Nicki Minaj is salty about the Grammys

Jordan Miller

5 hours ago, JayDogwood90 said:

Where is Teyona Taylor? Brandy? Ari Lennox? Summer Walker?  Many of their albums were considered big in the genre, but they were absent from the nominations.  

Look the reality is this is nothing new for the Grammys. Maybe one day it will be less homogenous and more inclusive for all. In the meantime, let’s try not just labeling women of color—bitter and angry when they express frustration at awards that ignore their work. 

I'd be the first one applauding Nicki if her tweet was inclusive of other artists. There is certainly a systematic issue with black artists getting their accolades, however Nicki seems to only care when she isnt getting praised.

Im not at all a Bon Iver fan, dont really listen to his work - but i know he's one of the best in his genre.

Also Beyonce, Doja, Meg, Jhené Aiko, DaBaby & H.E.R. are nominated all over the place.  Why not make a positive tweet that congratulates these artists while mentioning the industry to be more inclusive...

5 hours ago, JSDSandiego said:

I'd be the first one applauding Nicki if her tweet was inclusive of other artists. There is certainly a systematic issue with black artists getting their accolades, however Nicki seems to only care when she isnt getting praised.

Im not at all a Bon Iver fan, dont really listen to his work - but i know he's one of the best in his genre.

Also Beyonce, Doja, Meg, Jhené Aiko, DaBaby & H.E.R. are nominated all over the place.  Why not make a positive tweet that congratulates these artists while mentioning the industry to be more inclusive...

Why do you think Nicki has to congratulate that bunch of artists? Megan and Doja should lick Nicki’s feet because they do what they do because of THE PINKPRINT! Chile the audacity :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 11/25/2020 at 1:51 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, '"Not a good person," may have been an exaggeration, but her morals are, at the very least, highly questionable - still choosing to support her disgusting brother; collaborating with 6ix9ine three times; marrying a rap***. I didn't even need to list that ****, tbh, as pretty much everyone is aware of it anyway. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I will take this comment as an example... Everybody talking about Nicki as a monster because the bad things her family did, in a world where Beyoncé is married with a cheater who used to sell ***** and tried to kill a man in a night club with a stab in the stomach, and then she call herself christian and feminist... How can everybody forget those things??? How  about Cardi, she was part of a gang of criminals and used to **** men to steal their money... AND THEY WIN GRAMMYS!!!

Those things have nothing to do with the Grammy nominations, right? Well, let’s say that she doesn’t deserve it this year, that’s enough...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

I will take this comment as an example... Everybody talking about Nicki as a monster because the bad things her family did, in a world where Beyoncé is married with a cheater who used to sell ***** and tried to kill a man in a night club with a stab in the stomach, and then she call herself christian and feminist... How can everybody forget those things??? How  about Cardi, she was part of a gang of criminals and used to **** men to steal their money... AND THEY WIN GRAMMYS!!!

Those things have nothing to do with the Grammy nominations, right? Well, let’s say that she doesn’t deserve it this year, that’s enough...

As awful as it is, cheating is not comparable to r***, ******, molestation, etc. The rest of the things you said about Jay-Z I knew nothing about, so thanks for letting me know. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

As for Cardi B, I agree that she's trash and should've received way more backlash than she did. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I'm not saying we should cancel Nicki or hold her accountable for the actions of the people she surrounds herself with. I just find it annoying that she always complains about everything and is always the victim despite her morals being pretty questionable (for the reasons I talked about in my previous posts). Furthermore, it's weird that Nicki gets to forgive her husband for having attemped r*** and ******** someone because people can change, but at the same time we're supposed to cancel people for having a problematic / racist / whatever-phobic past. :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney: I'm not saying Nicki doesn't deserve a Grammy. In fact, I think she does, but I find her constant whining to be annoying, and I don't like how she disregarded another talented artist based on their race. :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Style. said:

Why do you think Nicki has to congratulate that bunch of artists? Megan and Doja should lick Nicki’s feet because they do what they do because of THE PINKPRINT! Chile the audacity :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

You completely missed the point. 

Nicki doesnt have to say anything. But when she throws these tantrums like she did with the VMAs about why SHE didnt win/get nom'd, then makes it a racial issue... it comes off selfish or self-serving. Especially when so many black artists are nominated, with Beyonce leading the pack with the most.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JSDSandiego said:

You completely missed the point. 

Nicki doesnt have to say anything. But when she throws these tantrums like she did with the VMAs about why SHE didnt win/get nom'd, then makes it a racial issue... it comes off selfish or self-serving. Especially when so many black artists are nominated, with Beyonce leading the pack with the most.

You’re completely in the wrong thread, just like IAlwaysSingOffKey :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Haha 2
18 hours ago, popprison said:

It must be frustrating to see your peers winning the trophies but they should they are just trophies. Many hugely successful artists barely got grammy nominated or wins (Elvis, Britney, Katy Perry, etc). 

I’m just glad Britney has won at least 1 of every major award. I mean, did you know that Cher only has 1 Grammy too?

• Like 2
9 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

Well first of all, I don't understand how anyone could possibly compare infidelity and **** dealing with ******, rape, paedophilia, and whatever else Nicki's family members and love interests may have been imprisoned for. Jay-Z's an ******* sure, but he's nowhere in the same league as Jelani or Kenneth. I mean go ahead and drag Bey for sticking with Jay-Z, but let's at least have some objectivity.

Also, I have no idea what Cardi B's posse has been up to, so I can't comment on that. But I neither like nor dislike her to begin with, so her having a Grammy is sort of irrelevant to me, much like the artist herself.

Also let me clarify that in my case at least, I didn't initially bring up Nicki's association with criminals as a justification for why she doesn't deserve Grammys. That's like a whole other debate for another day; I originally just cited her entitlement and victimization from her tweet as reasons why I can't take her rant seriously.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block