Albums That Changed Your Opinion Overtime

I have this crazy habit that I'm trying to fight and it is that I hate viral stuff. Mostly it's not necessarily to do with the music quality or the artist itself but simply by it being viral. Which is ironic if you think about it because pop music is well... POPular music lol :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: It sucks because if something new comes out and it gets a lot of buzz, I can't genuinely appreciate it because of all the hype. I very much prefer listening to an album years later when there's no hype and I can develop my own unbiased perception about it, which often coincides with the hype from a few years ago but oh well:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Here's my list:

Melodrama (Lorde album) - Wikipedia - Used to dislike Lorde as an artist. Recently I listened to Melodrama for the first time and oh my was it mesmerising. I'm still yet to dive deep into it but I liked it a lot.

Beyonce is probably the biggest artist that I rediscovered years later. I used to hate on Beyonce for years, that she is overrated, didn't like her music at all, thought she was cocky and full of herself. All of that until last year when I saw the Coachella documentary on Netflix; absolutely adored the arrangements of each song, the outfits, the message. I was like, hold up (:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:), let me go back and revisit her albums. Listened to Lemonade. Loved it. Watched it, loved it even more. Revisited her self-titled, loved it. Watched a bunch of performances. Loved them. Then she dropped the Gift - adored it. Dissect dropped a whole season on Lemonade, loved it. Bey dropped Black is King - adored it. Now I'm waiting for her next era that I can enjoy for the first time. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Lemonade (Beyoncé album) - Wikipedia 

Beyoncé (album) - Wikipedia

• Love 3

Britney (2001). I loved it as a kid but I listen to it now and see it as a record where Britney fought to release songs for her own age demographic (Slave, Boys, Overprotected) but her label wanted her to still make music for children (Cinderella, Anticipating, Let Me Be, Bombastic Love). It’s definitely not as good as previously thought. 

Aphrodite by Kylie Minoue - I was obsessed with this album in 2010 and loved every track... It hasn’t aged as well as other Kylie albums and the production feels dated.

Bionic by Xtina - was trashed when it was released but it was ahead of its time and by far her best album in the 2010’s...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

When it came out and I listen to it, I really dislike it. It shoves Britney from the Nr 1 positions of the album I dislike the least. Then, I think it was around 2014 I´ve listened to this album a lot. Some songs need a while until they grow on you, you don´t like them with the first hearing like Alien or Passenger. Then I read the lyrics of the songs. They became my therapy and helped me a lot. Now, these songs belong to the best she ever made for me. But I must confess, I just like the half album, I just ignore the rest.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: This  are my songs:

Alien

Perfume

Till It´s Gone

Passanger

Don´t Cry

Brightest Morning Star

Hold On Tight

Now That I Found You

Perfume (The Dreaming Mix)

Periodt! With this tracklist, Myah Marie jean should have been made an EP and BJ would have been a.m.a.z.i.n.g :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Haha 1

I actually enjoyed Britney Jean when it came out. I was thirsty of new Britney music and even tho I knew about the Myah Marie drama and everything, I thought it wasn't that bad. Years later I realized I haven't listened to it since 2014, including the singles. It's her worst album to date imo and I hate everything about it (the Work ***** mv was a masterpiece th

With FF was the complete opposite. I hated it when it came out, I didn't even like HIAM. The only song I enjoyed was Inside Out. I think the album aged well and now I appreciate it more, even tho it's my second least fav album by her. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block