Lady Gaga's "911" short film: all the symbolism and imagery explained

• Content Curators
7 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

I

Now what.  All the **** Britney goes through and she just makes music.  Gaga is constantly playing the victim while she victimizes her audience and fans with horrible images when what people really need right now is comfort and a way to escape.  That was wrong to put that at the end of the video IMO.  That could trigger a lot of trauma for people.  It was way too excessive and explicit for shock-value sake.

I’m so confused 

the reason Britney doesn’t talk about this stuff is cause her label manufactured the crap out of her! All her real and true ideas were so dark and haunting just like Gaga’s 

Britney literally attending her own funeral in gimme more 

the song rebellion itself which is so haunting 

everytime and the suicide references 

and then blackout which is clearly her most dark and haunting album which she co produced

• Love 2
5 hours ago, summer2summer said:

Pretty much . The whole " iM a StRoNg WoMan this was my idea" is just a facade . Gaga's the biggest puppet of all even though i love her... she was the reason behind pushing certain agendas. Even her imagery protrays her as a major puppet. 

lmao if we are talking about agendas, i can tell that having something like Cuties today it's cause Britney Spears was the main puppet that push and normalized the idea of sexualizing minors... 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I really missed Gaga doing these weird-azz short film type music videos where you literally have no idea what's going on. :neydedance_purple: Though, I don't see this song doing well on the charts, but I'm willing to stand corrected. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: Also, gotta love how some people tried to cry wolf about cultural appropriation, and then this happened:

This is so satisfying... :melt_weird_drift_wow:

OMG yessssssssssss! :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: Now these "woke" rats can shut the heck up finally :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

EDIT: The random downvote :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

EDIT 2: 50 points for @OnlyBeyonce removing @PuertoRicosFinest delusional reaction :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

OK. i didnt like it. thought it was cheap and easy, i get all the refrences and the tribute to film however its just soooo meh. could have been a third instalment to pap and telephone. lord knows its been long enough. could have been a career retrospective piece. to me it just does not fit in the chromactica vibe and feels like a student film. anyway still a fan always will be 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I’m so confused 

the reason Britney doesn’t talk about this stuff is cause her label manufactured the crap out of her! All her real and true ideas were so dark and haunting just like Gaga’s 

Britney literally attending her own funeral in gimme more 

the song rebellion itself which is so haunting 

everytime and the suicide references 

and then blackout which is clearly her most dark and haunting album which she co produced

Great example.  You mean the video she directed before she had a mental breakdown and ended up on a ambulance gurnee and almost died? Superb model of a mentally fit artist sharing their healthy vision of wellbeing with their fans.  You people just want a spectacle.  You’re so desensitized you don’t know what’s acceptable to put out to the public anymore.

4 minutes ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Great example.  You mean the video she directed before she had a mental breakdown and ended up on a ambulance gurnee and almost died? Superb model of a mentally fit artist sharing their healthy vision of wellbeing with their fans.  You people just want a spectacle.  You’re so desensitized you don’t know what’s acceptable to put out to the public anymore.

Dear, this isnt disneyland, take your glasses off and stop being delusional. Theres a whole genre of dark music and videography, and art is a expressive form to express your feelings. What was Britney feeling? the feeling of being hounded by dozens of papparazzis, the feeling of being known by almost everyone on the planet but still being lonely, the feeling of being the biggest popstar in the world at the time yet sad, the feeling of loss of privacy, and the feeling of sadness from the media backlash she recieved in the ITZ era, she expressed it through her music video. Sharing yr mental health and struggle is such a beneficial thing to do to yourself, especially through a form you enjoy and find passion in. A artist cannot make a happy video when they are deep down sad, right? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink: Dude, what on Earth are you going on about? Your posts sound ridiculous. Your equating things that happen in real life (reality) to a music video?

Are you OK? The way your speaking sounds as if you have some built up aggression/anger/delusion. At first I thought you were just trolling with nonsense, since what your saying is complete nonsense; but now I feel your being serious and that is very concerning. I know you can't tell someones tone of speaking through text, but the way you keep saying the same thing over and over again is deeply strange. Your talking about the mental well-being of people you don't know and saying crazy things about them. I don't understand where these comments are coming from.

The ONLY job of an artist is to create, nothing else. Everything else you are saying are things you came up with that defines what an artist is....doesn't mean its true or that they have to follow what your saying, who are you to judge anything they do?

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
8 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

But people have been talking about mental issues suicide worldly issues in songs and music videos for the longest time

way before Britney or gaga

all the way back to the 70s maybe 60s

3 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

One of the best videos this year! Very artsy fartsy I really appreciate detail of this video. I watch it like 5 times just because of all of the details that was connected throughout the video

The video was good besides the cringe pillow guy and the horrific ending.  And I wish she danced more. Otherwise there was very cool imagery.  Won’t be watching it again though because of the gruesome  ending.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block