Why isn't Britney on Netflix?

e-mailmyheart

I was watching the Shawn Mendes documentary "In wonder" on Netflix and it reminded me a lot of the "Stages" documentary that Britney released in 2002, but better produced, in my opinion, sorry :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Why don't they put at least the DWAD tour there (is it because it was broadcast by HBO at the time and thus belongs to the HBO streaming platform? Does anyone who owns HBO know if this tour is there?) Or the documentary "For the Record?" Her team is missing out on so many opportunities to show the new generation her history... It's good that when she returns with the B10, her team decides to make a good documentary that focuses on the recent trajectory of her life, how to get free c-ship and its studio recording sessions, but at the same time review her trajectory until today and everything it has achieved and her legacy in the Pop history.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Because Netflix pays artists that they think will bring in more consumers. 

Come on guys... we need to be realistic. 

The ‘it’ ppl are getting docs. We are in 2020 not 2008. 

Trust me she’ll bring in the audience..

More so than shawn Mendes. I mean if Paris gets some viewers I’m sure our girl can do so even more

2 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

Trust me she’ll bring in the audience..

More so than shawn Mendes. I mean if Paris gets some viewers I’m sure our girl can do so even more

More so than Shawn Mendes... I’m getting old and out of touch but he normally does really good. 

Wasn't Paris on YouTube? I could see that for Britney more than Netflix. 

All the docs have been for the it ppl and Beyoncé for Netflix and Disney. 

9 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

More so than Shawn Mendes... I’m getting old and out of touch but he normally does really good. 

Wasn't Paris on YouTube? I could see that for Britney more than Netflix. 

All the docs have been for the it ppl and Beyoncé for Netflix and Disney. 

Youtube is definitely a Right avenue for her. 

That's the #1 streaming service 

Everybody is a member there..

Established in 2005. 

It's about the money and if Netflix has any interest..

The only thing you can stream about Britney is on Tubi and it's those unauthorized tabloid docs and the lifetime movie. 

Paramount (CBS owns crossroads, to get that to Stream is to pay fees for the music rights to get a license, @PokemonSpears brought that to our attention on how RBD got into streaming platforms, they had to renew a license and other legal Jumbo they let expire, cos they thought nobody would be a fan after they broke up and everybody grew up and became an adult and let that be a childhood past phase to regret)

It's all legal fees and Such. 

I guess HBO, Sony Music thinks Britney fans don't matter at all cos they're somewhat older who needs to let childhood stuff go. 

Like billboard said OG Britney fans range from turning 40 to going into middle age like Britney herself. 

9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The only thing you can stream about Britney is on Tubi and it's those unauthorized tabloid docs and the lifetime movie. 

Paramount (CBS owns crossroads, to get that to Stream is to pay fees for the music rights to get a license, @PokemonSpears brought that to our attention on how RBD got into streaming platforms, they had to renew a license and other legal Jumbo they let expire, cos they thought nobody would be a fan after they broke up and everybody grew up and became an adult and let that be a childhood past phase to regret)

I guess HBO, Sony Music thinks Britney fans don't matter at all cos they're somewhat older who needs to let childhood stuff go. 

Like billboard said OG Britney fans range from turning 40 to going into middle age like Britney herself. 

What’s RBD? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

34 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Nah Britney has been sort of a mystery since 2007. No one truly knows details. I think it will definitely bring in viewership, especially after all that has gone down with the movement. We all want to hear her side!!

8 minutes ago, ColdAsFire89 said:

What’s RBD? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Rebelde which the Mexican pop band came from a huge soap opera. 

Christian Chavez (he was publicly outed by the press), Anahi, Christopher, Alfonso Herrera, Dulce, and I forgot the other female member 

Basically a Mexican version of S Club 7 but still celebrated than the Spice girls Woolworths knock off by the manager of the Spice girls himself. 

55 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I believe Britney, when she is able and willing to talk, would be able to get a documentary on Netflix if she wishes to do so. 

David Chapelle wasn't even "big" for a long time until Netflix paid for his comedy special. One can even say Shawn Mendez isn't as popular as he was even at this point last year. They just paid for a retelling of the story of Selena. Monique was going to get a comedy special on there as well until she was low balled. 

If there is room and interest for a train wreck like Tiger King on Netflix then I am absolutely sure that people who have been hearing about the Free Britney movement for over a year would be more than curious to hear from Britney herself as to what has been going on with her. I think you're underestimating her level of stardom. The GP is definitely curious as to what is going on with her.

At the very least, the gays (who Netflix panders to) would be more than here for it. And I am 100% sure it would be trending worldwide, which would benefit Netflix in the end. 

3 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I disagree with you wholeheartedly. I believe Britney, when she is able and willing to talk, would be able to get a documentary on Netflix if she wishes to do so. 

David Chapelle wasn't even "big" for a long time until Netflix paid for his comedy special. One can even say Shawn Mendez isn't as popular as he was even at this point last year. They just paid for a retelling of the story of Selena. Monique was going to get a comedy special on there as well until she was low balled. 

If there is room and interest for a train wreck like Tiger King on Netflix then I am absolutely sure that people who have been hearing about the Free Britney movement for over a year would be more than curious to hear from Britney herself as to what has been going on with her. I think you're underestimating her level of stardom. The GP is definitely curious as to what is going on with her.

At the very least, the gays (who Netflix panders to) would be more than here for it. And I am 100% sure it would be trending on worldwide, which would benefit Netflix in the long run. 

Just to add to this, everyone loves to hear the dark side of Hollywood. And I can guarantee you a lot of blue check marked celebs would chime in and tweet about it as well. Netflix looks at (and cares about) all of this. I have said several times on here that if Britney wanted a development deal with Netflix she could easily get one. Would probably be the easiest 100 mill she's ever made.

I think if Britney decides to put out a documentary about her life (c-ship & post C-ship) every platform out there will be in line to work with her. Her story is massive and will draw the GP and not only fans. She has been in the news like it's 2007 all over again and people are interested especially since she has not said a word about it.

46 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

btw, RBD's virtual concert that is happening in December, already broke all the records in terms of ticket sales for this kind of event :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

Archived