Ellen DeGeneres addresses the workplace abuse controversy on season premiere: watch

On 9/11/2020 at 12:57 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

It gets worse, a former housekeeper has come out. 

She has a bathroom designed for the "Help", and well it's an outhouse, Basically a permanent port a potty for the staff at her estate. 

She sets up cleaning traps like basically in Hidden areas, like base boards and under cupboards. If it's not all cleaned she will address it very mean like. She expects her house to be cleaned like a military barracks. Basically use a toothbrush and your knees if you have to..

And they have to provide their own food and have to make sure it's vegan friendly. She fired an entire staff the weekend crew cos one smelled of meat.

And She banned lady gaga from her show cos she wore the meat dress on her show. 

More stuff is coming out. 

If J.K. rowling got cancelled cos of her anti transgendered views, How come Ellen gets a pass. I guess firing a person of LGBT community could end up being a lawsuit in today's world. Gaga was on her show during BTW era and a star is a born...

She was also on Ellen during BTW era :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Like 2

I personally found it cringy that she made the jokes part of the apology speech. I don’t think it worked. 
I would have been more convinced if she went full Oprah finale speech vibes and was just really sincere. Sat down and spoke directly to the camera and said look, these things really did happen but I am going to try and make them never happen again. 

Instead she kind skimmed over the issue and make fun of the whole situation. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Well it was awkward to watch... 
 She really gave the clichés excuses you would expect, and yeah she is "trying to be a better person everyday"

:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:Blah blah blah... The jokes were not appropriate either, considering the allegations... :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

I am still waiting for the investigation to come out... :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 
The story is fascinating ! And I am SURE, not isolated in the business...:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

• Like 1

She doesn’t fool me for a second! She’s just “sorry” for being a terrible diva boss because she got caught! Otherwise she would still be doing what she was doing! In her defense I never liked her, even before the whole ordeal. And yes Ellen, by being a zillionaire ultra privileged person, you have to be 1000, times nicer to your staff! ****!

• Love 3
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

She has a point, she couldn’t possibly be the master manipulator psychopath who can turn the charm on like a switch to fool people.  She has a show! If you have a show and make your audience laugh with prewritten jokes by a staff of hundreds, you couldn’t possibly be an evil operator. And you know what, Obama gave her a Medal of Honor, so let’s just get over the alleged abuse of her staff.  She deserves the benefit of the doubt for having made it to the top of Hollywood.  Once you’re there, that’s pretty much the gold standard of ethics and higher moral ground.  Nobody at the top of the entertainment industry has ever been proven to be the most corrupt and wicked human beings on the face of the planet.

This aged well.  Now I’m not so sure...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block