Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Imagine saying this when Britney sold over 100k 18 years into her career and Katy sold 50k in a WAY earlier stage of her career :tifflmao:

Do not even compare the two BritneyJean2006 :lessons:

106FLOPK for a artist who has sold 1.3 million copies in their first week? :deserves:

Also it wasn’t to deep meaning, i was re-phrasing what @CrazyButItFeelsAllright was saying and showing how it doesn’t make sense :bichpls:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dexwhitespears said:

What the actual ****! I didn't even know about this.

Genuine question, i am not from the States, I know who Shawn is, but is he even music A-list, chart performance and popularity wise? Again, genuine question, no jibe. 

not sure what list he is in but i believe he had a career/public interest resurgence due to his relationship with Carmela, was ir Carmela or Camel? i'm not sure of her name but dat ho.e from Fifty Harmonica :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

they always pose pda pics/vids, which are borderline cringy but who are we to judge same-*** relationships :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Itachi said:

not sure what list he is in but i believe he had a career/public interest resurgence due to his relationship with Carmela, was ir Carmela or Camel? i'm not sure of her name but dat ho.e from Fifty Harmonica :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

they always pose pda pics/vids, which are borderline cringy but who are we to judge same-*** relationships :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Oh yeah, that i am aware of. Well lets see till what time that contrac.... oh sorry i meant relationship runs. 

:tifflmao:

• Haha 1
On 9/7/2020 at 10:18 PM, vinay said:

Britney will easily sell more then 50K albums in a week even if she releases an album  before being out of the conservatorship,  then just imagine if she is out of the conservatorship (or atleast out of Jamie's clutches) then just imagine her numbers 

The thought of having a Britney album debuting lower than 100k sales is giving me anxieties :jl:

• Love 1
On 9/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, vinay said:

Britney will easily sell more then 50K albums in a week even if she releases an album  before being out of the conservatorship,  then just imagine if she is out of the conservatorship (or atleast out of Jamie's clutches) then just imagine her numbers 

18 minutes ago, alienatedNey said:

The thought of having a Britney album debuting lower than 100k sales is giving me anxieties :jl:

She’ll definitely do better than Katy. I mean Glory did 88k pure and 111k SPS 1st week. Pure sales have declined since then but hopefully RCA will release some vinyls, special editions etc to boost her pure sales. A ticket/merch bundle would also be great. Even when you look at the SPS numbers, Katy only moved an additional 15k units from streaming, while Britney moved 23k, which is more impressive on Britney’s end considering that streaming wasn’t as big in 2016 and Britney released less singles 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

She’ll definitely do better than Katy. I mean Glory did 88k pure and 111k SPS 1st week. Pure sales have declined since then but hopefully RCA will release some vinyls, special editions etc to boost her pure sales. A ticket/merch bundle would also be great. Even when you look at the SPS numbers, Katy only moved an additional 15k units from streaming, while Britney moved 23k, which is more impressive on Britney’s end considering that streaming wasn’t as big in 2016 and Britney released less singles 

bundles won't work anymore after October. Her team has been so incompetent, but whatever the money doesn't go to Britney anyway.

15 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

We all know she’ll do well especially if she’s free or has more control over her life and financials. Fans and gp are rooting for her af as we speak so I’m not worried about her next comeback album. Britney’s career will be fine :akii:

oh and bundles wont work anymore hence why we saw Taylor releasing her album out of the blue with like 100 different covers and merch

• Love 1

Ok...I listened to the album again and its not that bad :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Its slightly generic though and the droplet singles didn’t help hype it up. I mean if you’ve already listened to half of someones album before it drops are you gonna listen to it again :oprah:

NRO - is one of the highlights and a good intro into the album :mcry:

Cry about it later - is infectiously annoying. I feel like she repeats the title a million times :clownery:

Teary Eyed - actually got my ears perked up and I started singing along:neydedance:

Daisies - I like this song but I can see why it failed to capture the GP’s attention. We have had Firework, Roar, Part of Me :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Resilient - This is where the album takes a dip for me. I don’t care for this song :parisok:

Not the end of the world - It sounds like something she would have released on Prism or back in 2015 :rihstare_rihanna_well_stare_staring_fingers_looking_around:

Smile - Its alright. Not bad but not great. Def not single worthy IMO :martini:

Champagne Problems - Its a cute BOP :flawlessbye_leave_walk_there_i_said_it:

Tucked - I get the appeal. I might listen to it again. Its cute :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Harleys in Hawaii - I still dont understand how this song flopped so hard. Its probably my favorite on the album :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Only love - Don’t care. Pass. :clicktina:

What makes a woman - Its alright. Nothing noteworthy but not awful. 

Highlights: Never really over, Teary Eyed, Champagne Problems, Harleys in Hawaii

• Love 2

My solid review of the album is a 3/10.

Sorry, I went in with an open mind but it failed to keep me interested. Standout tracks were Never Really Over and Harley’s in Hawaii. I enjoy Smile too as a generic bop if I’m in the mood to be uplifted but still, nothing new grabs my attention. Sounds dated mostly, this album is full of Prism and Witness filler tracks. Anyway, songs I wouldn’t skip when they come on would be NRO, Harleys, Teary Eyed, Smile, and Tucked. Worst tracks: Cry About It Later (for being annoying) and Resilient (her voice over a Regina Skeptor instrumental is interesting). :) 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block