Why isn't Britney on Netflix?

e-mailmyheart

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

poncho-herrera.jpg

these are the only ones that reunited:

enepig3xyaeqq45.jpg?itok=VPJmOUM4

they used to be six

1274019_1_crop1580587196050.jpeg_7597101

Damn, I'm so sad Dulce and Poncho didn't come back. But at least we got Cristian and Maite. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Remember that "reality" tv show they made after the telenovela that was so obviously a scripted mockumentary that tried to set up Maite and Cristian as a couple? Because I do. :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Damn, I'm so sad Dulce and Poncho didn't come back. But at least we got Cristian and Maite. :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Remember that "reality" tv show they made after the telenovela that was so obviously a scripted mockumentary that tried to set up Maite and Cristian as a couple? Because I do. :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

that was so lame

I just finished watching the telenovela again, and in the final concert Christian kisses Maite just because the other two couples kissed too, and Maite gets all upset :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

14 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It's about the money and if Netflix has any interest..

The only thing you can stream about Britney is on Tubi and it's those unauthorized tabloid docs and the lifetime movie. 

Paramount (CBS owns crossroads, to get that to Stream is to pay fees for the music rights to get a license, @PokemonSpears brought that to our attention on how RBD got into streaming platforms, they had to renew a license and other legal Jumbo they let expire, cos they thought nobody would be a fan after they broke up and everybody grew up and became an adult and let that be a childhood past phase to regret)

It's all legal fees and Such. 

I guess HBO, Sony Music thinks Britney fans don't matter at all cos they're somewhat older who needs to let childhood stuff go. 

Like billboard said OG Britney fans range from turning 40 to going into middle age like Britney herself. 

I feel like you get what I’m saying. 

I think Britney still has some interest but I don’t think it’s with young ppl and young ppl are more likely to have their artists on Netflix than Britney... is all I’m saying. 

14 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I believe Britney, when she is able and willing to talk, would be able to get a documentary on Netflix if she wishes to do so. 

David Chapelle wasn't even "big" for a long time until Netflix paid for his comedy special. One can even say Shawn Mendez isn't as popular as he was even at this point last year. They just paid for a retelling of the story of Selena. Monique was going to get a comedy special on there as well until she was low balled. 

If there is room and interest for a train wreck like Tiger King on Netflix then I am absolutely sure that people who have been hearing about the Free Britney movement for over a year would be more than curious to hear from Britney herself as to what has been going on with her. I think you're underestimating her level of stardom. The GP is definitely curious as to what is going on with her.

At the very least, the gays (who Netflix panders to) would be more than here for it. And I am 100% sure it would be trending worldwide, which would benefit Netflix in the end. 

It wasn’t just a doc mentioned. Ppl we’re talking first about old docs and concerts which is very unlikely since they pay for their own new ones. They normally focus on the current generation.

Anyways I said what I said because fans were upset that Britney’s case isn’t being talked about mainstream. Which one can say is because ppl aren’t as empathic or interested. Probably because Britney doesn’t say anything. 

That being said if Britney herself literally was raw talking about 2007, mental health, and her cship I could see that having interest. 

I just feel like Britney fans overall have found it hard to grasp that Britney isn’t looked at as that big pop star anymore. Some of the things they say just don’t  make sense. 

Britney still can sell pretty good with her fan base. Vinyls etc even with all the drama. I just think some of the hopes and dreams are too much with what we have. 

2 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

What ? Why ? 

The traditions that have held OUR country together for centuries are hanging by a thread.  All Americans who care about the Constitution should wish him well even if they cannot wish him success.  President Trump is fighting for the country’s basic law.  The President swore the most public oath imaginable to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. 
80i Million Americans stand  proudly with  President  Trump as our ancestors fought and died for our FREEDOM. 

God bless America! 🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I think Britney still has some interest but I don’t think it’s with young ppl and young ppl are more likely to have their artists on Netflix than Britney... is all I’m saying. 

It wasn’t just a doc mentioned. Ppl we’re talking first about old docs and concerts which is very unlikely since they pay for their own new ones. They normally focus on the current generation.

Anyways I said what I said because fans were upset that Britney’s case isn’t being talked about mainstream. Which one can say is because ppl aren’t as empathic or interested. Probably because Britney doesn’t say anything. 

That being said if Britney herself literally was raw talking about 2007, mental health, and her cship I could see that having interest. 

I just feel like Britney fans overall have found it hard to grasp that Britney isn’t looked at as that big pop star anymore. Some of the things they say just don’t  make sense. 

Britney still can sell pretty good with her fan base. Vinyls etc even with all the drama. I just think some of the hopes and dreams are too much with what we have. 

I think you underestimate how Britney has gained momentum with Gen Z over the past year or two. From multiple songs from her becoming relevant again through Tik Tok to all the conspiracy theories about Britney that went mainstream over the past couple of months. But if we forget Gen Z it still doesn't change the fact that Britney is a permanent A list celebrity and always will be. 

Hell, there's a movie being made about Madonna right now and she is even less relevant and known by Gen Z. You think that's going to stop the buzz? And I don't get what you mean by her case not being talked about in the mainstream. The last couple of months alone I've seen Britney plastered in the front cover of magazines talking about the case with her dad. It made news worldwide. From BBC in the UK to Germany etc etc. I just can't relate to what you're saying.

Britney does have her small, dedicated, rabid fanbase. But besides that there is still a lot of interest from the GP. You think you show in Vegas was constantly sold out only by rabid fans? There are people who grew up with her who aren't necessarily part of the fanbase but still enjoy her music and would go out to see her. Or kill an hour and a half on Netflix by watching a documentary on her to check in and see how she's doing. When she did the PoM tour in Europe I remember that **** selling out in MINUTES. There is demand for Britney whether you see it or not.

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

That's not about current charts popularity, and more about what controversy the celebrity brings...

You mentioned Shawn Mendes before, his doc was destroyed by critics and there's no big views until now for that... People are questioning why a person like him has a documentary.

Britney right now is a big controversy, the last few months put her back as tabloid famous and made her the most searched female celebrity for some days. Not everyone will buy her music or go to her concert, but people loves drama... And Britney bizarre social media character + her abusive family controlling her gives that to the public.

Britney has no documentary yet because since FTR her team won't allow her to speak freely and a project like that will focus on honesty.

Believe me, If she gets free, some streaming platforms will have interest to hear Britney and ALL the drama behind Free Britney. They know people are invested, the interest is there.

About other popstars... A lot of them pays for a project like that, It makes them "humans", the public will see their vulnerable side, it's good PR wise

On 11/26/2020 at 5:17 PM, e-mailmyheart said:

I was watching the Shawn Mendes documentary "In wonder" on Netflix and it reminded me a lot of the "Stages" documentary that Britney released in 2002, but better produced, in my opinion, sorry :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Why don't they put at least the DWAD tour there (is it because it was broadcast by HBO at the time and thus belongs to the HBO streaming platform? Does anyone who owns HBO know if this tour is there?) Or the documentary "For the Record?" Her team is missing out on so many opportunities to show the new generation her history... It's good that when she returns with the B10, her team decides to make a good documentary that focuses on the recent trajectory of her life, how to get free c-ship and its studio recording sessions, but at the same time review her trajectory until today and everything it has achieved and her legacy in the Pop history.

"Her team is missing an opportunity"

I don't know if you know but Britney is fighting to get rid of this team. 

Archived