Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Club future nostalgia definitely has best dance electronic album.

But I doubt Dua will get Album of the year. The recording academy always goes to their usual favs. Grammys will be Taylor's night. 

No, the original future nostalgia will not get any dance nominations. 

They changed it to a dj category only. Which is smart of Dua to do the club version as well. 

@Jordan Miller not many people know that the last pop song to win Best dance recording was only girl (in the world) by Rihanna. 

Well, Folklore needed 27 reviews to get it the same metacritc score Future Nostalgia got only with 19 nominations :byetina:

Ill shut up when Folklores sets a india/folk trend in mainstream pop, like how Dua pioneered the disco trend :messbye:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Живак said:

Joanne sold around 3 million SPS ww, would Smile?:mcwave: Joanne sold 201 000 sps first week in US, would Smile sell 51 000? :chrissy:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Lol Joanne was underperformed :hahaha:

It sold just 2.5 million WW, debuted with 201k sales which is her second-most lowest album first week sales. Should i mention how Joannes sales by its second week dropped by a 70% dip in sales (61k sold), and was the 28th best-selling album of 2016 and didnt even sell over 1 million copies :chrissy:

goo.JPG.73293d024505f7bba8ed030d6431b021.JPG

Regardless it isnt about sales, Joanne was Gagas healing album after Artpop. Just like that SMILE is Katys healing album after Witness. It will help set Katy for a more stronger comeback.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ShatteredGlass98 said:

I don’t see why people call a top 5 album a flop. She could do a lot worse.

However I think this is a sign that Katy needs a change in musical direction. Not for the charts but for herself as an artist. Give us something different Katy! Maybe an R&B album or an ambient album? Smile was back to basics but now she needs to reinvent. 

I do think she needs to re-invent herself but not do R&B music, I feel like Disco would be perfect for her

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block