Lady Gaga's dad Joe Germanotta voices his support for the Republican Party

My mothers partner is a staunch Trump supporter. Way too into him and he’s not even American :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

They went to America in 2016 and one of his highlights was attending a Trump rally :hideous_um_zoom_hide_what_confused_scared:

Makes insensitive comments about LGBT+ all the time and my mother says nothing. 2 of her 3 children are gay so that stings a little. How do we deal? My sister lives 8 hours away with her girlfriend and I live an hour out of the way and avoid seeing the homophobe at all costs. 

I’m not that surprised by Gaga’s fathers political leanings. He’s a wealthy boomer :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

• Love 1

Its one thing to have “different political views” and its another things to support or vote someone that has:

-banned trans from military

-banned muslims from coming into the country

-chants to build a border at the mexican border and not the canadian border

-orders military for blm protests

-has a vp that has a history with gay conversion therapy

-has supporters that are openly white supremacists...

to support all this & much more is despicable.

tbh none of these candidates have ever been perfect, but it seems like there is a clear lesser evil.

she aint a perfect candidate either, but i felt kamala was the best, so i vote for biden by default and to vote trump out.

To put icing on the cake, if kamala wins... she’ll be the first women ever as vp... the closest to having a female prez & only the second person of color to be prez or vp. That is wild we still havent had a female prez or vp, or openly gay nominee, let alone having obama being the ONLY representation for poc.

sometimes its more than political views. What are we choosing to ignore? Its hard to say in general, but this time around... like i said. It seems there is a very clear lesser evil. 

its ironic his daughter is one of the most iconic lgbtq supporting artists. She wrote born this way... cmoooon

• Love 3

This seems pretty typical. 

Most of my family is hardline conservative. It wouldn't be such an issue if they wouldn't insist on trying to goad me into an argument about politics each and every holiday. 

And that's the problem with so many conservative family members in my experience. They prefer to be confrontational with those who aren't conservative. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block