Lady Gaga's "911" short film: all the symbolism and imagery explained

1 hour ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

When you show suicide, eating disorders, *** or violence, things come with a trigger warning.  During this time of people dying from Covid and people going through some of the toughest times in their lives, it’s not right for an artist to smack their fans over the head with such traumatic and gory imagery at the end of an unsuspecting pop video to make a martyr of themselves and glorify tragedy.  I think that was very irresponsible. And it’s not the first time this particular artist has chosen to do something tasteless like this for her “artistic expression”.  That’s my opinion, why don’t you get a life.

It’s the agenda Hollywood producers and directors have. She is just a puppet she has no say in what she puts out, she’s just allowed to take credit for it all. That’s the music industry 🎶.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Enjoy having a video for a dance song on replay where you get to hear Gaga scream and cry in guteral pain so she can play actress again. I’m sure her fans will enjoy that.

I’d rather have this than two half assed videos like Britney had done for glory dance tracks 

also I can guarantee u if Britney went on her own free path to do whatever she wanted she would’ve been released artistic videos like this

we got a preview of that from everytime and gimme more unreleased (funeral)

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

When you show suicide, eating disorders, *** or violence, things come with a trigger warning.  During this time of people dying from Covid and people going through some of the toughest times in their lives, it’s not right for an artist to smack their fans over the head with such traumatic and gory imagery at the end of an unsuspecting pop video to make a martyr of themselves and glorify tragedy.  I think that was very irresponsible. And it’s not the first time this particular artist has chosen to do something tasteless like this for her “artistic expression”.  That’s my opinion, why don’t you get a life.

Hello didn’t Britney do this with everytime when she had a much younger fan base?!

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I liked it. I don't think it was as graphic or explicit as some people are making it seem. Also, if that represents her state of mind during her struggle, it's great that she can put it on a music video. Artists do that with lyrics and videos all the time. 

Plus, if everything works fine, I will be like the guy with the red pillow tonight! Wish me luck, Exhale! :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

If I knew what you meant I wouldn't have asked :uknowit_yes_Yas_point_lol_giggle_haha_hehe_point:

I just think it’s tasteless and insensitive to use such violent imagery to shock the audience when people are going through traumatic times in their lives.

but Gaga always does this. Wallows in her misery to play victim and have depth.
Artpop - Media is bullying her 

tony Bennett/ till it happens to you era -****** assault (Never Gad a problem glorifying it with R. Kelly)

5 foot 2 - now she’s in constant pain from a new disease 

Chromatica - omg so depressed Ariana save me 

Now what.  All the **** Britney goes through and she just makes music.  Gaga is constantly playing the victim while she victimizes her audience and fans with horrible images when what people really need right now is comfort and a way to escape.  That was wrong to put that at the end of the video IMO.  That could trigger a lot of trauma for people.  It was way too excessive and explicit for shock-value sake.

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
12 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

There’s a reason the label cut that footage.  It would’ve been irresponsible to release it. That just proves my point. 

Well not really 

she throughout her career Has been trying so hard to share her struggles and dark times through her music and has been constrained so much

why do u only want manufactured pop stars tho

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I just think it’s tasteless and insensitive to use such violent imagery to shock the audience when people are going through traumatic times in their lives.

but Gaga always does this. Wallows in her misery to play victim and have depth.
Artpop - Media is bullying her 

tony Bennett/ till it happens to you era -****** assault (Never Gad a problem glorifying it with R. Kelly)

5 foot 2 - now she’s in constant pain from a new disease 

Chromatica - omg so depressed Ariana save me 

Now what.  All the **** Britney goes through and she just makes music.  Gaga is constantly playing the victim while she victimizes her audience and fans with horrible images when what people really need right now is comfort and a way to escape.  That was wrong to put that at the end of the video IMO.  That could trigger a lot of trauma for people.  It was way too excessive and explicit for shock-value sake.

Wow, you are not making any sense at all. Its very clear that you have a distaste for Gaga, wich is fine but stop force feeding your opinion on the rest of us. Who can decide for themselves what is excessive, traumatic etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Gaga releases weird video for 911 re-enacting the tarot card for death and Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death is announced the same day. 🙄 real subtle.  Don’t they ever get bored with their Faux-stradamus  shtick. This is like when edge of glory video came out and the sax player died.  They need to just focus on making good music like the 90s.  Nobody’s going to even remember this song in a year.  Just go back to Wannabe, Fly Away, All I Wanna Do, Ironic, Love Fool, Every Morning.  Music for the people. These weird artists can’t just make a good song anymore.  They gotta do all this wack ****.  That’s why the American public doesn’t support the industry anymore.

No wonder there’s panic in the industry, I mean please.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

It’s the agenda Hollywood producers and directors have. She is just a puppet she has no say in what she puts out, she’s just allowed to take credit for it all. That’s the music industry 🎶.  

Pretty much . The whole " iM a StRoNg WoMan this was my idea" is just a facade . Gaga's the biggest puppet of all even though i love her... she was the reason behind pushing certain agendas. Even her imagery protrays her as a major puppet. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block