Selena Gomez says this is the first time she's ever voted

4 hours ago, e_qu33n said:

I just. I really don't get someone getting backlash for deciding it's time to vote and encouraging others to do so. Better now than never. I feel like it's counterintuitive. 

Honestly I kinda wish the current state of social media would cool it. All it's got now is backlash for everyone. Sometimes I get it, and it makes sense but other times it's like...:slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: calm down.

Selena and politic are a weird mix for her, politics and some artist's don't mix well. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Yeah i get that but hardly any if none at all focus on what i think should be focused on like Mental Health, Breaking down the divide between public and private medical sectors, and putting a standard education system across the schools as a hole so everyone gets the same opportunity's or even training/getting experience for my generation (millennial's) to get the jobs there previous generation so easily monopolized on. But hey its Ireland they only care what the 1% thinks

Some of the stuff want, is just Human needs, not actual policies, honestly mental health wasn't taken seriously until this generation spoke up, trust me born in 84, we we're told, don't wanna hear it. Forget it, and move on. It's your generation that is basically saying that it's important. 

You have to go by the political policies. Most aren't human based, but law based and in the GOP's case religious based, which is funny. Cos most of the youth aren't really religious today. 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Some of the stuff want, is just Human needs, not actual policies, honestly mental health wasn't taken seriously until this generation spoke up, trust me born in 84, we we're told, don't wanna hear it. Forget it, and move on. It's your generation that is basically saying that it's important. 

You have to go by the political policies. Most aren't human based, but law based and in the GOP's case religious based, which is funny. Cos most of the youth aren't really religious today. 

If you were born in 1984, then your a millennial same gen as me (1990). Our generation is often regarded as the snowflake generation due to the fact we brought mental health, culture acceptance and ****** acceptance to the forefront.

• Love 1

The average age of a normal First voter was typically 30. 

Most 20 something's saw themselves as kids, and still trying to figure what they want to do in life. 

The reason why most of the youth are voting are cos of the violence in gun's with school shootings and such, they had important events that happened consistently and most politicians failed to listen so they are basically saying. You don't wanna listen, we had enough, time to hand out eviction notices. 

Or like Maren Morris said, it's time to throw Donald Trump his Iconic catchphrase back at him.

On November 3RD, we're gonna tell him.

"You're Fired"

7 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

If you were born in 1984, then your a millennial same gen as me (1990). Our generation is often regarded as the snowflake generation due to the fact we brought mental health, culture acceptance and ****** acceptance to the forefront.

I've been told. I'm more of A xillenial, considering I didn't grow up in a digital childhood. I was at the cross of the end of the analog world and remember internet as an expensive luxury, which if people needed to make a phone call, your arse has better be off line in two minutes. 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I've been told. I'm more of A xillenial, considering I didn't grow up in a digital childhood. I was at the cross of the end of the analog world and remember internet as an expensive luxury, which if people needed to make a phone call, your arse has better be off line in two minutes. 

Ah fair enough, well your 3 years into Millennial generation (1981-1994). I was only taught digital and really struggle to do analogue like it makes no sense to me. Internet yeah i had it starting around 8-10ish. But your still apart of our generation and were glad to have you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

21 hours ago, ElenaB said:

why is she getting blacklash? I get this election is very important to USA but not voting is also an option that should be respected. If u don’t agree with any of the candidates there’s no reason for u to vote. People should do what they feel like doing instead of following what society tells them.

Women literally fought for the right to vote and went through hell to be able to vote (as well as black people). It's a disgrace that some people don't vote and don't care enough about this country. She is the reason we have Trump.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

Women literally fought for the right to vote and went through hell to be able to vote (as well as black people). It's a disgrace that some people don't vote and don't care enough about this country. She is the reason we have Trump.

The fact that women can vote today doesn’t mean they have to. As I said, not voting is also a democratic option and a way to express your political views as valid as voting. I don’t like Trump, I hate the fact that he is the President of the most powerful country in the world. But other people think otherwise, they don’t like Trump or Biden so they don’t have to vote for either of them. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, ElenaB said:

why is she getting blacklash? I get this election is very important to USA but not voting is also an option that should be respected. If u don’t agree with any of the candidates there’s no reason for u to vote. People should do what they feel like doing instead of following what society tells them.

do you SEE who our president is? we can't afford people not voting. we have to do whatever it takes to get him out of office. even if it means swallowing your pride/opinions about Joe Biden and voting for him to get the orange man out. Is the 2 party system fuc*ed up? Yes. Is this our only option right now? Also, yes.

15 minutes ago, kweenNEYDE said:

do you SEE who our president is? we can't afford people not voting. we have to do whatever it takes to get him out of office. even if it means swallowing your pride/opinions about Joe Biden and voting for him to get the orange man out. Is the 2 party system fuc*ed up? Yes. Is this our only option right now? Also, yes.

i’m not from USA so I can’t help u here. But do you get that there are people who actually don’t think Trump is that bad and that Biden is not that good? I know, to me it’s crazy, but that’s a democracy, a space to share different points of view. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, kweenNEYDE said:

Sorry. Trump isn’t going anywhere. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kweenNEYDE said:

lol @PuertoRicosFinest thumbs downing me and <3ing the trump support posts. How did his hurricane relief work out for you? need me to throw some paper towel rolls at your face?

Wonderful, thanks for asking.  While liberals were still talking about how he handed out paper towels, Trump was getting to the root of the problem with the corrupt Puerto Rican officials who were holding back aid. 

listen to this account of a police officer calling into a radio station crying about seeing supplies and relief held back from people in need by the corrupt Democrat politicians of Puerto Rico.  I know the authentic cries of my people.  This woman is releasing pain from the depths of her soul.

Trump actually did something about it:

2 FEMA Officials arrested by the FBI for taking bribes 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/10/fema-official-arrested-for-fraud-over-hurricane-maria-recovery-effort-in-puerto-rico.html

6 arrests including 2 Officials from the department of education and The Department Of Health insurance on charges of corruption.
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/11/740596170/fbi-arrests-former-top-puerto-rico-officials-in-government-corruption-scandal

Now don’t you feel completely petty and minuscule for going on and on about paper towels being thrown at my face?  that your mind lives in that tiny fake news box, It’s a level of small-mindedness that makes me wonder how liberals can stand to look at themselves in the mirror.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block