Albums That Changed Your Opinion Overtime

It is very common to encounter a record that needs a few good listening-s and time before making your very last decision towards it.

Here are the albums that thoroughly changed my opinions overtime:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNKmNVpeICzO-K3Uoh1HK

Teenage Dream by Katy Perry

Out of Katy's discography, this is the very first record from her that I get tired of. I used to like it but after some time, I feel like it's more of a compilation album that an actual one because of how big the production of each tracks are. It also gave me the idea that LP is just an excuse to market the singles.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxacRfxFJMbOd7CJYGpBw

Head Above Water by Avril Lavigne

Just based off the lead single, I really had high hopes for Avril's comeback project. I regularly listened to it after the release but only within a month or so, I realized how underwhelming the rest of the tracks are. I still love some of them but Dumb Blonde, Goddess, Love Me Insane and Warrior are just terribly written.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHPUUMq17lxuOM8mtDN73

Labrinth, Sia, Diplo Present... LSD by LSD

After hearing one of their single from a toothpaste commercial, I literally tracked that song down which brought me to this record. I immediately dismissed the album though after giving it a few listens, but my stupidity always surprised. I mean, it's one of the best records I've heard with a psychedelic aesthetic. They deserve more credits though!

What about yours?

change.jpg.1bed63e9035477f13adc33ffd4273797.jpg

• Love 3
  • Content Curators

Katy Perry's Prism for me actually. I remember buying this album and loving almost all of it and thinking how great it was now, aside from "Dark Horse"  "Legendary Lovers" and "Walking On Air" I don't care for any other songs from this album.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

"Witness" grew on me a lot even if I don't really listen to it anymore. But there were a good few months during which I'd listen to it quite a bit. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I remember really liking "Dangerous Woman" back in the day, but I relistened to it for the upcoming mega rate and thought it was super mediocre. I only really cared for like half the songs. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving: 

When I first listened to "Chromatica", I thought it was really quite good, but I also thought that it blended together too much. In the end, I absolutely love it - there's not a single song I don't love, and I've actually listened to it more than "Future Nostalgia". :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

I felt really let down by Poppy's direction after "Poppy.Computer", but after giving "Am I a Girl?" a fair shot it easily became my favorite Poppy album, and it still holds that title today - it's incredible from start to finish. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

"Witness" grew on me a lot even if I don't really listen to it anymore. But there were a good few months during which I'd listen to it quite a bit. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I remember really liking "Dangerous Woman" back in the day, but I relistened to it for the upcoming mega rate and thought it was super mediocre. I only really cared for like half the songs. :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving: 

When I first listened to "Chromatica", I thought it was really quite good, but I also thought that it blended together too much. In the end, I absolutely love it - there's not a single song I don't love, and I've actually listened to it more than "Future Nostalgia". :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

I felt really let down by Poppy's direction after "Poppy.Computer", but after giving "Am I a Girl?" a fair shot it easily became my favorite Poppy album, and it still holds that title today - it's incredible from start to finish. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

The case with Dangerous Woman is so true. When thank u, next came out, I thought it's very similar to DW but just got pinker. So I have to choose which one of them I should keep, because more than two Ariana albums in my library is too much for me.

Still love some of the tracks tho, justice for Leave Me Lonely:tear_tissue_crying_wendy_williams_red_sobbing_sad_napkin:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Midnight said:

Katy Perry's Prism for me actually. I remember buying this album and loving almost all of it and thinking how great it was now, aside from "Dark Horse"  "Legendary Lovers" and "Walking On Air" I don't care for any other songs from this album.

Omg, this comment hurts my feeling. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, MX3 said:

great point about avrils 'head above water' - I liked it but now can only listen to 'it was in me' 

I also felt that way about her self-titled album. I thought it was great but I can't even listen to the singles now. I only listen to '17' 

Yeah, I feel like half of the album sounds rushed and first draft. Crush, Souvenir and It Was Me are such gems tho. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Deal with it :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Just kidding :hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle: 

What's your favorite song from Prism ? 

It's my favorite album of Katy's brand. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Birthday, Walking On Air, This Is How We Do, Ghost and It Takes Two are the standout tracks for me. Speaking of, WOA cursed her to flop because she'd let it slide.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

EXPLAIN! :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

When it came out and I listen to it, I really dislike it. It shoves Britney from the Nr 1 positions of the album I dislike the least. Then, I think it was around 2014 I´ve listened to this album a lot. Some songs need a while until they grow on you, you don´t like them with the first hearing like Alien or Passenger. Then I read the lyrics of the songs. They became my therapy and helped me a lot. Now, these songs belong to the best she ever made for me. But I must confess, I just like the half album, I just ignore the rest.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: This  are my songs:

Alien

Perfume

Till It´s Gone

Passanger

Don´t Cry

Brightest Morning Star

Hold On Tight

Now That I Found You

Perfume (The Dreaming Mix)

• Love 3

Definitely Blackout by Britney. I was 11 at the release of this phenomenal album but I didn't understand her messages and the whole album. As I grew older I got to understand them and the album became one of my faves.

Same with Madonna's Ray of Light, American Life and Music. I only liked a few songs of each record at first when I was young but once you get older, you truly get to understand them and especially with Ray Of Light; I got to understand the obsession everyone has with this record.

Drowned World, Paradise, Nobody Knows Me became one of my favorite Madonna songs.

• Love 1

Britney (2001)

I remember first listening to it last year and hating it. I was like, why is this a fan favorite but not baby one more time?? (Always & forever a stan of BOMT the album) But I grew to love it now.

R-6073478-1410365822-2521.jpeg.jpg

Dangerous Woman (2016)

I remember being so excited when Ariana dropped the lead in March of 2016. I fell in love with it & the album and listened to nothing but it for three years straight, now I absolutely HATE it. God, it aged. (I got the CD but never bothered to open it so it's still sealed)

d4e871a39e67a1202d75ebb41ff36bb9.jpg

ARTPOP (2013)

Nothing really to say other than it definitely wasn't ahead of it's time lol.

BV_ag3xCEAAWNsx?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

Britney (2001)

I remember first listening to it last year and hating it. I was like, why is this a fan favorite but not baby one more time?? (Always & forever a stan of BOMT the album) But I grew to love it now.

R-6073478-1410365822-2521.jpeg.jpg

Dangerous Woman (2016)

I remember being so excited when Ariana dropped the lead in March of 2016. I fell in love with it & the album and listened to nothing but it for three years straight, now I absolutely HATE it. God, it aged. (I got the CD but never bothered to open it so it's still sealed)

d4e871a39e67a1202d75ebb41ff36bb9.jpg

ARTPOP (2013)

Nothing really to say other than it definitely wasn't ahead of it's time lol.

BV_ag3xCEAAWNsx?format=jpg&name=small

Art pop was awful! 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block