they let her show them off). Even though she has no writing credits on Blackout and her actual involvement is up for debate, the one certain thing is that’s the direction she wanted to go in and now that album is credited for single handedly  changing the music scene in the 2010s

6 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

I get the point you’re trying to make but if I’m not mistaken a Jive employee exec said her cover was “out of tune” and “mediocre”. It was when she would go into her head voice (the baby voice) that they thought she would be good for pop music. Also if I’m not mistaken her looks also got her in. An exec said when they saw her they thought “she was that sweet little girl next door who you wanted to do horrible things to” or something. Just gross all the way around.

I guess the point I’m trying to make here is that while Britney isn’t “the strongest singer” or the best writer or whatever, her label has always been afraid to let her take chances which isn’t fair. While she may not be the next Mariah, she is still her own unique and powerful artist with awesome visions (when they let her show them off). Even though she has no writing credits on Blackout and her actual involvement is up for debate, the one certain thing is that’s the direction she wanted to go in and now that album is credited for single handedly  changing the music scene in the 2010s

If that's the case, then her label should have realized that as a 15/16 year old girl, they should have put her with a vocal coach that could really have made her good. It is not bad to be a more iffy vocalist when you are younger, because your voice still isn't mature yet. Then again, her performance of "Love Can Build a Bridge" suggests that she may have just had an audition where she was a bit off, but who knows.

I always wanted to believe Britney was involved in the writing of Perfume somehow. I don’t think she ‘stole’ credits because she’s never been that type of person. She seems to let others take the credit for her at times. It’s plausible she came up with the song’s concept and Sia wrote the lyrics but felt Britney’s contribution warranted a credit. I think the same happened with Dear Diary.

also you can technically be credited as a co-writer if you helped with the song’s melody/arrangement, even if you provided no lyrics. 

11 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I don't believe she wrote on a single track for Britney Jean. Sorry, I just don't. 

Myah Marie is the last person I'd believe on anything. 

Like most people have said on here most of the songs existed almost fully complete by the time they made it to Britney's "team."

I still to this day think there is something very sinister about selling the album as Britney's "most personal" and then delivering a shockingly horrible album with only 15% of her vocals. I believe adding her name to all writing credits was an additional form of sabotage as if to make her take the blame for the whole debacle. This is an album where they have someone else duet with her sister and try to pass it off as a moment between the two. I can't look at this album as anything other than the giant abomination it is.

And unfortunately it has casted doubt on Britney's songwriting skills for me. I definitely look at it sideways now. I used to buy into the narrative that Britney would never take songwriting credit for things she wouldn't do. But now I am not so sure. I mean we know she was selling her Candie's collection as if she designed all of it when in fact she probably did not. And then there was the slip up that she apparently (according to her) doesn't know how to play the piano?

That's not what we were led to believe in the beginning. Even with a song on Glory on her IG last year she said something like "I helped write this song" not "I co-wrote this song." I don't know...sadly lately I don't believe much on how they've sold her in the past. But hey if the only songs she's ever written are Everytime and Someday I Will Understand then those are great. That's two more songs than I've ever written at least. lol 

I see it this way

Britney wrote Whiplash that Selena Gomez picked up. It’s a great bop. Britney Spears is a Grammy Awarded Musician. I personally don’t feed into the hate some of her colleagues spew. They are more often egotistical and believe they deserve more praise so they try to belittle other artists craft. I think BJ started out great but then she wasn’t that into it... she was polite and finished but spit it out. Maybe with the album and intense stress from the show, critics, lawyers, executives, doctors, conservatorship issues, training, dieting, and fans bashing her looks online All That probably got to her. Maybe they were just trying to finish up the album and contractual agreements once it wasn’t getting the response they hoped. I personally think a majority of fans dropped the ball on Britney Jean, its a good album, yes it was mishandled and not perfect and there is some paper and glue showing but I think a lot of the things fans dont like where poor label choices. Drama got in the way because people expected a performance in the desert 🌵I think fans had such a fit they wouldn’t let it go. Fans bullied her looks and mad fun of her anxiety and it got so bad she called out people at her shows.. So an Era and album that was already put on the back burner to a residency that reinvigorated the vagas strip and a new lingerie line got lost and under appreciated. A common theme I see is that her projects start off great but then fall apart before the finish line. I think britney is changing those team issues that have been causing her to trip as we speak in court. An Era is only as awesome as fans make it. (Blackout). The more we get into it the more the labels will invest in promotions and cool ****. The more fun we have the more fun Britney will have. I think too often we go in as critics instead of just the audience. We fuss over tiny things and miss the entire show. Like the Glory Era. I support Britney but I will not let my assumptions interfere with her legacy. Thats just me tho. I get other peoples views and totally respect them even tho I have different conclusions.

I believe this has made fans way more appreciative of all her hard work. When she choses to return to the stage it’s going to be such a celebration 😍

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Everything about her is cringe. Her one good song and only moment where she doesn't bug the **** out of me is "Breathe Me."

