Ellen DeGeneres addresses the workplace abuse controversy on season premiere: watch

• Super Mods
19 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I haven't even followed the allegations against Ellen because I had my own terrible experience as an audience member of her show once YEARS ago, and had a friend go through something very similar in spite of my warnings in 2019. I don't know who is responsible but at the end of the day it's her name.

I mean she publicly shamed a woman for doing something bad. Yes that’s wrong but to put her on the spot and reward the good doer to further embarrass the audience member. I mean it didn’t add any entertainment unless you consider laughing and pointing fingers at someone...is this the handmaiden’s tale? What’s wrong with her?

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods

I haven't even followed the allegations against Ellen because I had my own terrible experience as an audience member of her show once YEARS ago, and had a friend go through something very similar in spite of my warnings in 2019. I don't know who is responsible but at the end of the day it's her name.

I mean she publicly shamed a woman for doing something bad. Yes that’s wrong but to put her on the spot and reward the good doer to further embarrass the audience member. I mean it didn’t add any entertainment unless you consider laughing and pointing fingers at someone...is this the handmaiden’s tale? What’s wrong with her?

• Super Mods

4 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

please spill the tea. spill it spill it.

• Like 1

“I take full responsibility and have fired the staff responsible” 

“I have no one to blame but myself and will take it upon myself to fire those who are to blame”

”I hope those who were negatively affected by people who are not me, forgive me for not being involved whatsoever”

bring it on!!! 

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5
  • Like 1

I'm gonna bite, and take the unpopular opinion here. 

YES..... Like every HUMAN BEING in the world... Ellen deserves the chance to face accusations head on and address them. 

You know, for me I live by a simple credo, and I love that Jordan mentioned it ...

ACTIONS speak LOUDER than words. 

I  look at all the good that Ellen has put out in the world, all the charitable things she's done, all the heartwarming moments she's brought us, the battles she's fought... and it infuriates me that everything about her, her soul, her fight, her platform, ****, her HUMANITY are all called into question because a few people start making accusations about behind the scenes life on the show. Let me be clear, it's never okay for a workplace to be toxic. But in a show like this, you can't expect an Ellen Degeneres to know every SINGLE person and thing happening. She's a HOST. The show has morphed far beyond a simple production. Maybe THAT's a sad excuse, and the real problem. Maybe that's what Ellen is going to address?

I just think what's most TOXIC in this world right now is the internet. People just start throwing shade, hate and slander at anyone who's personality rubs them the wrong way. We read unsubstantiated stories, and run with it like it's FACT. It's so easy to be a warrior behind a keyboard, but for all those people slamming the hell out of Ellen and 'Canceling' her in the name of justice or some ****ty feeling of triumphant superiority it gives you, I'd ask this.... what the hell have YOU done for the world? 

I'm sure there were things on set at the Ellen show that aren't right. I'm sure there are people who don't have a one on one personal relationship with Ellen. But at the end of the day, NONE of us know what goes on behind her closed doors. What matters is what we all put out in the world.

As for this moment in particular... If she's taking this seriously and taking the time to listen to her staff, and truly attempt to make it right, then I'm definitely willing to hear her out. Everyone should be willing to hear her out.... 

my final two cents.... it makes me sick, as someone In their mid-30's who didn't go to high school at a time when it was okay to be gay, someone who was bullied mercilessly, to see how so many in our community have become the *****y, mean girls of this new generation. That's the real tragedy I've seen in the tweets surrounding this story. 

• Love 3

It gets worse, a former housekeeper has come out. 

She has a bathroom designed for the "Help", and well it's an outhouse, Basically a permanent port a potty for the staff at her estate. 

She sets up cleaning traps like basically in Hidden areas, like base boards and under cupboards. If it's not all cleaned she will address it very mean like. She expects her house to be cleaned like a military barracks. Basically use a toothbrush and your knees if you have to..

And they have to provide their own food and have to make sure it's vegan friendly. She fired an entire staff the weekend crew cos one smelled of meat.

And She banned lady gaga from her show cos she wore the meat dress on her show. 

More stuff is coming out. 

If J.K. rowling got cancelled cos of her anti transgendered views, How come Ellen gets a pass. I guess firing a person of LGBT community could end up being a lawsuit in today's world. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block