Her voice is something else. And I don't mean that in a good way.

The most I can give her is that she appears to be a good songwriter and has written some bops. But that’s it. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:
Like listening to her sing just makes me wonder why people like her voice? :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

2 hours ago, Britney2001 said:

One of the biggest mistakes that I constantly see record labels make is believing that radio hits is equivalent to more longevity.

This is a blatant lie, and do you want to know what the biggest proof of this is?:

Ray_of_Light_Madonna.png

Ray of Light literally fully rejuvenated Madonna's career. The lingering effects of this album on her career literally would cause her to get three of her biggest hits ever in the 2000's: Music, Hung Up, and 4 Minutes. Even Give Me All Your Luvin' got some notable success in the following decade. Radio hits =/= longevity. Acclaimed music = longevity.

The point: Record labels have to stop forcing their artists to make the most radio friendly hits possible for success. It had been consistently proven (once again, with Ray of Light being the biggest example) that critical acclaim is far more important to an artist if they want to have longevity. Just listen to the Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) demos for Britney Jean. They were unlike anything that she had ever done before (even Baby Boy isn't as foreboding as 10 Seconds, not that Baby Boy is bad, of course). How about also when she wrote more controversial lyrics from 2003 - 2006 like with Money Love and Happiness, Rebellion, and Ouch! ? Her record label has done so much damage towards her chances at being an acclaimed artist. Don't even get me started on the forced baby voice when she literally impressed Jive Records in the 90's with a rendition of I Will Always Love You of all songs.

I was so happy when I saw Dev Hynes sent demos... His sound would be great for her, but I believe she didn't even heard the songs.

The label and people like Larry tries to sell the "party *** teenage girl" music since forever.

Ray of Light is amazing, I'd love to see Britney with full control.

17 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

I see it this way

Britney wrote Whiplash that Selena Gomez picked up. It’s a great bop. Britney Spears is a Grammy Awarded Musician. I personally don’t feed into the hate some of her colleagues spew. They are more often egotistical and believe they deserve more praise so they try to belittle other artists craft. I think BJ started out great but then she wasn’t that into it... she was polite and finished but spit it out. Maybe with the album and intense stress from the show, critics, lawyers, executives, doctors, conservatorship issues, training, dieting, and fans bashing her looks online All That probably got to her. Maybe they were just trying to finish up the album and contractual agreements once it wasn’t getting the response they hoped. I personally think a majority of fans dropped the ball on Britney Jean, its a good album, yes it was mishandled and not perfect and there is some paper and glue showing but I think a lot of the things fans dont like where poor label choices. Drama got in the way because people expected a performance in the desert 🌵I think fans had such a fit they wouldn’t let it go. Fans bullied her looks and mad fun of her anxiety and it got so bad she called out people at her shows.. So an Era and album that was already put on the back burner to a residency that reinvigorated the vagas strip and a new lingerie line got lost and under appreciated. A common theme I see is that her projects start off great but then fall apart before the finish line. I think britney is changing those team issues that have been causing her to trip as we speak in court. An Era is only as awesome as fans make it. (Blackout). The more we get into it the more the labels will invest in promotions and cool ****. The more fun we have the more fun Britney will have. I think too often we go in as critics instead of just the audience. We fuss over tiny things and miss the entire show. Like the Glory Era. I support Britney but I will not let my assumptions interfere with her legacy. Thats just me tho. I get other peoples views and totally respect them even tho I have different conclusions.

I believe this has made fans way more appreciative of all her hard work. When she choses to return to the stage it’s going to be such a celebration 😍

Sorry, while I appreciate your post. It was not a good album. Fans didn't drop the ball at all in the era. They are already getting the absolute least. The least the label could do is (their job) and put out good music...

How exactly was it a good album? It was a weird mix of ***** **** and Jesus juice. The album was not cohesive at all. It had no direction. Every track sounded like an unfinished demo. Alien had a glitch. TI had a line about beating a ***** til somebody called PETA. The songs that stans cling onto for dear life (BMS & Hold on Tite) Britney does not sound very good in, if I'm being completely honest. The songs were horribly produced and mastered. 

Britney did bare minimum promo for Blackout and the album stands on its own. There is no excusing how bad Britney Jean was. In fact I would go on to wager that never in my life have I heard an album that bad. In fact, Britney Jean was so bad that it ruined her otherwise flawless metacritic score. It literally brought down her entire catalogue. Chilling with You is an abomination. I would understand if maybe 1 or 2 songs were not that great but the problem runs deep on the entire album. And to top it off you have Myah's struggle vocals invading from every corner. 

If Britney had actually put out a great or even just good album then that era would not be remembered with so much ire. Sometimes I fantasize and wonder what would life had been like if she would have released Glory right before PoM and after FF. Send me to that parallel universe, please. 

Archived